Time change. Again.

Comments

• rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2017

Extra hour of sleep last night! Feeling refreshed!

i set the clocks back, just to be an ass.com
    Post edited by rollings on
  • we will stastically have hundreds of thousands of children emergency workers... people that have an internal rhythm ruled by the tick tock clock instead of their own sense of time...balling for their snacks..naps and emergency straps when it is not that time yet...power and control issues of delaying gratification of basic needs in classrooms...daycares...medication times all snafu!!! and most of these people cannot count without the help of a meter...that is now no longer ruled by their own physical reality only the delayed pendulum...accidents go to the max into the next moon cycle...here we go...try gentle off setting of delays for seven to eleven minutes per day for feeding times naps etc..then we may get back to the usual mayhem by next weekend or so...oy!! I wish we could just settle on the half hour changefor the whole year for evermore and leave it at that!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    Ass.com lol
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

we will stastically have hundreds of thousands of children emergency workers... people that have an internal rhythm ruled by the tick tock clock instead of their own sense of time...balling for their snacks..naps and emergency straps when it is not that time yet...power and control issues of delaying gratification of basic needs in classrooms...daycares...medication times all snafu!!! and most of these people cannot count without the help of a meter...that is now no longer ruled by their own physical reality only the delayed pendulum...accidents go to the max into the next moon cycle...here we go...try gentle off setting of delays for seven to eleven minutes per day for feeding times naps etc..then we may get back to the usual mayhem by next weekend or so...oy!! I wish we could just settle on the half hour changefor the whole year for evermore and leave it at that!

It messes with the animals too! The horses are like "WTH?? You're an hour late with our food!" And the cat and dog can't understand why their internal cycle says it's time to eat, but the food isn't there..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

we will stastically have hundreds of thousands of children emergency workers... people that have an internal rhythm ruled by the tick tock clock instead of their own sense of time...balling for their snacks..naps and emergency straps when it is not that time yet...power and control issues of delaying gratification of basic needs in classrooms...daycares...medication times all snafu!!! and most of these people cannot count without the help of a meter...that is now no longer ruled by their own physical reality only the delayed pendulum...accidents go to the max into the next moon cycle...here we go...try gentle off setting of delays for seven to eleven minutes per day for feeding times naps etc..then we may get back to the usual mayhem by next weekend or so...oy!! I wish we could just settle on the half hour changefor the whole year for evermore and leave it at that!

It messes with the animals too! The horses are like "WTH?? You're an hour late with our food!" And the cat and dog can't understand why their internal cycle says it's time to eat, but the food isn't there..
    It seems to me that people are far too regimental with their schedules. Children need food and sleep when they are hungry and tired, not when the clock says so. Animals are in the same situation, get up at sunrise and go about your chores and they won't know a difference.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2017
    rgambs said:

It seems to me that people are far too regimental with their schedules. Children need food and sleep when they are hungry and tired, not when the clock says so. Animals are in the same situation, get up at sunrise and go about your chores and they won't know a difference.
    Actually for animals that is wrong. They are very regimented, even in the wild. They maintain schedules, even without a clock. They get up and sleep on
    A very close schedule. However, the soft rule on domestic horses is that you vary feed schedules to avoid barn sourness. But the time change still messes with them. They don't understand what a clock is, or why we keep changing the feed schedule. The also have no concept of repetitive time tables ( that we do this every six months), so it's not like they are able to mentally prepare for it, like we can. But, with kids, you are dead on.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Actually for animals that is wrong. They are very regimented, even in the wild. They maintain schedules, even without a clock. They get up and sleep on
    A very close schedule. However, the soft rule on domestic horses is that you vary feed schedules to avoid barn sourness. But the time change still messes with them. They don't understand what a clock is, or why we keep changing the feed schedule. The also have no concept of repetitive time tables ( that we do this every six months), so it's not like they are able to mentally prepare for it, like we can. But, with kids, you are dead on.
    My point is that we shouldn't change the feed schedules for them, we should change them for us!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

My point is that we shouldn't change the feed schedules for them, we should change them for us!
    Ok. My Apologies I misread that. :smiley:
  • absolutley we should but most dont...hence all the confusion with rhytms etc.
  • and we are actually an hour early with timed schedules...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    bump for tonight :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    tonight?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    yeah extra hour of daylight tonight :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    tonight? :giggle:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

But there is no actual extra daylight
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Poncier said:

But there is no actual extra daylight
    Thank you, it drives me nuts when people say the get extra daylight. Nope, no you dont.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    You two must be great at parties.

I do get an extra hour of daylight in the evening if I prefer daylight in the evening versus the morning.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    And you lose it in the morning, net added daylight: zero.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    But that is not what people mean when they say they gain an hour of daylight.  I can golf until 9pm during the week in the summer because of daylight savings time instead of only golfing until 8pm.   That is what people mean when they say extra hour of daylight.  Yeah, I can’t golf at 5:30am instead of 6:30am,but most people prefer daylight in the evenings because they work in the mornings.
    Poncier said:
    But that is not what people mean when they say they gain an hour of daylight.  I can golf until 9pm during the week in the summer because of daylight savings time instead of only golfing until 8pm.   That is what people mean when they say extra hour of daylight.  Yeah, I can’t golf at 5:30am instead of 6:30am,but most people prefer daylight in the evenings because they work in the mornings.
    yeah i meant this.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Technically we’ve been getting extra daylight daily since Dec 21.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Poncier said:
    If they don't mean that then don't say that. If people want to say they get an extra hour of light in the evenings then fine. But fucking with our clocks does not change the amount of daylight in a 24 hour period.

Technically we’ve been getting extra daylight daily since Dec 21.
    You sir are correct.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Extra hour of sleep last night. Feeling refreshed!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    How did you do that?  I'm impressed!  I got one hour less sleep.

When I got up this morning my wife (who is always up before I am) said, "Somebody stole an hour from my iPhone last night."  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Changing the clocks is just non-sense anymore.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    How did you do that?  I'm impressed!  I got one hour less sleep.

When I got up this morning my wife (who is always up before I am) said, "Somebody stole an hour from my iPhone last night."  :lol:
    :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I don’t set an alarm on Sundays so I got the same amount of sleep. It was just a different time when I woke up.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Truth!

It's so dumb now.  Please make it stop!!!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Me too Dyer! The funny thing with daylight saving time is that kids with i pads or kindles that update the time overnight don't seem to notice that there has been a time change. I told my daughter that it was 11 am this morning but felt like 10 am and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "It's 11! Look at my kindle!" :i_dunno:
    Truth!

It's so dumb now.  Please make it stop!!!
    Don’t you want it to stay light out later in the Summer?