Options

***Cleveland, OH 5/9 Roll Call***

Comments

• Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    I know some people mentioned staying at the Double Tree. What is the Residence Inn like? It looks fairly close to the venue but I can't tell if it's a bad area of town or not. I don't want to get rolled after the show on our way walking back to the hotel.

For those staying at the Double Tree, how close is it to the venue? Are you driving to the show? Or walking?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the lay of things there. If that makes any sense.

I'm staying at Double, and it looked like it would be 1/2-1 mile. Probably head over near the stadium to drink before anyway. I think I read that they will provide a free shuttle to wherever you want in the city. If there's enough of us, maybe we can drink at the hotel and then take the shuttle over before the show?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    C L E V E L A N D

still deciding on a hotel

either Double Tree, Renissance or Marriott

leaning Marriott
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Count about 8 more from Detroit.

cool, your Detroit crew is fun to hang out with

See you there Smarchee!

we will meet again Jim :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    2 more from Toronto!

Cant wait!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I know some people mentioned staying at the Double Tree. What is the Residence Inn like? It looks fairly close to the venue but I can't tell if it's a bad area of town or not. I don't want to get rolled after the show on our way walking back to the hotel.

For those staying at the Double Tree, how close is it to the venue? Are you driving to the show? Or walking?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the lay of things there. If that makes any sense.

that isn't a bad end of town. East side is the bad end and there aren't any hotels there
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    C L E V E L A N D

leaning Marriott
    the Residence Inn is directly across the street from the Q. Your room will probably overlook it. There is just a surface parking lot between the hotel and the venue, which is where many people tailgate anyway. It's also right next to all the bars. It's right next to gateway district which is a bunch of sports bars, and next to East 4th Street which has a ton of good places to eat and drink that Saturday night or before the show.

the Renissance is connected to the Q through the mall, same with the Ritz Carlton. Bands and basketball teams that preform at the Q always stay at the Ritz because of that connection to the building and there isn't any reason to get a car service. The Renissance is a short walk you can take either indoors or ourdoors to the venue.

Those saying at the Mariott would be staying in the Key Tower (Cleveland's biggest building) you will be staying with the Detroit Tigers as that is the hotel baseball and football teams stay at. The Mariott is within walking distance to the Warehouse District which is happening for the 20-30's crowd on Saturday nights.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    thunderDAN wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    C L E V E L A N D

leaning Marriott
    the Residence Inn is directly across the street from the Q. Your room will probably overlook it. There is just a surface parking lot between the hotel and the venue, which is where many people tailgate anyway. It's also right next to all the bars. It's right next to gateway district which is a bunch of sports bars, and next to East 4th Street which has a ton of good places to eat and drink that Saturday night or before the show.

the Renissance is connected to the Q through the mall, same with the Ritz Carlton. Bands and basketball teams that preform at the Q always stay at the Ritz because of that connection to the building and there isn't any reason to get a car service. The Renissance is a short walk you can take either indoors or ourdoors to the venue.

Those saying at the Mariott would be staying in the Key Tower (Cleveland's biggest building) you will be staying with the Detroit Tigers as that is the hotel baseball and football teams stay at. The Mariott is within walking distance to the Warehouse District which is happening for the 20-30's crowd on Saturday nights.

Is the Tower mall still a bit dodgy?
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    C L E V E L A N D

leaning Marriott

thanks for the input man
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    C L E V E L A N D

leaning Marriott

Is the Tower mall still a bit dodgy?

its not that bad. not that great, but not that bad. We go there on Sundays to eat at the food court sometimes and go there to pregame at the Hard Rock before shows at Tower City Amp, but that's about it. I haven't been shopping there since I was a kid.
  • Options
    IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    thunderDAN wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    C L E V E L A N D

leaning Marriott

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    there is also a Hilton Garden Inn that is pretty close. It's right off the highway across the street from Jacobs Field.

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/ho ... cn=CLEGWGI
  • Options
    Looks like the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs will be going-on around the time of the show.

I don't think the fiance' would tolerate 2 baseball games and an NBA game in a 27 hour span!
  • Options
    osborne16osborne16 Posts: 211
    another pair from toronto looking forward to the cleveland show...

we are booked at the doubletree (not the closest but near the water the RRHOF) and if you book 3 nights on expedia.ca, the 3rd night is free...ends up costing you 70 a night (35 a nights if shared)

can't wait to catch a few indians games RRHOF and PJ!

i'm taking the greyhound to buffalo on the monday after the show but would love a ride back to Toronto with anyone heading there after the show on monday night..obviously will pay for my gas!

can't wait
    Toronto 10-05-00 / Toronto 06-28-03 / Montreal 06-29-03 / Toronto 05-09-06 / Toronto 05-10-06 / London 08-18-09 / Cleveland 05-09-10 / Buffalo 05-10-10 / East Troy 09-03/11 / East Troy 09-04-11 / Montreal 09-07-11 / Toronto 09-11-11 / Toronto 10-11-11 / Ottawa 09-14-11 / Hamilton 09-15-11 / Winnipeg 09-17-11 / Saskatoon 09-19-11 / Calgary 09-21-11 / Edmonton 09-23-11 / Vancouver 09-25-11 / London 07-16-13 / Chicago 07-19-13 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Dallas 11-15-13 / Oklahoma City 11-16-13 / Milan 06-20-2014 / Trieste 06-22-14 / Vienna 06-25-14 / Berlin 06-26-14 / Stockholm 06-28-14 / Oslo 06-27-14 / Leeds 07-08-14 / Milton Keynes 07-11-14 / Seattle 08-08-18 / Seattle 08-10-18 / Missoula 08-13-18 / Oakland 05-12-22 / Oakland 05-13-22 / St. Paul 08-31-23 / St. Paul 09-02-23

EV
    Toronto 08-12-08 / Toronto 08-13-08 / New York 06-21-11 / New York 06-22-11
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Looks like the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs will be going-on around the time of the show.

I don't think the fiance' would tolerate 2 baseball games and an NBA game in a 27 hour span!

yeah, it all depends on when the first round of the playoffs ends which would determine if the Cavs are playing at home or not. Last year the 2nd round started late because the Hawks/Heat series went long

Could be a Cavs/Celtics game. That would be fun for the PJ fans in from Boston
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

yeah, it all depends on when the first round of the playoffs ends which would determine if the Cavs are playing at home or not. Last year the 2nd round started late because the Hawks/Heat series went long

Could be a Cavs/Celtics game. That would be fun for the PJ fans in from Boston

That would be a great game....I have a client who is an NBA alumnus, so I may have to hit him up. The NBA collective bargaining agreement gives ex-players the right to purchase tickets for any NBA game, even if it is "sold-out".
  • Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    I went with Priceline and ended up with the Radisson right across the street from the Q. Not the greatest but probably wont be in there much. We are going to park and take the red line right into the tower city stop and just walk to the hotel. $55/night
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 78
    Three coming from central PA!

We got two pairs, so still one extra. If anybody knows of someone still looking, let me know. My number is high so thinking the ticket would be off the floor on side stage.

Also...count us in for the shuttle from doubletree
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 853
    anyone know if the Embassy Suites is in a decent area not too far from the arena. Is it walking distance?
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    to bid on the Double Tree on priceline, did you just select 3 1/2 star hotels in downtown cleveland area and bid on those paramaters and Double Tree accepted? Or can you bid for a specific hotel, I thought when I went to Chicago I bid specifically for the hotel in Chicago

Maybe its changed?

Anyone got some advice
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    bring this baby back to the top, got the confirmation email! see you guys there
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    gndcd402 wrote:
    bring this baby back to the top, got the confirmation email! see you guys there
    First PJ show in the Buckeye State for me. Was sold by Cleveland bootlegs from 2003 and 2006.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    smarchee wrote:
    to bid on the Double Tree on priceline, did you just select 3 1/2 star hotels in downtown cleveland area and bid on those paramaters and Double Tree accepted? Or can you bid for a specific hotel, I thought when I went to Chicago I bid specifically for the hotel in Chicago

Maybe its changed?

Anyone got some advice
    Any "name your own price" bid on Priceline is simply biddingo on the parameters. Whichever hotel you get is not a controllable factor. Chances are, if two people place bids close to each other using identical parameters, you will get the same hotel. But I have seen cases where that hasn't happened. With Priceline you have to be prepared to get any of the hotels within your parameters.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    just so you guys know, the Double Tree isn't that close to the venue. There really isn't anything going on on that side of town on a Saturday night. The Cavs in the playoffs will have Cleveland pretty festive that Saturday night so I would look to see if you can get closer to East 4th Street or Warehouse District if possible. The Double Tree is in more of an area where nothing is going on
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Maybe its changed?

Anyone got some advice
    Any "name your own price" bid on Priceline is simply biddingo on the parameters. Whichever hotel you get is not a controllable factor. Chances are, if two people place bids close to each other using identical parameters, you will get the same hotel. But I have seen cases where that hasn't happened. With Priceline you have to be prepared to get any of the hotels within your parameters.

alright thanks BB, for some reason I thought I could direct a bid as specific hotel, but I must have thought wrong
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    http://www.positivelycleveland.com/stay/

scroll down for the "chat live with us now" link
    they are helpful for any questions you might have
  • Options
    jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    My Wife and I are in... will be her first pj show.
  • Options
    im there...
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Hi.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    mikesbri wrote:
    anyone know if the Embassy Suites is in a decent area not too far from the arena. Is it walking distance?

we are thinking about staying here now. It looks like a pretty far walk to the venue when I look at a map. But I am basically lazy and am thinking that after a few (many) cocktails, it will feel like miles. We're thinking if we stay here, we might just cab it to the preparty stuff and then after the show cab it from whatever bar we end up at.

cab, cab, cab. this thing is getting expensive. maybe we should rent a car.
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    thunderDAN wrote:
    there is also a Hilton Garden Inn that is pretty close. It's right off the highway across the street from Jacobs Field.

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/ho ... cn=CLEGWGI

Pretty decent - I think it came to $113 all told. Not too bad.

Cannot wait!! Pearl Jam in the Land Of Cleves!!