Cant we go back to seniority

posternutbag77posternutbag77 Posts: 20
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Seemed to me it worked much better that way. If its not going to be that way in the future I wonder why I keep a membership. my three main reasons were

1. Ticket seniority
2. Deep magazine
3. Fan club Holiday Single

If there is no good reason to have seniority why keep the membership?
I am a rhinoceros and my skin is two feet thick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Ummm It is by seniority, for those who were able to secure the fan club pre-sale tix... They will be assigned by seniority (save for rows 1 & 2 and 9 & 10)
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • :crazy: :wtf: :crazy: :wtf:
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    If there is no good reason to have seniority why keep the membership?
    I give up. Why?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Saving Rows 1-2 & 9-10 for random allocation takes the seniority factor out of tickets/seating.

Who wins the lottery?
  • vital5 wrote:
    Who wins the lottery?

(Hail, Hail) the lucky ones.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    give us all a chance to see the band close up.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    vital5 wrote:
    Saving Rows 1-2 & 9-10 for random allocation takes the seniority factor out of tickets/seating.

Who wins the lottery?
    I was in the second section in L.A.... and Eddie gave me a tamborine. I was even 4 rows back in the second section. So, it's all random on who wins... depending on how you define, 'Win'. I guess.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • dont care about how close just care about getting a ticket. in the past it seemed everyone put in their orders and determined by who was in the longest that assured them of a ticket, how close is not a factor just have your friend stub you down closer. I wasnt around for the last pre-order, knew I would be on the west coast and wouldnt be able to go. I guess thats how they did it for the last tour with the halloween show? until then I got tix for every show I tried for since 2000. first come first servedoesnt really work in a pre order, might as well have a lottery with the pre orders
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    dont care about how close just care about getting a ticket. in the past it seemed everyone put in their orders and determined by who was in the longest that assured them of a ticket, how close is not a factor just have your friend stub you down closer. I wasnt around for the last pre-order, knew I would be on the west coast and wouldnt be able to go. I guess thats how they did it for the last tour with the halloween show? until then I got tix for every show I tried for since 2000. first come first servedoesnt really work in a pre order, might as well have a lottery with the pre orders
    great idea! that way younger people like me with a high fan club number never get a chance at getting tickets! :thumbup:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dont care about how close just care about getting a ticket. in the past it seemed everyone put in their orders and determined by who was in the longest that assured them of a ticket, how close is not a factor just have your friend stub you down closer. I wasnt around for the last pre-order, knew I would be on the west coast and wouldnt be able to go. I guess thats how they did it for the last tour with the halloween show? until then I got tix for every show I tried for since 2000. first come first servedoesnt really work in a pre order, might as well have a lottery with the pre orders
    So your dollars is better than someone else.?,,seniority is fair about the seat in the show..buy tic is about pay membership..maybe is better to give tic to the ones renew for alot of years.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • yes your chance is when everyone else has the chance, tomorrow through ticketmaster....even when I was a new member, only in for a few months I got tix for all the tours

on the vote for change tour the msg shows didnt have enough so ethey sent an email to those denied if they would rather go to the show in jersey if they could. I sent an email back saying I couldnt and still got msg tix! the way they did this 3-4 years ago and before seemed to allow for fan club members to get what they requested
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    .. in the past it seemed everyone put in their orders and determined by who was in the longest that assured them of a ticket, ..

When 'in the past' was this?
    So your dollars is better than someone else.?,,seniority is fair about the seat in the show..buy tic is about pay membership..maybe is better to give tic to the ones renew for alot of years.. :mrgreen:
    translation:

So your money is worth more than others? Seniority is fair for determining seat location but it shouldn't come into play with who is able to purchase tickets. Last sentence...even i don't understand! :lol:
    No... if, for example, they are going to take 1,000 orders for 400 pairs of tickets... it needs to be random. If you are in the luck of the draw, great... if not, oh well. Seniority will pan out amongst the 400 recipients, even if they all happen to be drawn from the 350,000 to 450,000 bloc.
    That's fair.
    Hail, Hail!!!
    yes your chance is when everyone else has the chance, tomorrow through ticketmaster....even when I was a new member, only in for a few months I got tix for all the tours

on the vote for change tour the msg shows didnt have enough so ethey sent an email to those denied if they would rather go to the show in jersey if they could. I sent an email back saying I couldnt and still got msg tix! the way they did this 3-4 years ago and before seemed to allow for fan club members to get what they requested
    so we are taking advice from somebody who saw pearl jam at madison square garden in 2004?! congrats on the private show :thumbup:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Oh no not another one of these threads :oops: :oops:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Well technically, if Greece doesn't work out it's economic crisis, the euro is going in the shitter. So yes, our dollars are better than your euros.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    yes your chance is when everyone else has the chance, tomorrow through ticketmaster....even when I was a new member, only in for a few months I got tix for all the tours

so we are taking advice from somebody who saw pearl jam at madison square garden in 2004?! congrats on the private show :thumbup:

ok fine it was 2003 when the jersey shows were a couple days after the msg ones
    gndcd402 wrote:
    translation:

So your money is worth more than others? Seniority is fair for determining seat location but it shouldn't come into play with who is able to purchase tickets. Last sentence...even i don't understand! :lol:
    yes..!!!i was trying to say this... :lol::lol: ..last sentence is that to give tix to the members renew their membership for more than one year...like me :D ..so as later your membership expires u get the best seats in the house :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    Well technically, if Greece doesn't work out it's economic crisis, the euro is going in the shitter. So yes, our dollars are better than your euros.

Exactly! Sure is the best time to buy up on Euro cash! While the Canadian dollar is close to an even dollar to the USA, it's only 1.38 Euro to the Canadian dollar. If you're heading down to the US this May, you should be heading to the bank and pick up some USA currency before the USA comes back up like they usually do for some reason. I'm tempted to put down some Euro dollars & have an amazing summer in Kalamata! 8-)
  • I hate to agree.

First come first serve is just not working anymore, it has been harder and harder to get fan club tickets since the 2006 tour. And I understand it is because of their popularity, but I think something new needs to be done. Maybe base it on regional fans getting access first, or going back to each member picks 3 shows they want to attend.

This was the first time I got shut out of a 10c sale (MSG x 2), and I spent over an hour on each show to get a ticket.

Lets be honest too we pay for a membership in order to get these tickets, and when I get shut out twice to see a show in my home state I feel like I got ripped.

I have been doing a lot of bitching on the board lately, but I really think the way they have handled the pre-sale and ticket prices are just absurd. The 10c sale on ticketmaster was a good PR move to keep fans somewhat happy.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • And why would anyone new ever join the club if they did it that way? They'd be losing thousands of members just to keep the most senior members happy.
  • I got a decent FC # 151XXX I won the lottery in Chicago last year had 2nd row center the 1st night. :mrgreen: It does happen!!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
    we are in better shape now!!!we have money in Greece..we sold New york and Seattle to the Germans :lol:
  • a lottery for tickets would work fine
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Got a gun, fact I got 2.........
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is one of those threads, if your on one side of the fence your gona want one thing and if not your gona want the other. If they went back to seniority they would lose a lot of new members right off the bat. i'm sticken around no matter what. :D
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    I hate to agree.

First come first serve is just not working anymore, it has been harder and harder to get fan club tickets since the 2006 tour. And I understand it is because of their popularity, but I think something new needs to be done. Maybe base it on regional fans getting access first, or going back to each member picks 3 shows they want to attend.

This was the first time I got shut out of a 10c sale (MSG x 2), and I spent over an hour on each show to get a ticket.

Lets be honest too we pay for a membership in order to get these tickets, and when I get shut out twice to see a show in my home state I feel like I got ripped.

I have been doing a lot of bitching on the board lately, but I really think the way they have handled the pre-sale and ticket prices are just absurd. The 10c sale on ticketmaster was a good PR move to keep fans somewhat happy.

I think it (so many people being shut out of MSG pre-sale) might go back to to the number of pairs being sold. I recall in 03 at the Garden Ed said there were over 8,000 fan club tickets (and that made sense because I have #265xxx and I was in the 300's for that one.)

I'm pretty sure they didn't sell anywhere near that amount of tickets for these shows, but I guess we'll never know because 10C won't tell us how many tix are available to the fan club presale...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
    I hate to agree.

Here is my wishlist:
    I wish that there was some way where the people who live in the same proper as the venue got the best seats... everyone else got sat by seniority after that. Imagine our friends in Kansas City, for example... I wish they got the best seats at their hometown gigs, not fans flying in from elsewhere.
    I wish that there was some way to gage the level of intensity for each pre-sale and vendor out those high volume shows to TicketWeb.
    I wish there was some way that we cared less about what we feel we are owed and just be happy for someone else.
    Oh... and I wish the Indio, CA. show of 1993 shows up in either CD or (better yet) DVD form in the 'vs.' re-issue.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    And why would anyone new ever join the club if they did it that way? They'd be losing thousands of members just to keep the most senior members happy.
    They'll be losing memberships soon enough if senior members can't get tickets anymore.

I suggest they cut off ticket access to members that join after the release of No Code! :lol::lol::lol: