FORCE OF NATURE ON SNL .....CONFIRMED.

Comments

• disappointing.

though the only song I would be really pissed about is Supersonic. everything else on the album is gold, Jerry, gold!

:o

I wanna live my life with the volume FULL!!!!!!!!! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

where's the love? <3

You got love here, homie! Well, for Supersonic... you and I just met. You understand.
    Trust me, you'd love her just as much in the flesh ... Um, not that I would have any intimate knowledge of the lady's anatomy, mind you ... Think I'll quit now.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    Yeah really they are on TV why complain about what songs get played all is good in the world of live PJ 8-) .

This song was great in Philly .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,363
    Thrilled if this is true, as it's one of the best tracks on an album with no clunkers. But this is a tough song to sing live (thus the few appearances on the tour), so I hope Eddie has been drinking his tea and abstaining from cigarettes.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    I BET THE FIXER AND JUST BREATH....HOPE NOT THERE 2 SINGLES BUT WILL PROBABLY BE THEM...HERES HOPING ON UNTHOUGHT KNOWN.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • BF25394 wrote:
    Thrilled if this is true, as it's one of the best tracks on an album with no clunkers. But this is a tough song to sing live (thus the few appearances on the tour), so I hope Eddie has been drinking his tea and abstaining from cigarettes.
    There's a chance of Ed keeping with the half of that prescription that deals with leaves of the drinkable variety. And yes, Force is a bitch to sing, though my car and shower don't count as venues.
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    Can't wait til Saturday. I will be in the house!
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    andrewb wrote:

im soooo close to scoring 2 seats

pray for me

that being said its a bit of a tease .. they play and a song and your're waiting for the show to really begin and boom..they are gone
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

I wanna live my life with the volume FULL!!!!!!!!! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

where's the love? <3

You got love here, homie! Well, for Supersonic... you and I just met. You understand.
    Trust me, you'd love her just as much in the flesh ... Um, not that I would have any intimate knowledge of the lady's anatomy, mind you ... Think I'll quit now.

:shock: haha, I luv you bud!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,595
    andrewb wrote:

im soooo close to scoring 2 seats

pray for me

that being said its a bit of a tease .. they play and a song and your're waiting for the show to really begin and boom..they are gone

yeah but hopefully they might see their way into a sketch. :mrgreen:

regarding song choice. both times they've played this show they did a single and then a non single. so FON might be in the cards!
    www.myspace.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,363
    BF25394 wrote:
    There's a chance of Ed keeping with the half of that prescription that deals with leaves of the drinkable variety. And yes, Force is a bitch to sing, though my car and shower don't count as venues.

This is a bit of a tangent, but don't you find that "Backspacer," as a whole, is difficult to sing along with? The first four tracks leave your throat shredded.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    I am definitely setting my alarm for SNL. Work has been beating me down and I dont trust myself one bit to stay awake once I lay down on the couch. Thank God for DVR.

I predict Got Some first and than Just Breathe second.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    confirmed?

how so ?

sounds like more speculative internet fodder.

i predict got some, supersonic, with johnny guitars closing out the show while the credits roll.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    confirmed?

how so ?

i predict got some, supersonic, with johnny guitars closing out the show while the credits roll.

Have you ever seen an episode of SNL? There is no band playing during the credits. The cast, host and band all stand around and hung.
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    edited March 2010
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    confirmed?

how so ?

Have you ever seen an episode of SNL? There is no band playing during the credits. The cast, host and band all stand around and hung.

Most of the time yes, but a few times the past couple of years they have the musical guest play as the credits roll: It happened with U2, and another one this season that I just can't remember.

EDITED: Green Day did it too last season and Ferrell (who was hosting) came out and played cowbell. Sure there was more.
    Post edited by max8700 on
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    confirmed?

how so ?

guess youve never seen the limited occasions when certain bands, such as springsteen or u2, played the 3 songs that I spoke of.

even PJ played 3 songs back in 94.

I ve seen more SNL than you have, Im almost certain.
    platessmall.jpg
    coldplay , black eyed peas also played 3 songs on one of their appearances.

now what?
    platessmall.jpg
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    I think "hopethatuchoke" was referring not really to a band playing three times (which happens sometimes) to a band playing its third song as the credits roll (which happens more infrequently and which I addressed in my post).
    HOST - Emilio Estevez/Pearl Jam (1994) TV episode (performer: "Not For You", "Rearview Mirror", "Daughter")
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    HOST - Emilio Estevez/Pearl Jam (1994) TV episode (performer: "Not For You", "Rearview Mirror", "Daughter")

I rember watching the show that night, I even set my VCR to tape the show. I'm glad I did.
  • disappointing.

though the only song I would be really pissed about is Supersonic. everything else on the album is gold, Jerry, gold!

where's the love? <3

I don't get it either. It was my favorite instantly. Other then Unthought Known. ;)
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Anything other than "Speed of Sound" is great. That song is utter crap.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • smithnic wrote:
    Anything other than "Speed of Sound" is great. That song is utter crap.

I don't feel that strongly about it, but I really think it does fall short. It had potential be be a cool little ditty, like the underrated "Thin Air" IMO, but it just falls short. I don't mind when PJ goes a little alt country - Off He Goes, Thin Air, Speed Of Sound, Just Breathe, Johnny Cash cover, etc...I'd like more of it actually.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    confirmed?

how so ?

CONFIRMED BY ME.
    ME.
    THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
    :x :x
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, your jeagler can sing the hell out of this album. ed should be fine....remembering the lyrics? well now, yeah, that's another story.
    www.myspace.com
  • rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    this song is BY FAR the crowning achievement on Backspacer and probably my fav song off the last three albums.

.......it s a great song
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I wouldn't be mad at that. FON is a very good song. I would also love to see then play UK or ATW as the other song. I would be a little dissapointed if they played the two singles.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    FON has been my favorite since the record was released. Would absolutely love for them to play this on SNL.

And of course even if he is wrong The Jeagler is always right. ;)
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    both times they've played this show they did a single and then a non single. so FON might be in the cards!
    CONFIRMED BY ME.
    ME.
    THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
    :x :x

I don't really get this... So is it "might" be in the cards? Or is it "confirmed"? :)
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    what if they perform a song slated for the rumored EP?
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    I love Force of Nature, but on SNL?
    They want to appeal to the masses but this definitely won't do it! This is a song the casual fan skips...Got Some, Unthought Known, The Fixer, and maybe The End are the only 'mass appeal' songs...