Huge ugly fight...

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Lasting relationships have compromise so tell hubby this. If he wants a lasting relationship he has to compromise just as you are willing to do. Tell him you would rather he would accompany you to the shows as part of the compromise. Men can get a little jealous of PJ and related things.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    If I were in a relationship, and my significant other said " you can't go to a PJ show" I would just laugh at them.
    serious, I would just laugh because I wouldn't even know what else to say.

then I would get my tickets and have a great time at the shows.

go and hang out with Crazy Breed, we have a mutual friend and I hear he is an alright cat to hang with.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    Yeah that's pathetic fuck the hunting leave him to fend for himself catch some shows ....what a gubber :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Wow, I can't believe I just read that. Does he make you wear a burqa too?
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    glb wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    ahhhhhhhhhh, your problems in your marrage must extend beyond this. i can't immagine not trying to make my wife happy, or atleast trying to, why can't you do both, 9 days, turkeys are stupid and easy to hunt that can't take more than 3 or 4 days at the max. then it's PJ time. i've been married 10 years this month, time apart is absoultly healthy in my opinion. Good Luck.

Actually turkeys are pretty damn smart and very hard to hunt. They are actually quite fast too. Not that anyone cares. :lol:

But as far as you having to go with him to hunting camp to cook dinner and what not, well that is fucking retarded. What kind of 9 day vacation is that for you? I'm with everyone else, go to a concert.

I went hunting when i was a kid with my uncle, took us two hours. i wasn't impressed, but maybe he got lucky. :D
  • OMG, I would love to see my wife's reaction if I TOLD her she was going to spend her precious vaca time serving me while I go enjoy my hobby. seriously, it would be comedic gold, whatever she said. i'm sure there would be several F words. what is this, 1950? Or 1800? first of all, there's no need to hunt turkeys - they have plenty of dead ones at the grocery store already skinned and everything. why waste valuable time chasing them around the woods? stupid. do you people not have jobs? who has time for such stupidity? and tell the fucker this:

"I know I was born, and I know that I'll die....the in between is mine."

What a fuckface loser your husband must be. I can only imagine.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Wow, talk about a judgemental group of people.
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    no kidding cliff

not one person here knows (except the OP) what happens in this relationship 51 other weeks a year. After all, it is only turkey hunting and it is only a band, as much as we like them, it is only a band, I am sure some middle ground can be found, just stay calm and talk it out.

And for those judging it, TURKEY HUNTING IS NOT EASY AND IS A FUCKING BLAST!!!

I get it, hunting isn't for everyone, but come one, lets not go overboard here and possibly cause bigger problem for these two than there was going to be.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    KO282453 wrote:
    I went hunting when i was a kid with my uncle, took us two hours. i wasn't impressed, but maybe he got lucky. :D

haha, either you were one hell of a good luck charm or ya'll were hunting on some one's turkey farm :lol: . I'm not a big turkey hunting fan myself. I get very bored sitting in one spot dressed in an outfit that makes you resemble a small tree. My old man, who is retired from the US Fish and Wildlife Service and has been hunting all his life, says hunting the wild turkey is the most challening hunting he's ever done. You can actually end up walking several miles in the woods, and often in the foothills of the mountains. They are very fickle creatures. Paranoid as hell. Their eyesight is amazing. They can run 25mph and fly 55mph! Anyways, ya'll quit dissin' the wild Turkey! It's a pretty badass bird! ;)
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • SKELLER wrote:
    You know... when I was going to a marriage counselor... that's the same advice they gave us. "You know... marriage is a 50/50 thing... and... well... when the other doesn't respect that.... Well... just tell that person to Fuck Off! Because you may be saying "FUCK OFF" but what you really mean is "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" :lol:

oh shit!! "Crazy Breed, Marriage Counselor"....who would of thunk?!?! not my wife! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Simple solution: you go to the concerts while your husband hunts. Most dudes I know don't want their wives / girlfriends with them anyway when the go of hunting.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    oh shit!! "Crazy Breed, Marriage Counselor"....who would of thunk?!?! not my wife! :lol::lol::lol:

You have a wife :shock: ;)
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I gave my husband an equal amount of $$ that I am spending to go to Europe this summer to shut him up. It worked.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    I AM MINE
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    Pearl Jam only lasts 3 hours or so. The memory of the delicious juicy turkeys stay with you for the rest of your life.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Regarding your husband - what a turkey. I'm sure you do enough cleaning and cooking when you are at home. Let him do his own on vacation. I go on vacation to see Pearl Jam all the time without my husband. It is much more fun that way. I went to eight last year and also the year before. Will do at least six this year. There is no wedding vow that says you have to always do stuff together. Assert yourself!
    Post edited by RockMama on
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Can you tell him how important this is? And if he still doesn't want to go, can you just do your own thing for these shows?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    no kidding cliff

not one person here knows (except the OP) what happens in this relationship 51 other weeks a year. After all, it is only turkey hunting and it is only a band, as much as we like them, it is only a band, I am sure some middle ground can be found, just stay calm and talk it out.

