One of our own bashed at Sydney train station....

Comments

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    LongRoad wrote:
    If that was my teen kid who beat a disable person i would beat him/her to next eternity ,i hope he recovers soon well wishes from here ..

Their parents would be at home off their head on drugs and/or alcohol.
    They don't work, they don't contribue to society. We pay their welfare.
    Mt Druitt is full of scum like this. It is the asshole of Sydney and needs to be nuked.

Being under age, these filth bags will get a slap on the wrist and will be back on the streets in no time.
    In the mean time mummy and her other 10 kids to 10 different men are totally oblivious to what darling son has done. And so it goes on in this country while our useless government keeps rewarding the scum and punishing the good people.

I have to say I am disappointed that this man was not told of the dangers of traveling by train at night, especially in the west. Perhaps he was offered a lift but didnt want anyone picking him up at that time of night, who knows. But I have to wonder if he was advised of the high risk of crime in that area at night. I've been involved in train robberies before and I think almost everyone has seen crime on trains and at western suburbs stations, but this is the worst I've heard of.

seems like a lot of crappy stuff happening in australia :( when i think of australia i still think of that kid who threw a party for like 1,000 people and it engulfed a whole block.
  • We met at the preparty for the Seattle shows and became great friends! Met back up and did the Portland show too! We have kept in touch since Portland. We spoke on fb last week. I'm still in shock that something like this has happened.
    Get well soon Bro. Stay strong.
    You are in our thoughts.
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    LongRoad wrote:
    If that was my teen kid who beat a disable person i would beat him/her to next eternity ,i hope he recovers soon well wishes from here ..

Their parents would be at home off their head on drugs and/or alcohol.
    They don't work, they don't contribue to society. We pay their welfare.
    Mt Druitt is full of scum like this. It is the asshole of Sydney and needs to be nuked.

Being under age, these filth bags will get a slap on the wrist and will be back on the streets in no time.
    In the mean time mummy and her other 10 kids to 10 different men are totally oblivious to what darling son has done. And so it goes on in this country while our useless government keeps rewarding the scum and punishing the good people.

I have to say I am disappointed that this man was not told of the dangers of traveling by train at night, especially in the west. Perhaps he was offered a lift but didnt want anyone picking him up at that time of night, who knows. But I have to wonder if he was advised of the high risk of crime in that area at night. I've been involved in train robberies before and I think almost everyone has seen crime on trains and at western suburbs stations, but this is the worst I've heard of.

I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne and dread catching the train, especially at night.
    Always junkies off their faces on the train harassing innocent people.
    Once I had to get off a few stations before my station because a junky wouldn't leave me alone, made me late to my job interview the fucker.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Hope those little fuckers get the shit kicked out of them, multiple times in jail. And hope that guy gets better. That is fucking ridiculous bullshit. Not that that should happen to anybody, but somebody in a wheelchair? That's fucked up.
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    I stood next to him at the front against the rail in Melbourne, he is a really nice guy. Eddie personally handed him a tamborine. Hope everything is OK for ya mate.

Geeze now i remember him.....saw him in the line up outside when i went out to the ladies :o :(
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    man this is really terrible. bastards. i saw him in seattle and I think LA.
    pretty sure his brother posts on here too. (didnt read the thread to see if he has posted here)

here is my picture of him and his incredible moment with Ed is Seattle. Happier Times.

heath-1.jpg

Get Better Man.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I saw this on TV here in Austria this morning, including the video of those two freaks attacking him! :shock:
    I really hope they get what they deserve!! Wish him all the best and greetings from Austria!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hope the injuries aren't too severe, and for a speedy recovery.

The times I met him in SEA and VAN, he was the life of the party. Be sound.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    It's so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor couple.
  • WTF?! :shock:

People's sick actions continue to surprise me... Sick little bastards :evil:

{{{{good vibes}}}} to the guy involved and his girlfriend. I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    This is just awful, the footage made me well up and feel a little sick.

Hope he recovers quickly and the tossers who did this get punished.

{{hugs}}
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I remember this dude... had a great aul chat with him in Seattle! He's a lovely fella and I'm disappointed to hear what happened :(

Speedy recovery, m'dear... hope to see you knockin' about some more shows in the not-too-distant future!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Man this is so sad to hear, and wish him a speedy recovery.

Mt Druit is the most violent place in Australia. Low socio-economic area leads to poor education and high crime. It is pretty ghetto with large populations of Maori's, Aborignals and Lebenese (don't mean for this to sound racist, but big problems there). I know a guy who lives there, a big Maori, easily the biggest guy I know, he said if ever I go to see him he'll walk me from the station.

You wouldn't even catch me there in the day time.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • this is fucked :evil:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fucking retards... why? why did they do this?

some people need kicked so hard that they have to shit through their ears.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    My thoughts go out to him (and his girlfriend who must also be traumatised by this).
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    CJMST3K wrote:
    "He fell out of his wheelchair, was allegedly stomped on and bashed on the head with a metal bar wrenched from his wheelchair, causing a depressed skull wound and cuts."

I seriously don't know why we can't beat people who do this. :evil:

Regrets to the board member. :cry:

i'm down with beating the shit out of them to. We should use some good old Louisville sluggers. CJ you bat lefty or righty????
  • Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    Condolensces to the victim, his girlfriend and family.

May the scum that did this rot in hell.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    out of f..king order!! robbery and assault offences. is that it .it should be attempted murder :x f..k the mans in a bloody wheel chair for Christ sake.
    lets hope they do time with some one like chopper. :twisted:
    hope he gets well soon old son
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Best wishes to him and his friends and family. Hope everything works out for them and know there are good people in this world. Please do not lose faith!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    We sat on the main level platform 1/2 way up & on the right side that night. We got in right before PJ went on so they didn't bring us all the way down by the stage.
    Beating a defenseless man in a wheelchair, I'm sickened :evil:[/quote][/quote]

I saw a guy in a wheel chair with a blonde lady that was on the left side in the corner of the barrier in front of Jeff....I wonder if that was the same guy?

Its so sad and such a senseless act....
    My love and thought to him and his g/friend .... xx
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Yes that was the guy, he was next to me and Gus at Melbourne.

Let's get active and do something: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125003
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    As a fellow Fan, Board Member and human, I am deeply sorry to see what has happened to you. As this story makes headlines around the world, you have support of everyone.

You are loved my your community here, your home country and the world.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    15 yrs old and 16 years old....

jesus christ

it makes me sick to the stomach, the fact these wankers will be given a cushy little punishment 'rehabilitated' and let back out to live their lives. (topical at the moment with the news in the Uk about the horrible bastard that tortured Jamie Bulger)

Revenge benefits no one, but a good beating is the only thing that would teach idiots like this - i think they perhaps need to feel the pain they seem to enjoy inflicting on others.

The fact that this guy was in a wheelchair just beggers belief, if you are reading this my friend, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    What a terrible story!

My best wishes to him for a full and speedy recovery.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I have just read on his Facebook page that his operations were successful and he is conscious and has been able to speak to his girlfriend and mother.

Please consider helping us get him a great get well soon card. A lot of you would have met him at the West Coast shows last year and the Australian shows. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125003
  • friends of the attackers are claiming it was self defence. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Two fully able guys beating on a wheelchair-bound person with metal bars is self defence?

from http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc- ... d=23619968

Canadian beaten in Australia recovering

A 35-year-old Manitoba man is recovering from surgery in Sydney, Australia, after he was beaten severely late Tuesday night.

Heath Proden suffered a fractured skull and deep cuts during the beating, which happened at a train station northeast of the city at about 11 p.m. local time. He underwent surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.

Closed-circuit television cameras at the station recorded video of Proden, who uses a wheelchair, being stomped on by two young men, who also hit him on the head and body with metal bars, including one from his wheelchair.

Police have charged two boys, aged 15 and 16, with intent to cause bodily harm and armed robbery.

Both have been denied bail and are expected to remain in custody pending future court dates.

Suspects claim self defence

A friend of the suspects has told police that Proden had harassed them and that they were acting in self defence, reporter Phil Mercer told CBC News

Police on Wednesday said the beating "appeared to be a random act."

Proden, who is from Winnipeg Beach, has been living in Australia with his girlfriend, Kristin Sharrock, since November. He was on his way home from seeing a Canadian band play at a bar when he was attacked at a commuter rail station.

Proden's grandmother, Vivian Proden, said he has used a wheelchair since breaking his back in a snowmobile accident in 2000.

"He's a kind, generous, strong individual," Sharrock said Wednesday, fighting back tears. "He doesn't deserve what's happened to him."

An Australian travel company has offered Proden's mother, Shellan Proden, a free ticket from her home in Winnipeg to visit her son.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    15 yrs old and 16 years old....

jesus christ

it makes me sick to the stomach, the fact these wankers will be given a cushy little punishment 'rehabilitated' and let back out to live their lives. (topical at the moment with the news in the Uk about the horrible bastard that tortured Jamie Bulger)

Revenge benefits no one, but a good beating is the only thing that would teach idiots like this - i think they perhaps need to feel the pain they seem to enjoy inflicting on others.

The fact that this guy was in a wheelchair just beggers belief, if you are reading this my friend, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with this sentiment. Lock them up and throw the key away (and even if they get a light sentence, that is no reason to take matters into our own hands). Eye for an eye is not the answer.

More violence just begets more violence. My full support to the victim and his family in a speedy recovery.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    It's just so horrible,disgusting, and sick to my stomach.
    The teenagers should be punished for what they did to him.
    Can't imagine how heartbreaking his mom was.
    My thoughts go out to him & have a speedy recovery.
  • man this is really terrible. bastards. i saw him in seattle and I think LA.
    pretty sure his brother posts on here too. (didnt read the thread to see if he has posted here)

here is my picture of him and his incredible moment with Ed is Seattle. Happier Times.

heath-1.jpg

Get Better Man.

Thanks so much for posting this.
    This is when Heath was handing Ed the Wishlist scrapbook that was made by everyone at the preparty.
    Ed threw Heath a tambourine back after taking the scrapbook. (Heath also snagged a second at one of the LA shows)
    Seeing him launch out of his chair onto the rail to give Ed the scrapbook really makes me smile. It shows the kind of fan he is.
    It was a great moment...... I had a blast with him at those shows. We just chatted with him last week on Facebook. I still can't believe this happened to Heath. I'm still torn up!
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013