what is this fanclub up to?

13»

Comments

• belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    dunkman wrote:
    y'all should be paying the $25 just to read my posts. :thumbup:

pfffff....i'd pay at least $25.50 to read your posts Dunky!! ;):mrgreen::lol:

zat all - the man has a talent you know ! :mrgreen:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I went 0 for 4 on pearljam.com trying to get fan club seats to the Los Angeles shows last fall. Immediately after they went on sale at their individually different times, I would refresh the page and there would be no tickets available.

you must have been doing something wrong then...tix for all 4 la shows were readily available way past the on sale time
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    I went 0 for 4 on pearljam.com trying to get fan club seats to the Los Angeles shows last fall. Immediately after they went on sale at their individually different times, I would refresh the page and there would be no tickets available.

you must have been doing something wrong then...tix for all 4 la shows were readily available way past the on sale time
    i remember Norm post that was easy,piece of cake when he buy his tix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    As soon as I read her whoa is me rant I knew that this was going to get ugly. I was like "Oh boy, here comes another generation y-ner with their sense of entitlement."
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Good god there are a bunch of crybabies out there. And I'm not talking about the OP - I'm talking about the people who continued to insult the OP even after s/he'd apologized for the post. No need to kick a person when they're down, jackasses.

And what's wrong with a dissenting opinion, anyway? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you - freaking grow a pair! I know it's a fan club, but it's a fan club for a 20-year-old band with a shitload of fans. There are going to be disagreements, deal with it. Not everyone likes "Jeremy." Not everyone likes "In My Tree." Not everyone likes "Yield." Not everyone likes "Backspacer." Not everyone likes Democrats. Not everyone likes Republicans. Not everyone thinks the 10C is doing a good job. The one thing everyone can agree on though, is that we all like Pearl Jam. Why is it so hard for people to be civil to those who disagree with them? (I ask at the end of a post where I called people "jackasses"... ahem).

And as for @shadowcast... a sense of entitlement, huh? So if you went to a grocery store and bought a loaf of bread, then the cashier took your money and didn't hand over the load of bread, would you A) say "Well, I met some cool people in the store, so the trip wasn't a waste of time" or B) say "I paid for the loaf of bread, I expect to receive a loaf of bread."? I know there are people who are happy forking over the $$$ for the chance to chat on this board and meet awesome people, but there are also people out there who expect to receive the things they have paid for. That isn't exactly an unreasonable request.

That being said, OP - the single and mag are never on time. There's a reason people here call it the "Holiday Single" - you never know what holiday it will show up for ;-)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    if you want the holiday single before x-mas........join the R.E.M. fanclub. :lol:
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    aNiMaL wrote:
    They still list it as a holiday 45 single on their website
    Yeah, but the holidays now include Easter. :P
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,534
    I've joined a few fan clubs (generally to get access to tickets). Most of them charge at least twice as much as the 10c and don't offer many extra.

I'd say Metallica has the best fan club. You get access to tickets and they put out quarterly magazines like clockwork. Albet the tickets aren't be senority to I only join in years with tours.

10c.. is only 20-25 bux? You get a 7 inch single, a magazine (they say two, but there so infrequent, you'll probably get one) and access to a pretty decently run advance ticket system.

U2 charges 45 bux I think, and all you get is a cd (live or rarities usually) and access to fan tix. You get access to extra stuff on the website. but meh.. extra website stuff never excites me. (as most anything decent is available from other sources on the net).

the AC DC fan club was 40 bux, mostly just gets you access to an advance pair of tickets. you get some trinkets in the mail, but nothing really worthwhile.

KISS fan club mails you a crappy shirt. and you get access to tickets I think its about 40 bux as well.

NIN Fan club was free... got free access to advance tix.. that was pretty sweet.

I guess in my experience 10c is pretty good and its low cost. Most bands charge at least twice as much for access to tickets and some extras.

20 bux (25 for international) isn't really that much to work with... 10c has never been superstaffed and has remained low staffed.

What would I want if they asked me for money? Special website access? More magazines from a band that likes to be reclusive? lol.... 10c's just fine and its inexpensive.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Its been said by others, but I simply cannot understand people upset with the band charging $25.00 as an annual fee to run this whole operation. Combared with other bands, it is absolutely towards the low end. Thanks 10C for everything you do!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    Zod wrote:
    I've joined a few fan clubs (generally to get access to tickets). Most of them charge at least twice as much as the 10c and don't offer many extra.

I'd say Metallica has the best fan club. You get access to tickets and they put out quarterly magazines like clockwork. Albet the tickets aren't be senority to I only join in years with tours.

10c.. is only 20-25 bux? You get a 7 inch single, a magazine (they say two, but there so infrequent, you'll probably get one) and access to a pretty decently run advance ticket system.

U2 charges 45 bux I think, and all you get is a cd (live or rarities usually) and access to fan tix. You get access to extra stuff on the website. but meh.. extra website stuff never excites me. (as most anything decent is available from other sources on the net).

the AC DC fan club was 40 bux, mostly just gets you access to an advance pair of tickets. you get some trinkets in the mail, but nothing really worthwhile.

KISS fan club mails you a crappy shirt. and you get access to tickets I think its about 40 bux as well.

NIN Fan club was free... got free access to advance tix.. that was pretty sweet.

I guess in my experience 10c is pretty good and its low cost. Most bands charge at least twice as much for access to tickets and some extras.

20 bux (25 for international) isn't really that much to work with... 10c has never been superstaffed and has remained low staffed.

What would I want if they asked me for money? Special website access? More magazines from a band that likes to be reclusive? lol.... 10c's just fine and its inexpensive.
    All of those fanclubs are run by an external corporate entity that does nothing but run fan clubs-you pay the extra fees so both the band and the corporate entity make money

Pearl jam's fan club is in house-hence the lack of professional efficiency and relatively low cost.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    Ok wrote:
    Thanks 10C for everything you do!

:thumbup:
  • I like being a member of the 10c.
    Mary Jane
    ~~~~~~
    09/04/2000 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    07/01/2003 Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA
    06/22/2008 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
    10/27/2013 Baltimore Arena (1st Mariner), Baltimore, MD
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    They're up to announcing shows....Is everyone happy now?!
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • norm wrote:

Wtf?
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • I've been following this board for a number of years but only recently joined so I could get the SLC poster 8-) I went to the show but passed on the poster for whatever reason (kids needed shoes or shots or some other lame reason). The holiday single and misc other benefits are just added perks as far as Im concerned ;)
  • snipes824 wrote:
    i'm only in the fan club for tickets. i couldn't care less about deep magazine. i look at it for 10 minutes the day it comes and then i throw it in a pile on my desk never to be seen again. i guess the christmas single is cool but i don't have a record player so they are meaningless to me.

willing to part with said "meaningless" merch then? I need Deep Volume 1 Issue 1, and some xmas singles. PM me if interested.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    what's this fanclub up to?
    it's up to
    some great party times! come on tour dates!!! :D
    (wish there was a smokin dancin smilie with a cocktail ;) )
  • I have never had 10C tickets.
    10C has fucked up sending me my deep magazine, and then fucked up rectifying the matter (eventually all good)
    I don't buy 10C-only merch.
    I don't buy 10C posters.
    I get my single eventually.
    I get my Deep mag eventually.

10C does, as far as I can tell, the best they possibly can.

I am a happy $25 international 10C member from Winnipeg.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I like being a member of the 10c.

Me too. I've had no complaint with the club. 8-)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • to the OP, you sound alittle ungrateful and seem to want and want and want. If Pearl Jam were to retire today you'd call them assholes cause they are retiring and want to spend time with the families. So the word of the day for you is....Ungrateful
    A compliment for us is a compliment for you ...

- Philly the Heart of Pearl Jam -
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    to the OP, you sound alittle ungrateful and seem to want and want and want. If Pearl Jam were to retire today you'd call them assholes cause they are retiring and want to spend time with the families. So the word of the day for you is....Ungrateful

I really can't stand when people here refer to some fans as "ungrateful". The band needs us more than we need them. We fill their bank accounts. When we pay for the music, tickets, posters, shirts, ten club membership, etc...we have a right to expect things that we pay for.

I think the 10 Club does as good a job as it possibly can with the resources and information they are provided. The root of the issues people have with the club lie with the band and it's management.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I need the band more than the band needs me :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pandora wrote:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    pandora wrote:

This. Plus, if you look at http://pearljam.com/ten-club/membership-benefits you'll see that we do get what they tell us we're paying for. They don't even guarantee the tickets. If that isn't enough for you then don't renew. They tell us what we're getting and that still isn't enough for the complainers. If they offered free concerts to shows from the vault, then people would complain about the shows offered. If they offered all shows, people would complain about the quality or something. There's no pleasing everyone.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • I really can't stand when people here refer to some fans as "ungrateful". The band needs us more than we need them. We fill their bank accounts.

I would argue that it is mutually beneficial. "we fill their bank accounts". Yes, we do. But obviously they do something for you/us that cannot be quantified with money or merch, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

AND TO EVERYONE ELSE, THE OP ALREADY APOLOGIZED/RETRACTED, STOP CALLING HIM/HER OUT.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • DS114969 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

This. Plus, if you look at http://pearljam.com/ten-club/membership-benefits you'll see that we do get what they tell us we're paying for. They don't even guarantee the tickets. If that isn't enough for you then don't renew. They tell us what we're getting and that still isn't enough for the complainers. If they offered free concerts to shows from the vault, then people would complain about the shows offered. If they offered all shows, people would complain about the quality or something. There's no pleasing everyone.

excellently put. they have provided us with everything they claim to provide us with when we purchase the membership. And MORE.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pandora wrote:

true for me as well!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    I don't have any problem with the 10C.

I'm glad they've stopped advertising the member benefits of getting "2 copies of Deep magazine per year"! There was never more than 1 per year... and I notice they no longer specify how many you get for being a member!! Looking forward to receiving the latest instalment when it arrives in Europe! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.