Scored for KC

Comments

• Kansas City is NOT Madison Square Garden, NYC. I figured this was going to be one of the "slower" sales, and that's why else I was glad it worked out for me to go to it! I figure even if I don't win the lottery, my seats will be pretty great compared with trying to compete with the massive Ten Club members in MSG (2 nights) or Boston, etc.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Where is everyone staying? I want to be walking distance to the show, so what are some good hotels for the price?

I have a killer deal on the Westin Crown Center to share with you all - as soon as I get it finalized I'll post the details. Rooms will be $79/night (which is AWESOME considering they're normally $219). :shock: The hotel is about a mile away.

I have to fill out the form and then they will give us a website that we can reseve the rooms through.

Stay tuned - I'm so excited that I scored tix to BOTH KC and STL!!!!! :D
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Where is everyone staying? I want to be walking distance to the show, so what are some good hotels for the price?

I have a killer deal on the Westin Crown Center to share with you all - as soon as I get it finalized I'll post the details. Rooms will be $79/night (which is AWESOME considering they're normally $219). :shock: The hotel is about a mile away.

I have to fill out the form and then they will give us a website that we can reseve the rooms through.

The Crown Center is nice, but most won't want to make that walk to the Sprint Center. There are hotels that are closer, but $79 is a great rate, for sure.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Their website says they have a shuttle service - wonder if they would shuttle you a mile and then back?
    Poetry and powertools
    Their website says they have a shuttle service - wonder if they would shuttle you a mile and then back?

I'm sure they would... just tip the driver.
  • i got tix for both kc and stl...thanks 10 club!

anyone want to plan some sort of meet up before or after the shows?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    this is killing me!!! we wish we could go!! damn, damn, damn you final exams!!!

sorry.
    enjoy the shows everyone! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Where is everyone staying? I want to be walking distance to the show, so what are some good hotels for the price?

Thanks for the heads up. Would be nice to find a hotel for all us 10c fans to take over! You should ask if they offer a shuttle service and how late it runs. If not, a shared cab ride is super cheap too.

Thanks for the heads up. Would be nice to find a hotel for all us 10c fans to take over! You should ask if they offer a shuttle service and how late it runs. If not, a shared cab ride is super cheap too.

you going to KC Ryan?
  • CH82258CH82258 Posts: 21
    I plan on having some cold ones at "Flying Saucer" at Power & Light. They have tons of choices of beers. Hope to see some of you there! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SHOW!!!!!
  • Thanks for the heads up. Would be nice to find a hotel for all us 10c fans to take over! You should ask if they offer a shuttle service and how late it runs. If not, a shared cab ride is super cheap too.[/quote]

you going to KC Ryan?[/quote]

Absolutely! You?
  • Thanks for the heads up. Would be nice to find a hotel for all us 10c fans to take over! You should ask if they offer a shuttle service and how late it runs. If not, a shared cab ride is super cheap too.

you going to KC Ryan?[/quote]

Absolutely! You?[/quote]

no! Was thinking about NYC, is KC your only show?
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    CH82258 wrote:
    I plan on having some cold ones at "Flying Saucer" at Power & Light. They have tons of choices of beers. Hope to see some of you there! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SHOW!!!!!

i did the same for Columbia 08. good times, and the place was full of Fans
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Thanks for the heads up. Would be nice to find a hotel for all us 10c fans to take over! You should ask if they offer a shuttle service and how late it runs. If not, a shared cab ride is super cheap too.

you going to KC Ryan?

Absolutely! You?[/quote]

no! Was thinking about NYC, is KC your only show?[/quote]

Shooting for MSG x2 tomorrow as well! You should come to KC!
  • you going to KC Ryan?
    Absolutely! You?

Any tickets left?

MSG is going to be a difficult ticket get I think.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Where is everyone staying? I want to be walking distance to the show, so what are some good hotels for the price?

Thats a killer hotel- very nice. Keep us posted and thanks!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mindi wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    we got em- thanks soooo much 10C! Kansas City here we come!!
    Sweet Pandora!!! Me and Emaline will be there too! :mrgreen:
    Hey Mindi, I look forward to seeing you and your daughter again. Umm, did I read you were doing the STL preparty? We aren't doing STL but are you or anyone planning something for KC? Keep me posted :D and let me know if you need anything- getting excited!
  • you going to KC Ryan?
    Absolutely! You?

Any tickets left?

I think so from what I have heard. I'm liking my seating prospects at this point too!
  • you going to KC Ryan?
    Absolutely! You?

Any tickets left?

I think so from what I have heard. I'm liking my seating prospects at this point too!

hmmm....very tempting since I have a really good 10 C number....
  • you going to KC Ryan?
    Absolutely! You?

Any tickets left?

hmmm....very tempting since I have a really good 10 C number....

Whatcha got?
  • Whatcha got?
    63XXX, how about you?
  • Whatcha got?
    63XXX, how about you?

Damn! 115xxx. You should go an take me since I'll be by my lonesome anyway!!! Go on girl...pull the trigger. I need a show buddy.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299

Drivin out from southern CT for a great May roadtrip.

Who got the BEST Bar BQ in KCITY?

any locals on here?
    rssesq wrote:

any locals on here?

I lived in KC for 2 years and still have a bunch of family/friends there, so I'm back there pretty often.

I'm a big fan of Jack Stack Fiorella BBQ... there's one right near down town by Union Station. I highly recommend their burnt ends... It's a little "classier" restaurant than either of the other two I'll mention below. You really can't go wrong here... (I'm sure others will have their very strong opinions as well )

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/jack-stack-barbecue/i/2/

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/jack-stack- ... ouse/i/12/

The original Arthur Bryant's is a short ride away, and is also very good... but it's not in a great neighborhood...

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

There's also a "Gates" just south of downtown on Main St. I love their sauce, but it's not as high quality food as Jack Stack.

http://www.gatesbbq.com/
    edited March 2010
    Deleted double post
  • rssesq wrote:

any locals on here?

+1 on that question. I heard Arthur Bryant was the shit and it looks like it's only a mile from the Power and Light District/Sprint Center.
    Much obliged Mitch!

Gonna give that jack stack a shot and i have to go to try ABryant's after seeing them on all the food shows about bar bq.

I used to be "bad" and grew up in a bad neighborhood so that shan't stop me. :lol:
    rssesq wrote:

any locals on here?

+1 on that question. I heard Arthur Bryant was the shit and it looks like it's only a mile from the Power and Light District/Sprint Center.

See ya there. I'll be the italian with the new york accent eating a burnt ends sandwich and a full rack o' ribs
    A lot of folks also like Oklahoma Joe's... though there's not one that's real close to downtown.

http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/
  • Whatcha got?
    63XXX, how about you?

Damn! 115xxx. You should go an take me since I'll be by my lonesome anyway!!! Go on girl...pull the trigger. I need a show buddy.

Ryan, you should have told me beforehand, I am going by myself to NYC, you could have convinced me to go to KC and give you my extra ticket!