i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now...

2»

Comments

• BW144529BW144529 Posts: 14
    edited March 2010
    i think people have the right to complain about a system that was highly flawed. likewise, i don't think people should feel sorry for something they pay to have access to, or pay to benefit from, and when it fails announce concern. if no one complained most likely nothing would have been done. nothing in this world has ever changed when people have remained silent. i'm not justifying the rude, inconsiderate, ridiculous complaints, but someone who perhaps had tickets in cart and the system timed out during the credit card processing has a right to voice concern. that's a sign of a bad system and there is no excuse for it when we are talking about a million dollar band and a yearly access fee of $25 or more. You may of not liked the complaining, but you're not obligated to read those posts, nor were you in their shoes. I was and it was upsetting. i had tix in my cart at 3:05 for the first MSG show and it timed out during the address selection. Couldn't get a "buy" button the rest of the night, tried until they were sold out. i didn't say anything, but with this news i'm glad someone did.
    Post edited by BW144529 on
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    You see that's the mentality right there. Entitled. Brilliant.

pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm sure you saw a lot of people actually posting quite constructive things when expressing their disappointment ? Rather than the pathetic whining that was also in abundance. The kind of whining that is associated to spoilt brats with an entitlement problem.

I'm sure tenclub noticed the disappointed members and worked for them rather than the negative pathetic moaners who seemed to revel in pointing out the failings of the fan club

but hey if you want to think that slating those trying to help you, berating the club publically and acting like an 8 year old child got the 'result' that's extremely naive.

There is a way to deal with disappointment and that way wasn't exactly that clearly demonstrated by people I thought would have known better the last few days

So who are you to decide the proper way to complain about something? People wasted up to SIX HOURS trying to get tickets. Thankfully I wasn't one of them but I think that is grounds for being irate and complaining about it. Spoiled brats with an entitlement problem? WE PAY TO BE IN THIS CLUB. WE ARE CUSTOMERS. WE ARE ENTITLED. IT'S A DISCUSSION BOARD. People you thought would have known better?? What are you a 60 year old grandmother? Want to wash out our mouthes with soap? This is a message board dude....get off your high horse.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    pdalowsky wrote:

Right. Because we pay $20 for ticket privileges. It says plain as day in the new Deep under perks of the club...ticket privileges. Radiohead Waste fan club...no charge to be a member = no entitlement for tickets or anything at all. Muse...free presale....not entitled to anything. NIN...free presale...non entitled to anything. Here? We are entitled to things that the ten club give us as part of our membership. Does it say we are guaranteed a smooth buying process? No it doesn't but I don't think it's too much to expect it to be better than it was the other day if we pay $20 a year.
    You are accusing people of being childish yet you are the one going into threads admonishing people for complaining. You just make them more pissed off. Leave them alone.

nothing like contradicting yourself - this was a message/discussion board a minute ago
    pdalowsky wrote:

Right. Because we pay $20 for ticket privileges. It says plain as day in the new Deep under perks of the club...ticket privileges. Radiohead Waste fan club...no charge to be a member = no entitlement for tickets or anything at all. Muse...free presale....not entitled to anything. NIN...free presale...non entitled to anything. Here? We are entitled to things that the ten club give us as part of our membership. Does it say we are guaranteed a smooth buying process? No it doesn't but I don't think it's too much to expect it to be better than it was the other day if we pay $20 a year.

we'll agree to disagree. Probably for the best.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

we'll agree to disagree. Probably for the best.

Agreed :mrgreen:
  • BW144529BW144529 Posts: 14
    if what you mean by "mentality" is believing that you should receive reasonable goods and service for the product you are paying for, then I agree. I don't pay to be in the 10c because I love Eddie Vedder, I pay to be in the 10c to get advanced tickets, efficient access to them, Deep Mag, and perhaps a xmas gift. Nothing more. So when you are preparing a system that millions will be logged into at one time, and you have set it up that way, prepare, be ready, make it right, make it work. That's all I'm saying. I believe the band owes me nothing, but a fair shot at something I pay for i am owed. i bought a warranty on my car, i expect it to be fixed if the transmission fails. if i buy a steak at a restaurant and ask for medium rare, I expect medium rare. if i buy a dvd i expect it to work. if i place an order for a PJ gig poster from 10c goods section i expect it to be mailed to me, and be exactly what i ordered. that's not entitlement or false entitlement, thats logic. i pay for membership, give me a system that works, and when it fails, do what 10c did today. its business, bottom line. anyone who thinks their above that, high and noble, needs a slap in the face.

pdalowsky wrote:

pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm sure you saw a lot of people actually posting quite constructive things when expressing their disappointment ? Rather than the pathetic whining that was also in abundance. The kind of whining that is associated to spoilt brats with an entitlement problem.

I'm sure tenclub noticed the disappointed members and worked for them rather than the negative pathetic moaners who seemed to revel in pointing out the failings of the fan club

but hey if you want to think that slating those trying to help you, berating the club publically and acting like an 8 year old child got the 'result' that's extremely naive.

There is a way to deal with disappointment and that way wasn't exactly that clearly demonstrated by people I thought would have known better the last few days

So who are you to decide the proper way to complain about something? People wasted up to SIX HOURS trying to get tickets. Thankfully I wasn't one of them but I think that is grounds for being irate and complaining about it. Spoiled brats with an entitlement problem? WE PAY TO BE IN THIS CLUB. WE ARE CUSTOMERS. WE ARE ENTITLED. IT'S A DISCUSSION BOARD. People you thought would have known better?? What are you a 60 year old grandmother? Want to wash out our mouthes with soap? This is a message board dude....get off your high horse.
  • luke. wrote:
    i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now offer a massive sorry considering what 10c have done now to give members a second chance re getting tickets.

You really didn't get it.

Most people were really disappointed in the presale for MSG, Hartford and Boston not because they did not get any tickets. They were disappointed and angry about the whole process which was a total mess.
    A lot of fans here got tickets, and still said the system sucked.
    We all know that 10-C only can sell a limited number of tickets for a show. Nobody blamed them for this fact.
    But they have to find a way that is fair to everyone.

It's great that 10-C was able to create this ticketmaster pre-sale.
    But that does not change anything about the presale mess.
    luke. wrote:
    i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now offer a massive sorry considering what 10c have done now to give members a second chance re getting tickets.

You really didn't get it.

Most people were really disappointed in the presale for MSG, Hartford and Boston not because they did not get any tickets. They were disappointed and angry about the whole process which was a total mess.
    A lot of fans here got tickets, and still said the system sucked.
    We all know that 10-C only can sell a limited number of tickets for a show. Nobody blamed them for this fact.
    But they have to find a way that is fair to everyone.

It's great that 10-C was able to create this ticketmaster pre-sale.
    But that does not change anything about the presale mess.

Your logic is falling on deaf ears. People have been trying to say this for 2 days but the sheep won't listen. You are 100% right.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    But, the fact remains... Ten/VHC Fan Club members DID get tickets. You were entitled to participate in the sale to get tickets... something that some random person without a membership is not privy to... but, as it turns out, you didn't get tickets.
    NOTE: The 'YOU' i am referring to is in a general statement, not Hope/Choke specifically.
    So, those people that DID actually get tickets... had to deal with the same circumstances as those whom did not. It's just the way it goes... sometimes there just ain't enough to go to everyone and some of us go hungry.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    But, the fact remains... Ten/VHC Fan Club members DID get tickets. You were entitled to participate in the sale to get tickets... something that some random person without a membership is not privy to... but, as it turns out, you didn't get tickets.
    NOTE: The 'YOU' i am referring to is in a general statement, not Hope/Choke specifically.
    So, those people that DID actually get tickets... had to deal with the same circumstances as those whom did not. It's just the way it goes... sometimes there just ain't enough to go to everyone and some of us go hungry.

your wasting your time,

You are just a sheep. ;)
  • Your logic is falling on deaf ears. People have been trying to say this for 2 days but the sheep won't listen. You are 100% right.

And exactly this is really sad.
    This is a discussion forum, but a lot of people can't listen.
    As soon as the band/ 10-C is criticised (in a constructive way), some fanboys act like someone stole their toys.
    It's not bad to have an own opinion, it's important.
    And without constructive criticism, things often don't change.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Cosmo wrote:

Exactly... now can people stop bitching! $20 for a magazine, for a vinyl, access to this network, alerts/updates, and a shot at grabbing some great seats is well worth the price! Oh, but wait its about the principle.... F@*% that! It doesn't matter if they fix the system ...People are still going to complain... and complain and complain
    Your logic is falling on deaf ears. People have been trying to say this for 2 days but the sheep won't listen. You are 100% right.

And exactly this is really sad.
    This is a discussion forum, but a lot of people can't listen.
    As soon as the band/ 10-C is criticised (in a constructive way), some fanboys act like someone stole their toys.
    It's not bad to have an own opinion, it's important.
    And without constructive criticism, things often don't change.

your right, totally. Constructive criticism is always welcome. But there simply hasn't been much of that these last few days - which was all I was saying above
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

no crying here little boy, just laughing at your hilarious insult 'suck up' - let me guess, your 15??? Your command of the English language is embarrassing

oh and if being appreciative and grateful is a 'suck up' then so be it.

If you are going to knock someone on their command of the english language....at least know the proper usage of your and you're.

And it might not be intentional but you really do come across as a suck up.

ha ha another one - a 'suck up'

Dear god are you guys for real? I thought I'd left this stuff behind in the playground 15 years ago.
    after the age of 15 becoming an unrelenting kiss ass is ok? that's maturity to you? that makes no sense whatsoever.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,363
    luke. wrote:

btw i listened to riot act this morning ... farking awesome album!

You have it backwards. If people hadn't complained, the Ten Club wouldn't have known that it needed to make special arrangements. Thank you, yes. Sorry, no.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.