se4nh4rtse4nh4rt Posts: 55
    I'm there!
    Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too

-EV
  • Options
    Rock_Princess_18Rock_Princess_18 Chicago, IL Posts: 304
    I'll be there!!!! I'm bringing my Mommy for her first show! Can't wait! :P
    "All the things that others want for me.. can't buy what I want because it's free!"

9/13/2005 Hamilton, ON; 9/19/2005 Toronto, ON; 5/10/2006 Toronto, ON; 6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA; 8/5/2007 Chicago, IL; 6/24/2008 New York, NY; 6/25/2008 New York, NY; 8/21/2009 Toronto, ON; 8/23/2009 Chicago, IL; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/9/2010 Cleveland, OH; 5/10/2010 Buffalo, NY; 5/20/2010 New York, NY; 5/21/2010 New York, NY; 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/11/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/12/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/15/2011 Hamilton, ON; 9/2/2012 Philadelphia, PA; 10/12/2013 Buffalo, NY; 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/17/2014 Moline, IL; 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI; 4/18/2016 Hampton, VA; 4/21/2016 Columbia, SC; 5/1/2016 New York, NY; 5/2/2016 New York, NY; 8/20/2016 Chicago, IL; 8/22/2016 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Don't know if anyone has asked this, and too lazy to go back through the thread. Is there a shuttle from the airport to the downtown hotels?
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    rushp10rushp10 Posts: 39
    what time do the doors open?
    Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh, PA - 06/23/2006
    Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, OH - 05/09/2010
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    The Fixer wrote:
    Too lazy to read through this thread. Are people planning to meet at a bar near the venue on sunday?

Less than a week, looking forward to a trip to cleveland

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=128251

Info for the preparty is here.
  • Options
    rushp10 wrote:

According to the confirmation from 10C, 6:00.
  • Options
    walterfwalterf Posts: 46
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Don't know if anyone has asked this, and too lazy to go back through the thread. Is there a shuttle from the airport to the downtown hotels?

you can take the red line train into tower city, what hotel you staying at?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Too lazy to read through this thread. Are people planning to meet at a bar near the venue on sunday?

Thanks...this says something about a shuttle from this bar to the concert venue. I'm assuming that the pre-party is not walking distance to the Q?

I'm staying at the Renaissance Hotel, which is right by the arena...can anyone recommend any good bars within walking distance of the arena?

Looking forward to sunday...
  • Options
    I don't think it is walking distance. At least not close walking distance.

We are still trying to find some ideas for places to meet up on Saturday night in the downtown area.
  • Options
    walterf wrote:
    Catwoman1 wrote:

you can take the red line train into tower city, what hotel you staying at?

Thanks! I'm staying at the Renaissance Hotel. Must be a lot of us there! I was trying to get midway between the venue & the Rck & Roll Hall of Fame so we could have an easy walk to both.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    what sucks is that I will be at the Indians game and would have to go all the way to the preparty and back.
  • Options
    I'll be there!!!! I'm bringing my Mommy for her first show! Can't wait! :P

Mommies love Eddie Vedder!!! What a great Mother's Day present for her! You are a good daughter! :D
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Map Room is walking distance to the Q, just not ideal. You can definitely walk it and it will take you about 15 minutes. Everywhere downtown is walking distance.
  • Options
    is it safe down there?

for instance, walking to these places....

and also is it safe to job 10K?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks...this says something about a shuttle from this bar to the concert venue. I'm assuming that the pre-party is not walking distance to the Q?

I'm staying at the Renaissance Hotel, which is right by the arena...can anyone recommend any good bars within walking distance of the arena?

Looking forward to sunday...

Bars I like and will probably be at:
    Wonder Bar
    Greenhouse
    Flannery's
    Clevelander
    Hairy Buffalo
    Cadillac Ranch

Obviously I won't be at all of them, but wherever I can find a TV to watch the Cavs. All are on the same street pretty much. All across the street from the Q
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    is it safe down there?

for instance, walking to these places....

and also is it safe to job 10K?

you should be alright. The only weird area downtown anymore is Public Square at times because it's a bus stop that goes East where you will see some strange characters. But since there are people around you won't have any problems. Cleveland has a bunch of drifters but they won't bother you. It's like any downtown I guess.

