what is this fanclub up to?

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Let me first say that I love Pearl Jam to death. But i'm starting to hate this fucking fan club. Are PJ even that close to it? I wonder. I joined four months ago and for my money have got the privelege of being able to post topics on a forum. WTF?? Yes you can remind me as the fan club did in their feeble email that I have had the opprtunity to purchase pre sale PJ tickets. But so what?? I love seeing the band, but the only info i've got means having to open up my wallet again- which is usually empty. Brad are back- so what? i live halfway around the world. Ok that can be forgiven I may have been a fan living in the Seattle area and the fan club were not to know that. But still I'm pissed. Where is my Deep magazines?? Aren't we supposed to recieve something like 3 or 4 a year or something. Also and I am not sorry to say this I am pissed at PJ where is our christmas single? Lazy is not an excuse anymore. I know you all worship PJ and everything. But come on I can't be the only one pissed here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pretty sure no one forced you to join.
    Would have prefered to not have one more negative person adding their two cents...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    f3a87df9.jpg
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Let me first say that I love Pearl Jam to death. But i'm starting to hate this fucking fan club. Are PJ even that close to it? I wonder. I joined four months ago and for my money have got the privelege of being able to post topics on a forum. WTF?? Yes you can remind me as the fan club did in their feeble email that I have had the opprtunity to purchase pre sale PJ tickets. But so what?? I love seeing the band, but the only info i've got means having to open up my wallet again- which is usually empty. Brad are back- so what? i live halfway around the world. Ok that can be forgiven I may have been a fan living in the Seattle area and the fan club were not to know that. But still I'm pissed. Where is my Deep magazines?? Aren't we supposed to recieve something like 3 or 4 a year or something. Also and I am not sorry to say this I am pissed at PJ where is our christmas single? Lazy is not an excuse anymore. I know you all worship PJ and everything. But come on I can't be the only one pissed here.

Don't get pissed because if you get pissed then you'll not renew and if you don't renew we won't get any insight into exclusive tourdate and setlist news :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    norm wrote:
    f3a87df9.jpg
    :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    It's not the "xmas" single anymore...its the annual single, I think. Honestly...that's how its mentioned when you sign up.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    yup...here it is:

We have received your membership/renewal fee and you are now officially
    geared up to receive all of the Ten Club benefits throughout the upcoming
    year with Pearl Jam.

You will enjoy:

-Newsletter
    -An Annual Gift
    -Contest Eligibility
    -Exclusive Merchandise and Ticketing Offers
    -And any other cool PJ staples that we may come across.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    the best thing be a member of this club is that u have the chance to meet amazing and great people that they love music.and u make friends for a life time..exept,tix-deep mag -holiday single...sent me your paypal acount and i ll sent u your 25$ back ,close them in your wallet,just for u to get out and stop to break this great spirit..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lol, that's funny. Yes I suppose I am a whiny little girl. It isn't how I wanted to come across. At the same time you can't keep defending something just because your a member/fan. Seriously 4 months and nothing..... I'm also I am sorry that I know some tour news or venues being booked by the band before it is released on this website- I thought I was just helping.
    Lol, that's funny. Yes I suppose I am a whiny little girl. It isn't how I wanted to come across. At the same time you can't keep defending something just because your a member/fan. Seriously 4 months and nothing..... I'm also I am sorry that I know some tour news or venues being booked by the band before it is released on this website- I thought I was just helping.
    offer still up..do us the favor..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ok sorry to everyone. I fucked up with this thread. Hands up but please don't shoot. Sorry again. i am a whiny little fuck that needed to be shut up. Peace.
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Pretty sure no one forced you to join.
    Would have prefered to not have one more negative person adding their two cents...

Well said...............Good things come to those who wait,so suck it up like the rest of us!!! 8-)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
    Ok sorry to everyone. I fucked up with this thread. Hands up but please don't shoot. Sorry again. i am a whiny little fuck that needed to be shut up. Peace.
    i like u... :thumbup:
  • Whiny little fucks belong in Sawyer's threads... not your own.
    :lol:
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Lol, that's funny. Yes I suppose I am a whiny little girl. It isn't how I wanted to come across. At the same time you can't keep defending something just because your a member/fan. Seriously 4 months and nothing..... I'm also I am sorry that I know some tour news or venues being booked by the band before it is released on this website- I thought I was just helping.

Sorry but we enjoy it on on here, this PJ community. There is a tolerance level for bullshit you learn to live with around here and it's not worth sticking around if you're easily offended. PJ fans are demanding, fickle and downright rude like in any other walk of life but they're also helpful, funny, generous, charitable and as fanatical as you are. I'm going to meet many of these souls on tour I'm sure and I look forward to it as much as the tour itself. Posting rumours or gripes always brings the same reaction here so you should learn that complaining usually results in, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out jibes which I've also experienced so you can live with that or enjoy the ride. Are you going on this tour because that would surely make you happy :D Nobody means any harm on here and we all wait for news, gifts etc but the main thing for most is the 10c tickets and the forums. Make of it what you wish friend. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    welcome...you couldn't be more right....and notice that the eternal optimists are the ones who have their tour coming.....i agree w/ you and the sheep won't.....keep venting
    rebel_without_a_cause.jpg
    veddertown wrote:

Sorry but we enjoy it on on here, this PJ community. There is a tolerance level for bullshit you learn to live with around here and it's not worth sticking around if you're easily offended. PJ fans are demanding, fickle and downright rude like in any other walk of life but they're also helpful, funny, generous, charitable and as fanatical as you are. I'm going to meet many of these souls on tour I'm sure and I look forward to it as much as the tour itself. Posting rumours or gripes always brings the same reaction here so you should learn that complaining usually results in, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out jibes which I've also experienced so you can live with that or enjoy the ride. Are you going on this tour because that would surely make you happy :D Nobody means any harm on here and we all wait for news, gifts etc but the main thing for most is the 10c tickets and the forums. Make of it what you wish friend. :D
    Its all ok..our friend from France,got it..i hope we meet him on tour ;)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I only really joined, because if you don't you have no chance at good tickets, ive been to 2 great pearl jam concerts, where i was up in the rafters surrounded by people who knew maybe 4 songs off of TEN, its a spirit killer. Next time i wana be down on the floor surrounded by people who know every word to every song
    PJ ever wrote!!! I've been to a Green Day and a Weezer concert like that, two of the greatest night ever!!!
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i'm only in the fan club for tickets. i couldn't care less about deep magazine. i look at it for 10 minutes the day it comes and then i throw it in a pile on my desk never to be seen again. i guess the christmas single is cool but i don't have a record player so they are meaningless to me.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Bump !! :o
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2010
    :|
    Post edited by cdp1223 on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    cdp1223 wrote:
    waaaambulance-23284.jpg

vadered
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    What's funny is, it only took the guy 4 months to realize that things don't really make sense with the 10 club. To answer the question in the message title, we have no idea what the fanclub is up to because they don't tell us anything.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    edited March 2010
    Got a feeling within 48 hours your really gonna be regretting this thread. You'll likley get your Deep magazine tomorrow and it sounds like we will be getting tour news very very soon.
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Got a feeling within 48 hours your really gonna be regretting this thread. You'll likley get your Deep magazine tomorrow and it sounds like we will be getting tour news very very soon.
    he got tour,pearl jam playing in his country at 3th of July...he ask sorry already..
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    A whole four months. You deserve answers. They need to keep you in the loop. What the hell are they thinking? I can't wait to see your post after you get your first pair of 10 club tix.
    Things were different then
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    edited March 2010
    Ok sorry to everyone. I fucked up with this thread. Hands up but please don't shoot. Sorry again. i am a whiny little fuck that needed to be shut up. Peace.

Seriously, you joined FOUR MONTHS AGO!!! What did you expect to happen? Did you think your life was going to be different? Was the cancer going to go away? Were you suddenly going to have a personality? Seriously, you've been a member FOUR MONTHS and you are already this pissed off?

The Ten Club does not control tour schedules, but when PJ does tour we get a chance at GREAT SEATS! The Ten Club is sending out the latest Deep magazine, so you'll be happy about that. You'll get your annual vinyl, you just might not get it Chistmas day. Do you even have a record player?

FOUR MONTHS. Wow.

Everbody that is mad at the Ten Club should be mad at Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff and Matt. The Ten Club doesn't have tours to announce anymore, or actual legs of tours to announce anymore, because Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff and Matt don't want to tour any longer than two weeks at a time. They also don't want to not make money, so they announce shows one at a time in case the first ones aren't selling. Has nothing to do with the Ten Club.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

Seriously, you joined FOUR MONTHS AGO!!! What did you expect to happen? Did you think your life was going to be different? Was the cancer going to go away? Were you suddenly going to have a personality? Seriously, you've been a member FOUR MONTHS and you are already this pissed off?

The Ten Club does not control tour schedules, but when PJ does tour we get a chance at GREAT SEATS! The Ten Club is sending out the latest Deep magazine, so you'll be happy about that. You'll get your annual vinyl, you just might not get it Chistmas day. Do you even have a record player?

FOUR MONTHS. Wow.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

FOUR MONTHS. Wow.

the bolded part is my favorite

:lol::lol::lol:
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

FOUR MONTHS. Wow.

Woops. I read it as sarcasm originally.