i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now...

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now offer a massive sorry considering what 10c have done now to give members a second chance re getting tickets.

btw i listened to riot act this morning ... farking awesome album!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    and in about 24 hours we will have anouther wave of people complaining. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    luke. wrote:

where have you been?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • luke.luke. Posts: 190
    they're all like fuking seagulls who missed out on a chip - they all go farking bonkers
  • massive sorry? are you serious?

maybe a tiny thanks for doing something to make up for the massive fuck up that is Tenclub ticket sales, but a massive sorry? you're reaching, pal.
  • RD81760RD81760 Posts: 127
    guarantee people complain about the seat locations being terrible
  • Thank you! Riot Act IS amazing.
    luke. wrote:

where have you been?
    nowhere - i just been listening to other stuff ... i came back to riot act after about a yr of not listening to it ... was just commenting that its awesome when you 'come back' to an album and you realise you should of been listening to it more ...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    MrSmith wrote:
    massive sorry? are you serious?

maybe a tiny thanks for doing something to make up for the massive fuck up that is Tenclub ticket sales, but a massive sorry? you're reaching, pal.

this is exactly the problem

This is what they are up against

get a fucking grip
  • editguy29editguy29 Posts: 19
    Can someone tell me what is happening with ticket sales? I have checked my email an nothing?
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

get a fucking grip
    stop crying because everyone isnt a suckup like you.
    MrSmith wrote:

yeah - and you're ennoying - shutup, no one cares.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    luke. wrote:
    i think everyone who bitched about ten club can now offer a massive sorry considering what 10c have done now to give members a second chance re getting tickets.

I completely disagree. I didnt complain too much, but i was not happy with the ordering process and the waste of over 3 hours with nothin to show. In addition, if people had not spoke up, they wouldnt have organized this second chance.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • oh and btw, it was probably the massive "whining and complaining" that spurred this, not the sheeple who just say "be quiet and dont be negative about anything ever" crowd.

dissent is patriotic!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    luke. wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

Yeah Mr. Smith's comments are getting redundant aren't they. Almost makes me wish Sawyer was still complaining about the lack of tour info. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    The Ten/VHC is a Mom and Pop organization... not some sort of monster operation with unlimited resources to run out and buy a server cluster with high availability service guards. They have always been a small shop and I think that is best because for the vast majority of the time... there is nothing much going on.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • edited March 2010
    DS114969 wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

Yeah Mr. Smith's comments are getting redundant aren't they. Almost makes me wish Sawyer was still complaining about the lack of tour info. :lol:
    somebody has to be around to rattle your perfect little made up worlds with reality every now and then.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    luke. wrote:

I completely disagree. I didnt complain too much, but i was not happy with the ordering process and the waste of over 3 hours with nothin to show. In addition, if people had not spoke up, they wouldnt have organized this second chance.

+1
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    luke. wrote:

+1

+ 1 more
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • locked wrote:
    luke. wrote:

+1
    I agree. But thanks anyway 10C!
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Cosmo wrote:
    The Ten/VHC is a Mom and Pop organization... not some sort of monster operation with unlimited resources to run out and buy a server cluster with high availability service guards. They have always been a small shop and I think that is best because for the vast majority of the time... there is nothing much going on.

The only reason it is a small "mom and pop" is because the band chooses not to invest their profit in bettering the club. The pearl jam corporation is worth millions of dollars so it's not like this is some small band with no resources for a fan club. If you notice in the new deep...in the back where there are contact email address..they actually mentioned the staff has recently expanded so the club has grown.

That said..it's awesome what they are doing with the extra pre-sale. Please don't bitch if the seats aren't that great tomorrow. They probably had to beg ticketmaster to do this. There is no reason to apologize to them because this doesn't erase what happened the past few days but this was really cool of them to do.

And to second what others have said...if it weren't for what the sheep like to refer to as the "whiners", this would have never happened so maybe from now on, the sheep can start their own thread/cult and hang out and talk about how every single thing pearl jam does is perfect and the rest of us back here in reality can speak up and get results.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Cosmo wrote:

That said..it's awesome what they are doing with the extra pre-sale. Please don't bitch if the seats aren't that great tomorrow. They probably had to beg ticketmaster to do this. There is no reason to apologize to them because this doesn't erase what happened the past few days but this was really cool of them to do.