To walk to the Q from Map Room you will walk through Public Square, but it's not bad. I walked that many times by myself at 3 in the morning drunk and never had anyone say anything to me. They did a good job cleaning up downtown.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    T-Dan:

What are your thoughts on the Greenhouse Tavern?

The Mustard Seed Cafe'?

Thanks!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    T-Dan:

The Mustard Seed Cafe'?

Thanks!

I've never been to Mustard Seed, but the Greenhouse has great food. The only problem is that their menu is limited to only a few things. But the food was good, and the place is a pretty cool scene. I like the bar there at night because there are a ton of good looking women there who aren't your run of the mill bimbos you find other places
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 873
    I was just checking Q-arena for tickets..there still seems to be a few good tickets available in the first level for the show if anyone is looking. I hope this sells out or maybe we have to rock out even harder to make up for the missing people.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    thunderDAN wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    T-Dan:

The Mustard Seed Cafe'?

Thanks!

I've never been to Mustard Seed, but the Greenhouse has great food. The only problem is that their menu is limited to only a few things. But the food was good, and the place is a pretty cool scene. I like the bar there at night because there are a ton of good looking women there who aren't your run of the mill bimbos you find other places

Thanks for the info.....hopefully we can nod heads or shake hands with eachother sometime over the weekend!
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    thunderDAN wrote:

Bars I like and will probably be at:
    Wonder Bar
    Greenhouse
    Flannery's
    Clevelander
    Hairy Buffalo
    Cadillac Ranch

Obviously I won't be at all of them, but wherever I can find a TV to watch the Cavs. All are on the same street pretty much. All across the street from the Q

thanks for sending this...which of these will most likely have PJ playing before the show?
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 80
    anyone know how easy/hard it is to get a 6 pack in ohio? Buying beer in PA is a pain because you have to go through distributors and very few places carry 6 packs, other than bars. Just wondering if I'll be able to walk into a grocery store and find 6 packs.

thanks much for the info!
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Hey, there! I am going to post this on the need/have ticket thread as well, but I thought this was a good place as well. :)

I have a friend with an extra 10C for Cleveland. Face, of course. I have all of his contact info if you are interested.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    kcherub wrote:
    Hey, there! I am going to post this on the need/have ticket thread as well, but I thought this was a good place as well. :)

I have a friend with an extra 10C for Cleveland. Face, of course. I have all of his contact info if you are interested.

are you going kcherub ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    sweetlew33 wrote:
    anyone know how easy/hard it is to get a 6 pack in ohio? Buying beer in PA is a pain because you have to go through distributors and very few places carry 6 packs, other than bars. Just wondering if I'll be able to walk into a grocery store and find 6 packs.

Jesus. I didn't think about this being a problem. I better be able to get beer for my hotel room!
  • Options
    KrazyhorseKrazyhorse Posts: 27
    Hey All,

Thanks for the suggestions for eats.... and the winner is Panini's... Gonna eat classic American food (lots and greasy) in preparation for a nite of dancing and signing.

J
    Those ignorant Indians got nothing on me
  • Options
    I am going to that Mexican joint on East 4th Street, then Flannery's on Saturday.
  • Options
    sweetlew33 wrote:

They pretty much hand out 6 packs with value meals @ Mc'Ds in the entire state of Ohio.. You should not have any issues..
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 80

They pretty much hand out 6 packs with value meals @ Mc'Ds in the entire state of Ohio.. You should not have any issues..

I'll definitely be getting the value meal then. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    rushp10rushp10 Posts: 39
    rushp10 wrote:

I contacted the arena and here's the response:

"Thank you for your interest in Quicken Loans Arena! Doors for the Pearl Jam concert with open 1 hour before the event (6:30 p.m. in Sunday's case). Thank you and have a great day! "
    Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh, PA - 06/23/2006
    Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, OH - 05/09/2010