Options

Chris Martin (Coldplay) Speaks on Pearl Jam...

13»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I was the same way. Thought no one could compare to pearl jam and wouldn't give any other band a listen. Bad mistake by me. I have found numerous bands that I find as enjoyable as pearl jam.

1. Incubus
    2. Idlewild
    3. Coheed and freaking Cambria - my goodness people give this band a chance. Some of the most complex and intriguing guitar parts I have ever heard. Also, by far the most nicest band I have ever met.

Coheed has a few decent songs. The first album and the newest are the best, imo. Two damn fine guitarists. They're not highly original, musically.

Coldplay is a pretty good band. Not the greatest ever, or even remotely close, but they are just a solid pop band.
  • Options
    love their first album. What about time consumer? The intro to that song gives me chills. Also, delirium trigger is almost as good as welcome home... almost.
  • Options
    It seems like the industry really wanted me (and everyone else) to love Coldplay. They have received more of a push and "free pass" than any band I can think of.

There are a lot of great bands out there, but no one has come close to Pearl Jam in a long long time. This has been the fact for decades now.

You can see Pearl Jam perform 10 times in the span of a month, and you'll see ten unique and different shows. If you do the same with any other band, you're going to see the exact same show 10 times. And by "exactly the same", I mean the same setlist, the same banter between songs, and everything else.

It's going to be a long time before any band comes close to Pearl Jam. I'm glad that Chris likes and respects Pearl Jam. I wish more of today's manufactured rock stars would praise Pearl Jam.