Huge ugly fight...

SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
edited March 2010 in The Porch
i'm on vacation for 9 days in may & there are 5 concerts scheduled in that time period. I'm only asking my husband to attend 1 of the possible 5 and all he wants to do is TURKEY HUNT! FUNCKIN' TURKEYS! WTF! and i'm not being allowed to attend either so i can be his f'ing maid at the camp all week - cooking, cleaning, WTF!! :evil: no phone, no tv, no computer and now... NO PJ!? somebody just kill me now.

i see me flying solo - to some show somewhere.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dump his ass. The turkeys will thank you.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Sorry to hear about your fight. Just go without him..I'm going without my wife to 4 shows even though she's only given me permission to go to one :lol::D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    That's what you get when you marry a jeb!!!!!! But hey, I hear rascal flats are touring :D
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    dump his ass. The turkeys will thank you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    That's the first thing that came to my mind!
    Sorry to say, but your husband reminds me of Dick Cheney. .......Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for you... :?
    In my book that's a bad thing..... Maybe you can watch them when they're on there retirement tour....
    Good luck to you...
  • fuck that, you are your own person, follow your heart, go to all 5 shows if you can.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Got a gun, fact I got two
    That's ok man, cuz I love god
    Glorified version of a pellet gun
    Feels so manly, when armed

Don't think, dumb is strength
    Never shot at a living thing
    Feels so manly, when armed

Glorified version of a...

Always keep it loaded
    Always keep it loaded
    Always keep it loaded

Kindred to be an American...

Life comes...I can feel your heart...
    Life comes...I can feel your heart through your neck...
  • forcing you to be his maid while he hunts?? WTF kind of person did you marry?? :?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ya know, regardless of what he wants to do, why do you both need to do what he wants to do? i believe that in order to have a healthy relationship, some time apartis good...i mean, if you wanted to go shoot defensless birds more than seeing the greatest rock band ever, i understand...

but...

;)
  • Pearl Jam only lasts 3 hours or so. The memory of the delicious juicy turkeys stay with you for the rest of your life.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Pearl Jam only lasts 3 hours or so. The memory of the delicious juicy turkeys stay with you for the rest of your life.

dude i almost spit my drink on my keyboard.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    That sux.....i hope you get at least one show in this tour.....For me NO ONE not even my hubby would stop me from seeing PJ :D

BTW they were awsome here last NOV,the best show ive seen so far!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Why on earth do you need to be back at camp cooking and cleaning while he's out blowing the heads off turkeys?! :?

I say you buy tour tickets, get your transport sorted, TELL him you have tickets to certain shows and that he WON'T miss you while you're gone for all of a few days, kiss him on the cheek and walk off.

You're your own person, don't let him treat you otherwise. Compromise is an important thing in relationships.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Why on earth do you need to be back at camp cooking and cleaning while he's out blowing the heads off turkeys?! :?

I say you buy tour tickets, get your transport sorted, TELL him you have tickets to certain shows and that he WON'T miss you while you're gone for all of a few days, kiss him on the cheek and walk off.

You're your own person, don't let him treat you otherwise. Compromise is an important thing in relationships.

I would like to officially thank one of my main BRIT CHICAS for saving me from typing that entire same thing. Well done my darling :D

And to the OP, If your significant other doesn't understand the things you're passionate about, that's a long, hard and rocky life long road you committed yourself into. I wish you good luck my dear.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • leave him and i will go with ya
    but im in the land of oz :cry:
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Why on earth do you need to be back at camp cooking and cleaning while he's out blowing the heads off turkeys?! :?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:......i agree,just go for it!!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Sounds like a dick
    go to a show and tell him if he has a problem with it he wont be gettig a certain something anymore
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    SprockeTee wrote:
    .... and i'm not being allowed to attend either so i can be his f'ing maid....

not being allowed?!?! My teenage daughter is 'not allowed to do what she wants. You're not a teenage daughter, are you?
    SprockeTee wrote:
    You do that.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Note to self: Never marry someone who doesn't like Pearl Jam :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ahhhhhhhhhh, your problems in your marrage must extend beyond this. i can't immagine not trying to make my wife happy, or atleast trying to, why can't you do both, 9 days, turkeys are stupid and easy to hunt that can't take more than 3 or 4 days at the max. then it's PJ time. i've been married 10 years this month, time apart is absoultly healthy in my opinion. Good Luck.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    Note to self: Never marry someone who doesn't like Pearl Jam :lol:

Or who thinks shooting turkeys is his highlight of the year! :mrgreen:
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,805
    Turkey hunting, WTF. Tell him to buy a carton of eggs and shoot the while they are still in the carton. If thats too easy, put them on an uneven surface and shoot them while they are rolling about. Would be as exciting as shooting a fat bird that couldnt run out of your way. But either way, you will probably have to clean the mess afterwards.
    Kearnsy
  • SprockeTee wrote:
    i'm on vacation for 9 days in may & there are 5 concerts scheduled in that time period. I'm only asking my husband to attend 1 of the possible 5 and all he wants to do is TURKEY HUNT! FUNCKIN' TURKEYS! WTF! and i'm not being allowed to attend either so i can be his f'ing maid at the camp all week - cooking, cleaning, WTF!! :evil: no phone, no tv, no computer and now... NO PJ!? somebody just kill me now.

I skipped a trip to Hawaii in 2008 so I could see STP at the Hollywood Bowl, and I'm skipping a trip this summer too just in case Soundgarden come around. I'd cancel for Pearl Jam too, concerts come first!
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    edited March 2010
    Drop that turkey! You can go to all 5 shows with me.

LuckovichTurkeyHomeSales2007-11-16-thumb-510x395.gif
    Post edited by SKELLER on
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Tell him that you'll accompany him for a couple days of turkey hunting, and then you're going to a show (or 2). Don't ask him, tell him.
  • SprockeTee wrote:

you tell that fucker that being married is a 50/50, give and take relationship....either he meets you in the middle or FUCK OFF!!!!.....& don't sweat going solo...there are PLENTY of us cool ass fans to hang out with and have a good time with if your "soul mate" just wants to hunt the whole time.
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    KO282453 wrote:
    ahhhhhhhhhh, your problems in your marrage must extend beyond this. i can't immagine not trying to make my wife happy, or atleast trying to, why can't you do both, 9 days, turkeys are stupid and easy to hunt that can't take more than 3 or 4 days at the max. then it's PJ time. i've been married 10 years this month, time apart is absoultly healthy in my opinion. Good Luck.

Actually turkeys are pretty damn smart and very hard to hunt. They are actually quite fast too. Not that anyone cares. :lol:

But as far as you having to go with him to hunting camp to cook dinner and what not, well that is fucking retarded. What kind of 9 day vacation is that for you? I'm with everyone else, go to a concert.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Git in yer damn kitchun woman and kook uz sum tUrKEy !!

I bet this guy is a big deer hunter also...deer and turkey hunting are very tricky because the animals hunted have a slightly higher IQ then the hunters sometimes :)
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    SprockeTee wrote:

you tell that fucker that being married is a 50/50, give and take relationship....either he meets you in the middle or FUCK OFF!!!!.....& don't sweat going solo...there are PLENTY of us cool ass fans to hang out with and have a good time with if your "soul mate" just wants to hunt the whole time.

You know... when I was going to a marriage counselor... that's the same advice they gave us. "You know... marriage is a 50/50 thing... and... well... when the other doesn't respect that.... Well... just tell that person to Fuck Off! Because you may be saying "FUCK OFF" but what you really mean is "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" :lol:
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    pull a dick cheney
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

glb wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    Actually turkeys are pretty damn smart and very hard to hunt. They are actually quite fast too. Not that anyone cares. :lol:

We once had a turkey as a pet.. but it "nipped" my sister.... so we eat it. Curel? Maybe... but you know what... it never did it again.