Options

UPDATED: Collection for Pearl Jam Fan Bashed In Sydney

Comments

• Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    redrock wrote:
    PS He loved my Pearl Jam with Cats efforts :)

Who doesn't!!!! :mrgreen:

Flying his parents/mother to Australia is a touching idea but again, quite personal and could be seen as intrusive.

Again... all depends on the people at the receiving end. We should try to find a 'real' friend who may have a bit more insight.

Yeah, it's difficult isn't it, why we kinda thought a piece of PJ history may be better. It might be an excessive item, for one person to buy, but an awesome present, even for a non-collector and something where the thought behind the gift means so much more than the product.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited March 2010

Yeah, it's difficult isn't it, why we kinda thought a piece of PJ history may be better. It might be an excessive item, for one person to buy, but an awesome present, even for a non-collector and something where the thought behind the gift means so much more than the product.

It's just dealing with sensitivities which is very difficult if you don't know someone very well and sometimes, even if you do! There are very little people I would accept money from and surely not from 'strangers', as kind the action may be. I would find it meddling in my affairs. But then that's just me. Offering a plane ticket can be seen that way. How can the parents say no if a ticket is given to them? That is such a generous gift but.... are there other considerations that we don't know, eg. would they be able to drop everything and go (as a motherI woud say yes, but in reality, if it were my child, I would not be able to so easily as my husband cannot be left on his own for any length of time and doesn't travel distances very well)? If they can fly, what about additional costs whilst in Australia, etc. Too many 'unknowns'.

PJ history - he may or may not be a collector but, as said before, if it is cash he needs, he can sell and if not there is the appreciation of the thought behind the gift. So all in all, a good solution maybe?

When I was going through quite traumatic times a couple of years ago, the lovely thoughts from people of this board were really comforting. Though I did not make it public, it got known through word of mouth. I received lil' care packages from some and a couple even sent my daughter little goodies. As you say, there is a lot more behind the gift than the product.

Though a get well card signed by the band........ a dream!
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

This is what I'd love to see and I'm asking anyone with any influence or access to the band to try to make this a reality. It's a bit hard to make this happen from my little town of 4000 people on the south west of australia. I've emailed 10C, I've begged here. If it can be done, I hope someone who can make it happen, makes it happen.
  • Options
    Ok, we don't need to worry about the airline ticket: "An Australian travel company has offered Proden's mother, Shellan Proden, a free ticket from her home in Winnipeg to visit her son. "

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc- ... d=23619968

The collectors item might be the thing. See what you can all scrape together, let's buy it for him.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    I'm down for whatever you need Paul

Although I'm with dunk on this...we should hire a hitman

;)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    norm wrote:

;)

yeah i didnt really mean it as a joke either. :shock:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    dunkman wrote:
    norm wrote:

;)

yeah i didnt really mean it as a joke either. :shock:

The message: don't fuck with Pearl jam fans
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'll put something in for the collection, although have overspent rather a lot lately, just let me know how to do it etc. I'll keep nipping in to have a look.
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    redrock wrote:

This is what I'd love to see and I'm asking anyone with any influence or access to the band to try to make this a reality. It's a bit hard to make this happen from my little town of 4000 people on the south west of australia. I've emailed 10C, I've begged here. If it can be done, I hope someone who can make it happen, makes it happen.

I'm also willing and down with whatever helps out! Send me a PM when the idea is all settled on and I'm in!

We've seen so many times how amazing this band is with it's fanbase! I'm sure the band knows about this situation and will do something to be a part of a special gift. I remember the post about an "Open letter to Mr. Vedder" and how the teacher wished he could have Ed talk to his students or something along those lines. If I'm not mistaken Ed sent a nice letter to the teacher and students. When it comes to us...the fans....PJ doesn't miss the boat very often! They are sincere and genuine guys and why I continue to shell out my hard earned money year after year.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    Lets start a list of those willing to contribute so paul can contact everyone when hes up and about tomorrow

1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
  • Options
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
  • Options
    I did Dunk... even before you said so....

EDIT: Dunk! You deleted your post so now I look like a weirdo!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
  • Options
    Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    I'm in
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
    7.bubbles
    8. TravelAr
    9. Jo
  • Options
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
    7.bubbles
    8. TravelAr
    9. Jo
    10. dades
    11. veddertown
    12. dimitrispearljam
    13. Hollyster70
    14. Fifthelement
  • Options
    sorry if i missed anyone, please feel free to add your names and continue the list for Paul

I'll be away from my pc till the morning too
  • Options
    crikey this place is busy today....youd think there were gonna be some us tour dates or something
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I'm in too. Heath is my homie. He's had it rough but had one of the best attitudes I've ever experienced. And this dude LOVES Pearl Jam. However I can help I will. Let's get him set up for the next tour... let's get him tickets.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
    7.bubbles
    8. TravelAr
    9. Jo
    10. dades
    11. veddertown
    12. dimitrispearljam
    13. Hollyster70
    14. Fifthelement
    15. TipJammer
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
    7.bubbles
    8. TravelAr
    9. Jo
    10. dades
    11. veddertown
    12. dimitrispearljam
    13. Hollyster70
    14. Fifthelement
    15. TipJammer
    16. He.Who.Forgets
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    Bump.....

Just don't want this lost behind all the "what! no love for ________" bitch threads.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I haven't had time to read all the posts about this....But will when I get home from work today....
    But I was thinking if someone could post the address of the hospital I reckon it would be great if we all sent messages of support and love to him so he knows that us Aussie Jammers are thinking of him.... :)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    1. Pdalowsky
    2. Paul Andrews
    3. Redrock
    4. Norm
    5. Claireack
    6. coachchris
    7.bubbles
    8. TravelAr
    9. Jo
    10. dades
    11. veddertown
    12. dimitrispearljam
    13. Hollyster70
    14. Fifthelement
    15. TipJammer
    16. He.Who.Forgets

+ imalive

a get well card (or a get well anything) signed by the band at the SNL taping would be amazing. I'm sure they'd do it if someone could just "get to them." I'm down for whatever....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    What a great way to show we ALL care....love the card idea,mayb with sigs from the band .....count me in on whatever is decided guys. ;)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Heath has been a good friend of ours since we met him in Seattle. My wife and I did 3 shows with him. Had a blast with Heath, TipJammer, Stoned and Demented, and other Jammers at all 3 preparties.

Please add BigGameCaptain and Somethingaboutmary to your donation list.

If someone can email me the address of the hospital, we'd like to send something for Heath and Kristin.

Thanks to Ryan who called Maui last night, and to everyone here pulling for him.
    Heath Proden is a true friend and Champion! His spirit and energy for life, family, and music are truly amazing!

Picked up an SLC poster to add to a care package yesterday too. Please keep me informed.

Bill
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    jaselynchjaselynch Sydney Posts: 67
    edited March 2010
    I wish i could help financially more than anything, but i'm just not in the position at all.
    Post edited by jaselynch on
  • Options
    I'm in Paul + Paul. ;)
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Add me in please. As always I am at a loss of words for the love on this board. :)

BTW, I'll double it if we do Dunk's idea :D
    GoiMTvP.gif