And for those judging it, TURKEY HUNTING IS NOT EASY AND IS A FUCKING BLAST!!!

I get it, hunting isn't for everyone, but come one, lets not go overboard here and possibly cause bigger problem for these two than there was going to be.

Well said.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    You could also tell him you can get turkeys ready to eat from your local supermaket.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    glb wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

haha, either you were one hell of a good luck charm or ya'll were hunting on some one's turkey farm :lol: . I'm not a big turkey hunting fan myself. I get very bored sitting in one spot dressed in an outfit that makes you resemble a small tree. My old man, who is retired from the US Fish and Wildlife Service and has been hunting all his life, says hunting the wild turkey is the most challening hunting he's ever done. You can actually end up walking several miles in the woods, and often in the foothills of the mountains. They are very fickle creatures. Paranoid as hell. Their eyesight is amazing. They can run 25mph and fly 55mph! Anyways, ya'll quit dissin' the wild Turkey! It's a pretty badass bird! ;)

What does "ya'll" mean? Sorry I'm from CA and have never heard that word................ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    He doesn't own you. He's hunting turkeys - let him cook 'em himself. Where he does he get off saying you are 'not allowed' to go? You're not his kid. Good luck and I hope you can manage this so you can go.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    i cant believe this is 4 pages long...

thank you my friends!

later i will put "the top 10 ways to get the ok to attend as many pj concerts as you like"

a mere 12 hours later.... i've got the green light for TWO shows! i shouldve been an attorney 8-)

(i would love to do all 5 but we're trying to save $$$ for a greater cause & attending 5 shows in 4 different cities would totally void our savings thus far...so unfortunately even i cant agree to that right now)

PS - if it makes anyone here feel better, hes a horrible hunter & usually just takes the gun for a walk before he falls asleep in the woods :lol: sometimes i wonder why he still goes. in almost 20 years of hunting, he's never got a turkey & only got a deer once.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cardinal wrote:
    I AM MINE

Nice! says it all
  • SprockeTee wrote:
    i cant believe this is 4 pages long...

thank you my friends!

later i will put "the top 10 ways to get the ok to attend as many pj concerts as you like"

a mere 12 hours later.... i've got the green light for TWO shows! i shouldve been an attorney 8-)

(i would love to do all 5 but we're trying to save $$$ for a greater cause & attending 5 shows in 4 different cities would totally void our savings thus far...so unfortunately even i cant agree to that right now)

PS - if it makes anyone here feel better, hes a horrible hunter & usually just takes the gun for a walk before he falls asleep in the woods :lol: sometimes i wonder why he still goes. in almost 20 years of hunting, he's never got a turkey & only got a deer once.

screw that, if he's that shitty of a hunter, tell him to sell his guns and equipment so you can afford to go do something you're good at - rocking your tits off to pearl jam's live music. go to all 5 shows :)
  • Okay... 2 things.

Is this dude from Wisconsin? Because it sounds just like every guy from here!!!

And, secondly... another fine example that there ain't nothing wrong with the single life.
    :D
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Okay... 2 things.

Is this dude from Wisconsin? Because it sounds just like every guy from here!!!

:D

Maybe up by you in Stevens Point but not down here in Milwaukee. :D
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    During a Guitar Center sale one year I bought two BEAUTIFUL guitars, an awesome Taylor 12-string acoustic and sweet Les Paul ... brought 'em home and showed 'em to the wife, "Look at these awesome guitars I just got an incredible deal on!"

"No way, no way ... take one back...."

I'm the very proud owner of a sweet Les Paul now! Just saying, book twice as many shows as you really wanna see!
    [sic] happens
  • redrock wrote:

You have a wife :shock: ;)

It's true! I met her. She's cooler than him :D
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    After all these years if he never has gotten a turkey and only one deer....are you sure that's what he is doing in the woods? Better check his text messages.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    *looks forward to meeting Erik's wife at the pre-parties in Boston*
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam