One of our own bashed at Sydney train station....

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited March 2010
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That is just awful. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • This is beyond disgusting!
    We hung out for a bit at the Seattle pre-parties.
    WPG, my thoughts are with you right now.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Nice guy, hope he has a speedy recovery....

... though, seriously, who the f*** assaults someone in a wheelchair??.... sometimes I think we should have laws that sterilizes both the parents and the kids involved in these types of crimes...

Who watched "Idiocracy"?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    speedy recovery.

the gf looks familiar...like i've seen her in an avatar someplace. i dunno
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I hate seeing crap like this....hopefully they get a good dose of karma..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I have him on my facebook friends and will allert him to this thread.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    BALLBOY wrote:
    Westie scum!

just calling them scum is enough. no need to disparage all westies.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    this is horrific...i hope he recovers quickly. the band and pit are here for you, friend.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Hey Heathy

I'm so sorry to hear about this terrible news. You're here in Australia following your heart and have had an incredible time until now.

Please don't let this bring you down. Recover and be strong my friend. It's just two fools that no better and the messed with the wrong Jamily. We love you mate and don't let this put you off Australia.

Much love and aloha and we hope to see you and your bright smile again soon my friend.
    xoxoxo
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,951
    I hope the band sees this and hooks this guy up for the next tour (if he's recovered :sick: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    there is no reason in the world to beat on a person who is in a wheel chair, that is totally inhumane I hope they put these jerks away for a long time they need to learn some respect, especially since they are only teenagers, that is so hard to believe that people that age could do something like this, hope he recouperates quickly and will be ok, all the best my friend!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JW0422 wrote:
    there is no reason in the world to beat on a person who is in a wheel chair, that is totally inhumane I hope they put these jerks away for a long time they need to learn some respect, especially since they are only teenagers, that is so hard to believe that people that age could do something like this, hope he recouperates quickly and will be ok, all the best my friend!

really??? its that hard to believe that teenagers did this?? teenagers do a lot of mindless things. as much as this incident sickens me it hardly surprises me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    If that was my teen kid who beat a disable person i would beat him/her to next eternity ,i hope he recovers soon well wishes from here ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I am so sad. This is disgusting.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    it is sickening that people can do that kind of shit... bashing a person for no reason is bad enough, but a wheelchair bound person, who cannot fight back is even worse.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • I stood next to him at the front against the rail in Melbourne, he is a really nice guy. Eddie personally handed him a tamborine. Hope everything is OK for ya mate.

Paul... he was at the LA shows right? If so he hung out w/a group of us before i think... LA3? at Karl Strauss.
    Great guy, so sad to see this happen. Even if it isn't him, my thoughts go out to him.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
    I stood next to him at the front against the rail in Melbourne, he is a really nice guy. Eddie personally handed him a tamborine. Hope everything is OK for ya mate.

Paul... he was at the LA shows right? If so he hung out w/a group of us before i think... LA3? at Karl Strauss.
    Great guy, so sad to see this happen. Even if it isn't him, my thoughts go out to him.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he was at LA.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Absolutely " "Disgusting" ".....You can't even GO about your Daily life "Hassle" FREE( I know FANTASY World!)...and THIS Happens :evil:...
    If the courts let them off I think we all go to Sydney and kick the shit out of them.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Another incident, this time in Melbourne.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-co ... 5839571757
  • bwordbword Posts: 74
    As soon as I read the story in the news I was pretty sure who it was!!! Bummer!!!!!!

Can't remember our first meeting but it was along last falls W Coast tour...we met a few times!!!! Most memorable in SEA, LA and SD...we are fellow proud Cnds!!!

Speedy recovery pal!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 842960.htm

Teen denied bail over wheelchair bashing

Updated 1 hour 6 minutes ago

A second teenager has been denied bail over the bashing of a Canadian man in Sydney on Tuesday night.

The 35-year-old man, who lost the use of his legs after a snowmobile accident, was attacked at Mt Druitt train station on Tuesday night.

Yesterday a 16-year-old was arrested and appeared in the Parramatta Children's Court on charges of causing grievous bodily harm and armed robbery. He was refused bail.

A second alleged offender presented himself to police last night.

The 15-year-old appeared on the same charges today and was also refused bail.

He said 'okay' to the Magistrate, then looked at his family. His sisters were sobbing in the courtroom.

Police allege the pair beat the man with metal bars.

He is still in hospital and has had surgery for a fractured skull.

The teenagers are due to appear in court again in April.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/11/2842960.htm

Teen denied bail over wheelchair bashing

Updated 1 hour 6 minutes ago

A second teenager has been denied bail over the bashing of a Canadian man in Sydney on Tuesday night.

The 35-year-old man, who lost the use of his legs after a snowmobile accident, was attacked at Mt Druitt train station on Tuesday night.

Yesterday a 16-year-old was arrested and appeared in the Parramatta Children's Court on charges of causing grievous bodily harm and armed robbery. He was refused bail.

A second alleged offender presented himself to police last night.

The 15-year-old appeared on the same charges today and was also refused bail.

He said 'okay' to the Magistrate, then looked at his family. His sisters were sobbing in the courtroom.

Police allege the pair beat the man with metal bars.

He is still in hospital and has had surgery for a fractured skull.

The teenagers are due to appear in court again in April.

Good!
    If only they can be denied life.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i saw this one the news and was fucking disgusted. no idea he was a jammer. but that makes no real different. it was still down right fucking disgusting.

those fuckers are real tough, bashing a guy in a wheelchair. man i hope they get their arses raped in jail. weak cowardly little fucks they are.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to all affected by this tragedy. Praying for a speedy recovery for our fellow fan :cry::cry:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    edited March 2010
    If that was my teen kid who beat a disable person i would beat him/her to next eternity ,i hope he recovers soon well wishes from here ..

Their parents would be at home off their head on drugs and/or alcohol.
    They don't work, they don't contribue to society. We pay their welfare.
    Mt Druitt is full of scum like this. It is the asshole of Sydney and needs to be nuked.

Being under age, these filth bags will get a slap on the wrist and will be back on the streets in no time.
    In the mean time mummy and her other 10 kids to 10 different men are totally oblivious to what darling son has done. And so it goes on in this country while our useless government keeps rewarding the scum and punishing the good people.

I have to say I am disappointed that this man was not told of the dangers of traveling by train at night, especially in the west. Perhaps he was offered a lift but didnt want anyone picking him up at that time of night, who knows. But I have to wonder if he was advised of the high risk of crime in that area at night. I've been involved in train robberies before and I think almost everyone has seen crime on trains and at western suburbs stations, but this is the worst I've heard of.
    Post edited by LongRoad on
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I wish him a fast recovery!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    this is the reason i prefer animals (pets) to people...
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    gndcd402 wrote:
    this is the reason i prefer animals (pets) to people...

amen to that