Cant we go back to seniority

Comments

• vital5 wrote:
    And why would anyone new ever join the club if they did it that way? They'd be losing thousands of members just to keep the most senior members happy.
    They'll be losing memberships soon enough if senior members can't get tickets anymore.

I suggest they cut off ticket access to members that join after the release of No Code! :lol::lol::lol:
    if they've been paying membership fees for twenty years, chances are they arent gonna stop now.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    MrSmith wrote:
    vital5 wrote:
    And why would anyone new ever join the club if they did it that way? They'd be losing thousands of members just to keep the most senior members happy.
    They'll be losing memberships soon enough if senior members can't get tickets anymore.

I suggest they cut off ticket access to members that join after the release of No Code! :lol::lol::lol:
    if they've been paying membership fees for twenty years, chances are they arent gonna stop now.
    I've been paying for 14 years... i'm considering canning my membership.

I'm sure other members have thought about it deeply...(stupid mop!)
  • I do remember back in the day even when we had to mail for the shows they weren't garunteed. We had to give our top 3. Just saying my thread has nothing to do with your topic. Senority does have its benefits.

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • vital5 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    vital5 wrote:

im sure they think and consider it every year, then they renew :)

if joining now got you nothing but a vinyl and a little newsletter, no one would join at all.

besides, i dount PJ likes playing to the same people over and over.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    MrSmith wrote:
    vital5 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

im sure they think and consider it every year, then they renew :)

if joining now got you nothing but a vinyl and a little newsletter, no one would join at all.

besides, i dount PJ likes playing to the same people over and over.

I'm thinking of joining the Nickelback fanclub instead. You get a free Chad beard. Much better than getting screwed for tickets.

I just hope the fanclub tickets were more expensive than through Ticketmaster... as they were with the Australian tour... 8-)
  • vital5 wrote:

I just hope the fanclub tickets were more expensive than through Ticketmaster... as they were with the Australian tour... 8-)
    heh really? thats awesome
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    i have a fairly mid to upper-level # (241zzz), and i live in denver, where they haven't played a show since 03. i'm just happy to get the chance to go see them anywhere, and plenty of us get shutout of the shows we want to see, so everyone who complains about not getting to see their 200th show in their hometown on the east coast is really kind of sounding like a spoiled sore loser at this point.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • sk8nshoot1 wrote:

I think it (so many people being shut out of MSG pre-sale) might go back to to the number of pairs being sold. I recall in 03 at the Garden Ed said there were over 8,000 fan club tickets (and that made sense because I have #265xxx and I was in the 300's for that one.)

I'm pretty sure they didn't sell anywhere near that amount of tickets for these shows, but I guess we'll never know because 10C won't tell us how many tix are available to the fan club presale...

The venues now decide how many fan club tickets can be given out for any band. It has been mentioned its 10% or 20% of the venue
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    fuck seniority! GA shows for all so we can fight it out 8-):lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I do remember back in the day even when we had to mail for the shows they weren't garunteed. We had to give our top 3. Just saying my thread has nothing to do with your topic. Senority does have its benefits.

Scott
    And weren't most of the shows General Admission? The ones I went to prior to 1998 were.
    I join after a friend told me the Fan Club wasn't a typical bullshit fan club where you got some shitty Certificate (suitable for framing), an 8.5x11 newsletter written by the club president and a lame 8x10 promo shot with the autograph's printed on. He said I wouldn't have to deal with ChargeLine or TicketTron outlets for Pearl Jam tickets like i had to deal with for every other band. And it was like 5 bucks or some shit.
    Great... anything than having to deal with the frustration of busy signals or that bitch telling me that all circuits are busy at this time.
    Turns out, the newsletters are kinda cool... the 45s are great... and now, I don't have to deal with phone lines or early wake ups on a Saturday morning, wristbands and lines at the MusicPlus.
    Reserved seating in '98 was great. I ended up in the 3rd row, between Eddie and Jeff. The same number last year moved me back to Row 19.
    But, you'll not hear complaints from me. I am glad that there are people that get to see what I have seen (even though, them shows back then were really fricken' spectacles). I remember how I felt and I'm happy to know that someone else now knows that feeling. Besides... 20 bucks today goes about as far as 5 bucks did in 94 and really is chump change... spread 20 bucks over one year and it's about a nickle a day. I ain't about to bitch about a nickle a day.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    speaking as an elder memeber....
    we do have seniority, it doesn't get us in row 1 or 2 but it gets us close.
    no entitlement! for anyone.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I hope the 10C NEVER take away the lottery! Cuz its the only chance for young fans like me to get really close!

Not my fault that I was like 11 when some of you joined the fan club!

But really, be thankful for your membership! You have the chance to get in the venue before most. And if I'm in the venue, then I'm a happy camper!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Yea dont worry, the old timers may bitch...but they ain't going anywhere.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    vital5 wrote:

14 years huh? Um, ah, just talked to Management and they said it's going to only get tougher, yeah, that's it, tougher to get seats, and the wait will be like 8 hours refreshing next time.

They said all pre-1998 Ten Club members should abandon ship.

j/k of course. :D;) :P
    t0mMye wrote:

lol, exactly. it's not like any of us are going to be sad to see people make more room for the rest of us if they do go, though. it seems to me like the "old timers" (sounds weird for me to say, as i have been a fan since the beginning yet am only 27) are the ones who complain the most. i hardly think anyone will cry over people leaving the 10c.
    t0mMye wrote:

lol, exactly. it's not like any of us are going to be sad to see people make more room for the rest of us if they do go, though. it seems to me like the "old timers" (sounds weird for me to say, as i have been a fan since the beginning yet am only 27) are the ones who complain the most. i hardly think anyone will cry over people leaving the 10c.
    I think you are mistaken.
    Sure, the guy who started this thing is complaining... but I have read far more from the folks in the higher range complaining about 'the statues in the front row'. I know a lot of long time members that are cool with the current 1-2,9-10 rule and are happy to share.
    No one is to blame for the fact that you were born too late. Well, except maybe your parents.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    i think the low number members have it great and they know it (if they don't they are stupid). Given the longevity of the band and the influx of members over the years, i think the lottery system is helpful. But even more "fair" would be allocate 50% of fan club tickets by seniority and allocate 50% randomly. The current system is still very skewed in favor of the low numbers. Nothing will ever be perfect, but this would be much more fair to any younger fans who should have a reasonable chance at getting a good view of the show. To be honest, the lottery does not afford a high number member with a "reasonable chance". To show up the day of the show in Chicago and end up with seats in the 300 level would have been a downer, knowing you could have just waited for the public tickets to go on sale and easily had a better seat. I don't think they should ever be sitting members in the rafters, it is better to just reduce the ticket allotment and that way at least if you get a 10club seat you know you are going to be in a good spot regardless of your number. Well, just my opinions. All else fails, fly to London and catch a general admission show at Hyde Park!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i got the answer....

we use a waiver wire

you put in for tickets, and the people that have gone the longest without tickets get the tickets...

oh wait, that wouldn't work, because everybody would sign up for a new account after getting tickets.. damn them new people. ok...so we need a new person rule....only 10% of the tickets can go to people that have never gotten tickets thru 10c before....

then we have to discuss seating. make it random.

you can thank me later
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    Cosmo wrote:
    I know a lot of long time members that are cool with the current 1-2,9-10 rule and are happy to share.

I agree, but there are many old timers that haven't been in the 1st or 2nd rows since signing up via snail mail day's back say in '95 or so. Some have been sitting back 10-15 row's back @ certain show's. (Ok, maybe one show they got 2nd row, maybe a hometown show, but the others?) Believe me! Plus the lottery is a gamble. During the '08 & '09 tour the lottery was laid down, I am 0-16 with 10club ticket's via the 1-2 & 9-10 row lottery seats. Would be sweet to win just one, but I don't believe in gambling. If you think that's funny, I don't even smoke or drink. I should start trying though; see if I do have any luck.
  • ...how close is not a factor just have your friend stub you down closer....
    I have to say, this is one of my biggest pet-peeves (sp?). It's called having respect for others. If you have a ticket, you sit in the seat that goes with that ticket. I recall going to see PJ in 1998 when the row I was in was so packed and people were all over us because the guy next to me kept bringing his buddies into the row with us from the lawn. There were about 15 or more of them where there were supposed to be 2 people.

What happened to basic respect in society? When I have a ticket that says I sit in seat C12, I want to be near seat C12 by myself.... call me old-timer if you'd like.. I know there are probably plenty of people out there that say "the more the better".. but I personally like space to breath.

In terms of seniority - Unless the band is going to start playing in every city, you really can't give priority to people living within a certain distance of the venue. However, I really liked the way they did the LA shows where you could only get one show per 10c member - this way 2 nights in one city could allow more fan club members to attend instead of 2 for some and none for others. However, if the 2nd nights' pre-sale didn't sell out, open it back up to the fan club again to buy more than one.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    fuck seniority! GA shows for all so we can fight it out 8-):lol:
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    I'm 425 xxx and was row 21 Floor in Vancouver '09. I was more than happy with that. I am sure that 101xxx is in row 3, as he deserves to be. If he/she wins the lottery good on him/her. If I do, more of the same.

I should have signed up 8 years ago, as I thought then it would put me at the back of the queue. At the time I was right, but I'd be reaping the benefits now!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

I have to say, this is one of my biggest pet-peeves (sp?). It's called having respect for others. If you have a ticket, you sit in the seat that goes with that ticket. I recall going to see PJ in 1998 when the row I was in was so packed and people were all over us because the guy next to me kept bringing his buddies into the row with us from the lawn. There were about 15 or more of them where there were supposed to be 2 people.

What happened to basic respect in society? When I have a ticket that says I sit in seat C12, I want to be near seat C12 by myself.... call me old-timer if you'd like.. I know there are probably plenty of people out there that say "the more the better".. but I personally like space to breath.
    Actually... it is not just a Pet-peeve... it is pure bullshit. It is a selfish act for them to drag their sorry ass buddies to infringe on other, fellow fan mates.
    What I have done... swap out my seat with a friend in the back... I take their seat, they take mine for half the gig.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:

Actually... it is not just a Pet-peeve... it is pure bullshit. It is a selfish act for them to drag their sorry ass buddies to infringe on other, fellow fan mates.
    What I have done... swap out my seat with a friend in the back... I take their seat, they take mine for half the gig.
    Wow.. that's great. If only we all acted so kindly...
  • Yeah sucks 12 years in the ten club then get shut out of three shows :( Old systerm was the best
    sean
    it doesn't matter what the system, someone is going to be bitching and moaning, period.
    Cosmo wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

I think you are mistaken.
    Sure, the guy who started this thing is complaining... but I have read far more from the folks in the higher range complaining about 'the statues in the front row'. I know a lot of long time members that are cool with the current 1-2,9-10 rule and are happy to share.
    No one is to blame for the fact that you were born too late. Well, except maybe your parents.

i've never complained about being "born too late". i'm 27 years old, i've had more opportunity than most, less than some, to see the band live. and the people complaining the most, at least the most vitriolic, about being shut out are "senior" members, as far as i've seen. i don't believe in entitlement, that is all that frustrates me about the situation. i tried to get tickets, i failed. i will try again. done. if you get your tix, you get better seats. if they change the system, you or someone else will still bitch about it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    I'm very happy with the way this band has handle the tickets situation i have a very low member # and 10C has treated me like a king I've never sat further than 9th row and that was due to getting late to the venue . since 98 i always sat 1st row now i get 3rd row and i have never let my membership expire at all , i have renewed every yr since 93 THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVR HAPPEND TO ME ....I fucking love this band :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    BrianG wrote:
    i think the low number members have it great and they know it (if they don't they are stupid). Given the longevity of the band and the influx of members over the years, i think the lottery system is helpful. But even more "fair" would be allocate 50% of fan club tickets by seniority and allocate 50% randomly. The current system is still very skewed in favor of the low numbers. Nothing will ever be perfect, but this would be much more fair to any younger fans who should have a reasonable chance at getting a good view of the show.

50-50 would be cool, best of both worlds!
    Or instead of 50-50, maybe just split shows up--I think DMB does it this way- some shows are by seniority, some shows are random
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    demetrios wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    I know a lot of long time members that are cool with the current 1-2,9-10 rule and are happy to share.

I agree, but there are many old timers that haven't been in the 1st or 2nd rows since signing up via snail mail day's back say in '95 or so. Some have been sitting back 10-15 row's back @ certain show's. (Ok, maybe one show they got 2nd row, maybe a hometown show, but the others?) Believe me! Plus the lottery is a gamble. During the '08 & '09 tour the lottery was laid down, I am 0-16 with 10club ticket's via the 1-2 & 9-10 row lottery seats. Would be sweet to win just one, but I don't believe in gambling. If you think that's funny, I don't even smoke or drink. I should start trying though; see if I do have any luck.

You really should start to smoke and drink, it's never to late to do the wrong thing. ;)