TicketMaster pre-sale for MSG shows - A PLEA-

SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
edited March 2010 in The Porch
So, everyone knows by now that a lot of people got shut out for MSG shows today after trying for up to three hours maybe even more. What I wanted to ask Ten Club if they might consider having a pre-sale for Ticketmaster for these two shows so that those TenC members could get another shot at half-way decent seats. That would put a smile on a lot of people's faces.

One example I keep thinking is a dear friend of mine (my fellow GUN INSPECTOR) who wanted to bring her oldest son to his first Pearl Jam concert and she wanted that to be a legendary experience. So, what could have been better than another night at the Garden? But she may not be able to because she got shut out of the sale today. Yes, she will try the public sale but this is a membership due paying member who was here from the beginning. So, she deserves better and she's certainly not the only one.
Obviously, I don't know what kind of effort it would require to have this happen at this point but I thought I'd just start this thread for my fellow fans with whom I enjoyed many shows, pre-parties, after parties, car rides from one show to another...you name it.

I guess what I want to say is: Let's see action!
I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
#standingman #duranadam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I support this message :D .
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • shejammztshejammzt Posts: 72
    You know, I wouldn't have minded if it was a 6 minute sell out......I can handle that...My issue is with the inability of the website to handle the rush that we all knew was coming. There were tickets available for HOURS!!!!!! I have a problem with that....oh...Congratulations to all who were able to score tickets...... I almost miss the snail mail requests 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice.......Stressful, yes...but nowhere near as bad as this.....just sayin.....and +1 for Ticketmonster Pre-Sale
    11/30/93 7/11/98 10/22/00 4/28/03 6/6/03 9/30/05 7/6/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 10/9/09 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/17/10 5/18/10 6/22/10 6/23/10 6/25/10 10/23/10 10/24/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/21/11 9/23/11 9/25/11 6/20/12 6/21/12 9/30/12 7/19/13 10/21/13 10/22/13 10/30/13 11/19/13 11/21/13 11/29/13 11/30/13 12/2/13 12/4/13 12/6/13 6/16/14 6/17/14 6/22/14 6/25/14 6/26/14
    EV Solo: SAN 08 EWR 08 STL 11 LAS 12
    Who Rock Honors 08
    Bridge School 10 14
    FTM 12
    Holier than thou....how?
    Surrendered...Executed any how........
  • Yep... so many great fans spent 10+ hours online today, turning their backs on their work, full of hope, increasingly frantically refreshing their screens. Some got completely shut out of all shows... and so many were shut out of MSG2...
    OK, there's only so many tickets, but isn't there a way to do the presale that doesn't entail spending hours refreshing a screen, or lock out people who have to work, have medical emergencies, etc., etc.?
    And yes, it would be so awesome if there could be some sort of intermediate ticket sale for those of us who were shut out, at least of MSG2, which seemed the worst in terms of folks not getting tix.
    Just an opinion... <3 to all
  • MB60622MB60622 Posts: 4
    Always that chance to get tics for that May 18th show! Im sure their will be two nights in Boston! Once the 17th is sold out or as soon as the 17th show for the Garden is on sale to the public the tickets for the 18th will become available. That's the way it's been in the past when ive purchased through ticketmaster anyway.
    I had a simple plan, stay home and get 10 club tics today! I went to work and tried from there and that was a bad idea! I Failed, this is also the first time i havent let my 10 club membership expire and yes my first bad experiance when i didnt get tics since I started in 1996!
    Thinking about going for Hartford tics tommorow! Besides, I'm a greatwoods(comcast/tweeter/change the name again yet) Fan! Last time i got tics for the Garden they where horrible anyway!
    Like Pilate I Have A Dog! ("First thing that comes to my mind when i look at a picture of a dog")
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    jecica wrote:

This is the BADASS chick who actually came up with this idea :)

#standingman #duranadam
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    So, everyone knows by now that a lot of people got shut out for MSG shows today after trying for up to three hours maybe even more. What I wanted to ask Ten Club if they might consider having a pre-sale for Ticketmaster for these two shows so that those TenC members could get another shot at half-way decent seats. That would put a smile on a lot of people's faces.

One example I keep thinking is a dear friend of mine (my fellow GUN INSPECTOR) who wanted to bring her oldest son to his first Pearl Jam concert and she wanted that to be a legendary experience. So, what could have been better than another night at the Garden? But she may not be able to because she got shut out of the sale today. Yes, she will try the public sale but this is a membership due paying member who was here from the beginning. So, she deserves better and she's certainly not the only one.
    Obviously, I don't know what kind of effort it would require to have this happen at this point but I thought I'd just start this thread for my fellow fans with whom I enjoyed many shows, pre-parties, after parties, car rides from one show to another...you name it.

I guess what I want to say is: Let's see action!

I will see you in NYC no matter what! thanks for the words, Im not even that upset about the tkts but more about the stressful 4 hours that followed the on sale :( ... today was brutal .. my head hurts from the stress... but like I said no matter what I will see you there sistah! :mrgreen:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    jecica wrote:

luv ya both! 8-)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    jecica wrote:

luv ya both! 8-)

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

#standingman #duranadam
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    in a few days 10c will sent all a mail for code to ticketmaster presale.....so more 10c members get in.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'm pretty sure they did this for the last MSG shows, gardenofstone was the code I believe. Hope they do it again for you all!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    Great idea I to support this idea. I tried for over 6 hours today to get MSG tickets. I can't sleep as all I'm seeing are spots! Hopefully tomorrow I get Va!
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I am totally down with this, but I guess I would be since I was unable to get tickets to Boston or either MSG! Thanks "Solat" for bringing this up. :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
    kcherub wrote:
    I am totally down with this, but I guess I would be since I was unable to get tickets to Boston or either MSG! Thanks "Solat" for bringing this up. :)

No my dear, thank YOU :D

And really, everyone, thanks so much for the support. And yes, someone mentioned the password about the MSG pre-sale. That's correct. They have done this before. I hope we see something similar for these shows too.

Tell your friends to come and post here so that we can keep it on the first page for more visibility.

#standingman #duranadam
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Oh god that would be awesome, I'm sitting here drowning my sorrows after seven hours of frustration this afternoon.

Travelling on business away from my trusty cable modem and just really depressed. I don't know why this is hitting me so hard. Maybe because I'll still be in the b@$%f#*! hotel on Saturday!!!!

I really want this trip to NY, really badly. It tastes like... cream soda.
    [sic] happens
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    shejammzt wrote:
    You know, I wouldn't have minded if it was a 6 minute sell out......I can handle that...My issue is with the inability of the website to handle the rush that we all knew was coming. There were tickets available for HOURS!!!!!! I have a problem with that....oh...Congratulations to all who were able to score tickets...... I almost miss the snail mail requests 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice.......Stressful, yes...but nowhere near as bad as this.....just sayin.....and +1 for Ticketmonster Pre-Sale

this is what I was going to post.

Next time I'll just use a loud -hailer, cant do any worse that with the slowest connection in the world trying to connect to the un-fit for purpose server in the world
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Yeah, that would be awesome if it's not complete bullshit..Hard to tell anymore. But
    I don't remember seeing or hearing of any of you people at Berkeley, Oakland, or San Francisco...are you even really from the Bay Area?

If so, I could use tickets too;)
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    This would be a great thing. The MSG shows aren't listed yet on TM. So maybe they thought of it already?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • When does the "real" sale begin for this tour? I support this post--got shut out after being on this site for several hours yesterday. I was so pissed off I could barely see straight. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the Ticketbastard bullshit either, but hey it's Pearl Jam
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    I hope this happens -- it's a great idea.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    A nice idea in theory,
    but too bad TICKETMONSTER will never go for this.
    Theyve already given however many tickets for the initial 10C presales, theyre probably thinking theyve done their part, and theres alot of $ to be made on the general onsales.

Best of luck , Jammers !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Yeah, that would be awesome if it's not complete bullshit..Hard to tell anymore. But
    I don't remember seeing or hearing of any of you people at Berkeley, Oakland, or San Francisco...are you even really from the Bay Area?

If so, I could use tickets too;)

yes, I live in Bay Area. I was at the Vedder's Santa Cruz and Berkeley shows, Oakland '97 shows when they opened for the Stones and San Francisco '06 stint. Where do you live?

#standingman #duranadam
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I support this!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    A nice idea in theory,
    but too bad TICKETMONSTER will never go for this.
    Theyve already given however many tickets for the initial 10C presales, theyre probably thinking theyve done their part, and theres alot of $ to be made on the general onsales.

Best of luck , Jammers !

Does the word "gardenofstone" ring a bell? Yes, they have done this before. But the timing of this particular run might not be the best as it might be too late. Nevertheless, we'd like to think this is not the last time they will play The Garden or any other famous arena for that matter. So, it's a good thing if we can keep this thread on the first page. Someone might notice.

#standingman #duranadam
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    This would be a great idea, but I think its a long shot. Touringfans is already estimating between 3500-4000 tickets sold during the 10club presale. Something tells me ticketmaster won't allow another presale, but that would be a great thing for 10club members who missed out.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • DC61190DC61190 Posts: 24
    Yep... so many great fans spent 10+ hours online today, turning their backs on their work, full of hope, increasingly frantically refreshing their screens. Some got completely shut out of all shows... and so many were shut out of MSG2...
    OK, there's only so many tickets, but isn't there a way to do the presale that doesn't entail spending hours refreshing a screen, or lock out people who have to work, have medical emergencies, etc., etc.?
    And yes, it would be so awesome if there could be some sort of intermediate ticket sale for those of us who were shut out, at least of MSG2, which seemed the worst in terms of folks not getting tix.
    Just an opinion... <3 to all

yep. I'm a 10 year member and yesterday I was just a loser.
    10black
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I will be at MSG2 without tickets. Got in for MSG1 but it took literally 2 and a half hours. My son nearly quit waiting for his. I sat on my computer until there was absolutely no more hope last night just praying that by some miracle the Temporarily Sold Out would turn to Add to Cart! Didn't happen of course.

I had encouraged some of my friends earlier in the year, to sign up for Ten Club to get their fantastic fan club tickets when the time came....well, I heard about it in both ears yesterday, and truthfully, I was a bit embarrassed, that my friends had to go through this fiasco when I had encouraged them to take this route and to support the fan club. What can I say? I couldn't defend it in any way.

I agree with Solat's message. We pay our dues and come here for lots of other stuff too, but there needs to be a better system for members to have a decent shot at good tickets through the club. As someone previously said, a SOLD OUT sign in 10 minutes or so would have made much more sense than having ppl flooding the server for 2 and 3 hours when there was no hope of anything being left to purchase anyway.

I would definitely go for a Ticketmaster Special Pre-Sale for 10C members. You could do it with a login or membership number and some other sort of identifier...it shouldn't be too awfully hard to set up.
    I now have the pleasure, along with many of my friends, of suffering through a repeat of yesterday's trip in order to try for DC and the rest. Not looking forward to it, really, it has got to get better than this.

I know you guys tried to remedy a lot of stuff with the staggering sales of shows, etc., but at some point you gotta face it when it's just not working that there's got to be a better way.
    I hope you can see clear to working on this for the fans.

Me? I will hope for a spare MSG2 or try slavemaster if I have to. I don't want to be left out of night 2 and I'm sure that all the good PJ folks will help each other out as usual, It's just a shame that it has to be so difficult and time consuming to try to get tickets via 10C.

That all said, I AM HAPPY to have my MSG1 tix nonetheless
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    its not so much TM,
    but the Garden ownership youre battling here.
    They are very protective and shrewd businessmen over at MSG / Radio City / Cablevision

The Dolans are businessmen first, fans second .

Not to be the complete killjoy-
    hopefuly they can muster together something similiar to the Gardenofstone deal they had the last time !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    when i called the ten club yesterday and suggest this, the woman responded saying that "they are trying to do a ticketmaster pre-sale but ticketmaster is being stubborn and will not let them...but they are trying."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • I completely agree with everything everyone has said. I don't care that I didn't get tickets (actually I do a lot because I don't want to deal with ticketmaster) but I didn't want to sit by my computer for a total of 6 hours yesterday trying to get the tickets. That small glimmer of hope never came and they really need to do something about this waiting, watching the clock....

Hope I get both MSG shows on ticketmaster because the last 2 shows in the garden were unreal.
    when i called the ten club yesterday and suggest this, the woman responded saying that "they are trying to do a ticketmaster pre-sale but ticketmaster is being stubborn and will not let them...but they are trying."

Gotta tell ya, this gives me at least a glimmer of hope that they still care....
    Thanks for letting us know.

#standingman #duranadam