what is this fanclub up to?

Comments

• RELAX!! Give the fanclub time. You will get DEEP 6 soon, then the annual single, then a chance to buy tickets. The best part of the fanclub is not described in what you get for $20. Wait till your first fan meet up, you first oppertunity to actually talk to some of the people on here. I have made friends all over the world because of this fanclub and this band. Just wait and look back on this thread in a year, you'll see. Welcome to the club! :mrgreen:
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    hahaha when my mom got her annual single in 1995 she said it came months late so its always been like this
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    the 98 single turned up in late feb 99.. so really, it's not thaaaaaaaaat late.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Let me first say that I love Pearl Jam to death. But i'm starting to hate this fucking fan club. Are PJ even that close to it? I wonder. I joined four months ago and for my money have got the privelege of being able to post topics on a forum. WTF?? Yes you can remind me as the fan club did in their feeble email that I have had the opprtunity to purchase pre sale PJ tickets. But so what?? I love seeing the band, but the only info i've got means having to open up my wallet again- which is usually empty. Brad are back- so what? i live halfway around the world. Ok that can be forgiven I may have been a fan living in the Seattle area and the fan club were not to know that. But still I'm pissed. Where is my Deep magazines?? Aren't we supposed to recieve something like 3 or 4 a year or something. Also and I am not sorry to say this I am pissed at PJ where is our christmas single? Lazy is not an excuse anymore. I know you all worship PJ and everything. But come on I can't be the only one pissed here.
    Woah, settle down. I have been a paying member since 1994 and the Christmas single has rarely come on time. It is not up to the Ten Club to get it out on time as they are at the mercy of the band themselves to get the single out.

You ask if PJ are even close to the club? Yes, they are very close as it is as it has always been, an inside job. The folks who run the 10c have been working with Pearl Jam since the early 90's and it has remained an in-house operation. They work physically in the same space as the band. The Ten Club headquarters and the band's headquarters are one in the same place.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Whiny little fucks belong in Sawyer's threads... not your own.
    :lol:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    And uhm...really?? :evil:
    Pearl Jam are trying to put a show together at New York's central park- which will be part of the bands 20th anniversary celebrations. The show will not take place when the band head out on an East coast tour this May. Instead the band are pushing for a July/August date.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    yup...here it is:

We have received your membership/renewal fee and you are now officially
    geared up to receive all of the Ten Club benefits throughout the upcoming
    year with Pearl Jam.

You will enjoy:

-Newsletter
    -An Annual Gift
    -Contest Eligibility
    -Exclusive Merchandise and Ticketing Offers
    -And any other cool PJ staples that we may come across.
    They still list it as a holiday 45 single on their website:

http://www.pearljam.com/tenclub

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world.
    Access to Ten Club members-only merchandise like limited edition silk-screened posters from Pearl Jam tours.
    A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else.
    Pearl Jam's full-color printed DEEP Magazine mailed to you
    Full access to the Pearl Jam Online Community
    Members-only contests and giveaways

That said, it still is and will always be intended to be a Christmas holiday single. Nothing has changed with regard to this single in recent years.
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Lol, that's funny. Yes I suppose I am a whiny little girl. It isn't how I wanted to come across. At the same time you can't keep defending something just because your a member/fan. Seriously 4 months and nothing..... I'm also I am sorry that I know some tour news or venues being booked by the band before it is released on this website- I thought I was just helping.

PM me and I'll send you from my personal collection all the past newsletters + Xmas singles.
    Four months.
    I feel your pain.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Is reacting negatively towards the OP really the best way to combat a negative thread?
    In all seriousness though, while the Ten Club is still an awesome club to be affiliated with, it's service to it's members has dipped over the years.
    Does anybody remember the rumour section on the old Synergy site? People used to submit their rumours to Kat and Sea, and if you were fortunate enough, those rumours would answered. Nowadays all you get is silence, and rumour threads are left to hang around for days, weeks, even months without clarification of their validity.
    Now, I may seem to be contradicting what I originally said about how good the Ten Club is, but you also have to take into account, factors which may explain the drop in personal contact with Ten Club's active members.
    Tour Announcements - Tours can't be the easiest things to arrange. It would take a vast amount of time negotiating venues, dates, support acts etc. Not to mention the financial side of the whole thing. Announcements may take their time due to one or two small things which may jeopardise one or two shows on the tour. If they announced the whole tour schedule without dotting the i's and crossing the t's and those one or two shows became unviable, then it may cost certain Ten Club members some financial loss due to travel arrangements etc.
    Also, there may be stipulations as to who can announce shows first which may work against Ten Club

Xmas Singles - If the band are still undecided on song choices etc, then what can Ten Club tell us? Nothing that's what.
    The same can be applied to other releases such as albums/singles/EP's/bootlegs