Maybe PJ's contacts at Target helped negotiate with ticketmaster.........Good thing PJ sold out... wouldn't you say?
    MrSmith wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

get a fucking grip
    stop crying because everyone isnt a suckup like you.

no crying here little boy, just laughing at your hilarious insult 'suck up' - let me guess, your 15??? Your command of the English language is embarrassing

oh and if being appreciative and grateful is a 'suck up' then so be it.
  • SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    luke. wrote:

i'm sorry you had to listen to Riot Act
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Maybe PJ's contacts at Target helped negotiate with ticketmaster.........Good thing PJ sold out... wouldn't you say?
    I ain't saying anything about selling out or whatever...
    All I am saying is that I think it is a waste of money to have an expensive, high powered server system that can handle an onslaught that occurs what... 2 or 3 days a year? For the most part, the server runs efficiently enough to handle the typical workload... a couple of threads about Eddie's hair or t-shirt.
    and in life... you don't always get everything you want. Emphasis on want. Concert tickets are not life necessities... yeah, nice to have... but, not getting them doesn't mean you need to comtemplate suicide. If you don't get them... not that big of a deal. As long as my head, arms and legs are still attached and the blood in still in the veins and not on te floor... I'm okay.
    Leastwise, that's the way i see things.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure you saw a lot of people actually posting quite constructive things when expressing their disappointment ? Rather than the pathetic whining that was also in abundance. The kind of whining that is associated to spoilt brats with an entitlement problem.

I'm sure tenclub noticed the disappointed members and worked for them rather than the negative pathetic moaners who seemed to revel in pointing out the failings of the fan club

but hey if you want to think that slating those trying to help you, berating the club publically and acting like an 8 year old child got the 'result' that's extremely naive.

There is a way to deal with disappointment and that way wasn't exactly that clearly demonstrated by people I thought would have known better the last few days

Cosmo wrote:

The only reason it is a small "mom and pop" is because the band chooses not to invest their profit in bettering the club. The pearl jam corporation is worth millions of dollars so it's not like this is some small band with no resources for a fan club. If you notice in the new deep...in the back where there are contact email address..they actually mentioned the staff has recently expanded so the club has grown.

And to second what others have said...if it weren't for what the sheep like to refer to as the "whiners", this would have never happened so maybe from now on, the sheep can start their own thread/cult and hang out and talk about how every single thing pearl jam does is perfect and the rest of us back here in reality can speak up and get results.
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
    pdalowsky wrote:

no crying here little boy, just laughing at your hilarious insult 'suck up' - let me guess, your 15??? Your command of the English language is embarrassing

If you are going to knock someone on their command of the english language....at least know the proper usage of your and you're.

And it might not be intentional but you really do come across as a suck up.
    pdalowsky wrote:

If you are going to knock someone on their command of the english language....at least know the proper usage of your and you're.

ha ha another one - a 'suck up'

Dear god are you guys for real? I thought I'd left this stuff behind in the playground 15 years ago.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm sure you saw a lot of people actually posting quite constructive things when expressing their disappointment ? Rather than the pathetic whining that was also in abundance. The kind of whining that is associated to spoilt brats with an entitlement problem.

I'm sure tenclub noticed the disappointed members and worked for them rather than the negative pathetic moaners who seemed to revel in pointing out the failings of the fan club

but hey if you want to think that slating those trying to help you, berating the club publically and acting like an 8 year old child got the 'result' that's extremely naive.

There is a way to deal with disappointment and that way wasn't exactly that clearly demonstrated by people I thought would have known better the last few days

So who are you to decide the proper way to complain about something? People wasted up to SIX HOURS trying to get tickets. Thankfully I wasn't one of them but I think that is grounds for being irate and complaining about it. Spoiled brats with an entitlement problem? WE PAY TO BE IN THIS CLUB. WE ARE CUSTOMERS. WE ARE ENTITLED. IT'S A DISCUSSION BOARD. People you thought would have known better?? What are you a 60 year old grandmother? Want to wash out our mouthes with soap? This is a message board dude....get off your high horse.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

ha ha another one - a 'suck up'

Dear god are you guys for real? I thought I'd left this stuff behind in the playground 15 years ago.

Well I originally typed out kiss ass but thought that might be a little harsh.

You are accusing people of being childish yet you are the one going into threads admonishing people for complaining. You just make them more pissed off. Leave them alone.