Shipping - Even a birthday card from your mum can get lost in the post. I've failed to receive stuff from Ten Club before. Contact them and they send another one out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes the Ten Club has it's faults, but a vast majority of them may be out of their control.
    There's no need to flame the OP because I'm willing to bet that 99% of people on here have felt frustrated by certain things over the years.
    Peace, love, and understanding is the way to a happier PJ community. That and PATIENCE :)

Keep on rockin' and supporting each other, and the band :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Is reacting negatively towards the OP really the best way to combat a negative thread?
    In all seriousness though, while the Ten Club is still an awesome club to be affiliated with, it's service to it's members has dipped over the years.
    Does anybody remember the rumour section on the old Synergy site? People used to submit their rumours to Kat and Sea, and if you were fortunate enough, those rumours would answered. Nowadays all you get is silence, and rumour threads are left to hang around for days, weeks, even months without clarification of their validity.
    Now, I may seem to be contradicting what I originally said about how good the Ten Club is, but you also have to take into account, factors which may explain the drop in personal contact with Ten Club's active members.
    Tour Announcements - Tours can't be the easiest things to arrange. It would take a vast amount of time negotiating venues, dates, support acts etc. Not to mention the financial side of the whole thing. Announcements may take their time due to one or two small things which may jeopardise one or two shows on the tour. If they announced the whole tour schedule without dotting the i's and crossing the t's and those one or two shows became unviable, then it may cost certain Ten Club members some financial loss due to travel arrangements etc.
    Also, there may be stipulations as to who can announce shows first which may work against Ten Club

Xmas Singles - If the band are still undecided on song choices etc, then what can Ten Club tell us? Nothing that's what.
    The same can be applied to other releases such as albums/singles/EP's/bootlegs

Shipping - Even a birthday card from your mum can get lost in the post. I've failed to receive stuff from Ten Club before. Contact them and they send another one out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes the Ten Club has it's faults, but a vast majority of them may be out of their control.
    There's no need to flame the OP because I'm willing to bet that 99% of people on here have felt frustrated by certain things over the years.
    Peace, love, and understanding is the way to a happier PJ community. That and PATIENCE :)

:clap:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Oz Jammer wrote:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    aNiMaL wrote:
    yup...here it is:

We have received your membership/renewal fee and you are now officially
    geared up to receive all of the Ten Club benefits throughout the upcoming
    year with Pearl Jam.

You will enjoy:

-Newsletter
    -An Annual Gift
    -Contest Eligibility
    -Exclusive Merchandise and Ticketing Offers
    -And any other cool PJ staples that we may come across.
    They still list it as a holiday 45 single on their website:

http://www.pearljam.com/tenclub

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world.
    Access to Ten Club members-only merchandise like limited edition silk-screened posters from Pearl Jam tours.
    A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else.
    Pearl Jam's full-color printed DEEP Magazine mailed to you
    Full access to the Pearl Jam Online Community
    Members-only contests and giveaways

That said, it still is and will always be intended to be a Christmas holiday single. Nothing has changed with regard to this single in recent years.

Well....I've been corrected again. Not sure why I even add my two cents.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    the best thing be a member of this club is that u have the chance to meet amazing and great people that they love music.and u make friends for a life time..exept,tix-deep mag -holiday single...sent me your paypal acount and i ll sent u your 25$ back ,close them in your wallet,just for u to get out and stop to break this great spirit..

Geez Dimitris, I'm thinking of making a thread similar to this to earn $25. I'll think of it as a bit of cash on the side
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pjfan31 wrote:
    the best thing be a member of this club is that u have the chance to meet amazing and great people that they love music.and u make friends for a life time..exept,tix-deep mag -holiday single...sent me your paypal acount and i ll sent u your 25$ back ,close them in your wallet,just for u to get out and stop to break this great spirit..

Geez Dimitris, I'm thinking of making a thread similar to this to earn $25. I'll think of it as a bit of cash on the side
    i already know what a pearl jam freak u are ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

i already know what a pearl jam freak u are ;)

Well you my friend, have just joined an exclusive group of just about everyone I know
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • The only thing thats been bumming me out is my inability to get fan club tickets.

I went 0 for 4 on pearljam.com trying to get fan club seats to the Los Angeles shows last fall. Immediately after they went on sale at their individually different times, I would refresh the page and there would be no tickets available.

I ended up going to the October 1st show only and we were up near the back of the balcony at almost a 90 degree angle from the stage. I was blown away by the typewriter key stuff behind the band... when I saw it on YouTube haha!

I also went 0 for 3 trying to get tickets to Ed's first solo tour on this site back in '08. I ended up getting more expensive tix on StubHub, which consequently were in the very back row of the Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara.

I also got fucked on the Riot Act tour and was way back on the lawn at Shoreline Amphitheatre.

ITS NOT ALL BAD!

I'll never forget being in the 7th row, dead center, for the Santa Barbara Bowl on October 28, 2003, the one where Chris Cornell, Jack Irons, John Frusciante, etc all showed up. Those tix were courtesy of the Ten Club!

Also got a great pair to the Halloween '00 show at Shoreline, dead center, bout 15 rows from the stage!

I've got the annual singles plastered all over my walls, unfortunately I missing a couple years.
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • I can kinda see the TS's point. Ten Club tickets in Australia aren't really worth much more seeing as it was general admission. Sure, I got a pretty good spot, but there were plenty of non-TC people in front. I would have just had to line up early if I wanted to do that, but with TC I was lining up for ages anyway... so no real benefit. Then with the pre-order Backspacer, it arrived quite late and with no bootlegs like the normal retail versions. I'm certainly not upset about it like TS - I got tickets to see the band, got a good spot, had a great time and only parted with $20 or whatever it is. There are plenty of worse things I've spent that on, and that's without receiving the "holiday single".
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    edited March 2010
    hey, you think THIS fanclub sucks...well you should've joined the Audioslave fanclub like me...only thing I received was a thank you letter telling me they are breaking up (but cashed my check anyway). Oh well, guess I could have spent that money more wisely, like another round at Starbucks
    Post edited by Bird889 on
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    Let me first say that I love Pearl Jam to death. But i'm starting to hate this fucking fan club. Are PJ even that close to it? I wonder. I joined four months ago and for my money have got the privelege of being able to post topics on a forum. WTF?? Yes you can remind me as the fan club did in their feeble email that I have had the opprtunity to purchase pre sale PJ tickets. But so what?? I love seeing the band, but the only info i've got means having to open up my wallet again- which is usually empty. Brad are back- so what? i live halfway around the world. Ok that can be forgiven I may have been a fan living in the Seattle area and the fan club were not to know that. But still I'm pissed. Where is my Deep magazines?? Aren't we supposed to recieve something like 3 or 4 a year or something. Also and I am not sorry to say this I am pissed at PJ where is our christmas single? Lazy is not an excuse anymore. I know you all worship PJ and everything. But come on I can't be the only one pissed here.

Pearl Jam. Central Park. 2010.

that is all.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • musicmanmusicman Posts: 98
    I renewed my membership a few months ago and all I've got so far is a bunch of f•••'n cry babies, but hey... It's entertaining.
    "I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
  • for all the cool ass people i have met through this fan club in the past few years.....ya just can't put a price on that!!.....and bitching about $20. is just fucking ridiculous!!........and i'm all for a good bitch!!

but to me it's worth $20. just to be able to buy the posters! 8-) :geek: 8-)
  • I joined this fanclub well over a year ago and have yet to receieve a holiday single, deep magazine, anything at all. But I guess I'm just a selfish whiner.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I joined this fanclub well over a year ago and have yet to receieve a holiday single, deep magazine, anything at all. But I guess I'm just a selfish whiner.

Hey me too! Let the commiseration begin!

Oh wait, except that I'm not unhappy. :D
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I joined this fanclub well over a year ago and have yet to receieve a holiday single, deep magazine, anything at all. But I guess I'm just a selfish whiner.

Yep...be careful trying to hold an organization to their word around here.

They aren't saints, they are rich because of people like you and I. People act like they are doing us a favor by taking our $. Please, save me your bs. It's only $25 a year or whatever, but it would be nice to have some real info BEFORE the general public. The xmas single was a really cool idea when they started it, too bad they botched that, Big Bold and Free was awesome...oh wait, the Vault is a sweet place to buy all those old bootlegs...er...nevermind. ;)

For me, it is worth it for the chance to get tickets though.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    It is only $25 and that's worth it to me just for the tickets.

I've never had a gripe with the 10C. They've always been helpful the very few times I've needed help. I've never gotten shut out of tickets (even the Vic). But I guess that just makes me lucky.

You get the annual record, you get Deep, you get a shot at tickets. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know they are slow with info and sometimes promise and don't deliver (Vault, Big Bold Free, etc.), but if it wasn't for them, we would all be trying to get our tickets from Ticketmaster and/or scalpers for every show and fuck that. That's one reason why I don't go see a lot of other bands.

The source of my frustration is the band sometimes and their management and the fucked up way they do tours, or don't do them.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    y'all should be paying the $25 just to read my posts. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    dunkman wrote:

It seems we already are. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I personally liked the latest Deep Magazine-got it on Saturday. Tides me over for a little while, and I forgive 10C for being late to their own funeral with the holiday single.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Like a lot of us, I think they are up to something....we just have to wait and see what that something is.

Brought to you by Captain Obvious.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • dunkman wrote:

pfffff....i'd pay at least $25.50 to read your posts Dunky!! ;):mrgreen::lol: