Montage Mountain-Scranton PA

Comments

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    DS114969 wrote:
    maverick wrote:
    There's only about 6,800 seats under the big top, so even if they are all reserved for 10C, that's only 3,400 pairs....

I'm just saying what I saw posted...Assuming he wasn't making it up, he obviously wouldn't mean every seat in the 200s. Since the post is now gone, either he erased it or it was deleted by the mods....
    FYI: the mods would not delete such a post, even if it was 100% true (at least if they did it would be inconsistent with past practice).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Been there twice. Not very fan friendly, but for Pearl Jam I will suffer. :D
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    Totally 100% confirmed!

http://tinyurl.com/PearlJamNEPA
    Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
    Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
    First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
    Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
    Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
    Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
    PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
  • They'll never play there. It'd be sweet if they did because my mom's house is like 15 minutes away....but it'll never happen.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • State College is a much better venue, but both places would be great.
    Only a 1/2 hour from Scranton and a couple hours for tate College.
    Hope there is some confirmation soon!!!!! :D:D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    CW11331 wrote:
    Totally 100% confirmed!

Is anyone else pulling up a Rich Ashley video??? :? What is this??
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • CW11331 wrote:
    Totally 100% confirmed!

You've been "Rick-Rolled". It's an internet thing that gained popularity a few years ago. You post a link and call it one thing, but lead it to the Astley video. I've been rickrolled several times on youtube. Once I got rickrolled twice in the matter of 5 minutes on two different Metallica videos
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited February 2010
    CW11331 wrote:
    Totally 100% confirmed!

You've been "Rick-Rolled". It's an internet thing that gained popularity a few years ago. You post a link and call it one thing, but lead it to the Astley video. I've been rickrolled several times on youtube. Once I got rickrolled twice in the matter of 5 minutes on two different Metallica videos
    Post edited by Mahaloev on
    CW11331 wrote:
    Totally 100% confirmed!

Super funny... ;) but...no news still..."Rick-Rolled" :lol:
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    PA RULES
    i like sound...
  • How about instead of choosing Scranton or State College on May 7, just simply do a noon show at State College and an evening show at Montage. Seems very logistically possible and easy to pull off. And boy, the crew would LOVE pulling double duty that day. Lots of overtime.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Rick Astley rules.
    Rick Astley rules.

:lol:Never gonna give you up...
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    CW11331 wrote:
    Totally 100% confirmed!

64 posts... this guys is f.u.n.n.y.
    i like sound...
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    If they don't play Pittsburgh, I hope they play State College. Much easier drive for Pittsburgh people. Is Scranton their way of giving Philly people a show without playing "in Philly'?

But, seriously, if they play in PA I really hope it's Pittsburgh (or at least State College). Not to start a fight, but I'm pretty sure that side of that state has had enough love in the last 4 years...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    drew0 wrote:
    If they don't play Pittsburgh, I hope they play State College. Much easier drive for Pittsburgh people. Is Scranton their way of giving Philly people a show without playing "in Philly'?

No it isn't, thats the point I've been trying to make, pj would THINK thats what it would be but actually more pitt fans would show up because Philly fans would whine because it's not right in their back yard... this is not directed to any of you philly fans on hear, you all would go but it's the other philly pj "fans" that aren't even really fans they just go to a show when they can walk to it in less than 10 mins
    RiotZact wrote:

No it isn't, thats the point I've been trying to make, pj would THINK thats what it would be but actually more pitt fans would show up because Philly fans would whine because it's not right in their back yard... this is not directed to any of you philly fans on hear, you all would go but it's the other philly pj "fans" that aren't even really fans they just go to a show when they can walk to it in less than 10 mins

:lol: You know, it's really difficult anyway to get decent tickets to see a Philadelphia show because of that exact reason. I'm a true Philly fan. It's my home, it's where I grew up & have roots. Every place in Philadelphia Pearl Jam has been to when they first started out touring & making appearances, were at places where I hung out & socialized. Now that I'm older, I love traveling to hear them play in other places as well. I really enjoy the ride to State. Might shoot a little pool while there. & Scranton, is piece o' cake drive. Too bad the ski will be over by then (if they do perform there). To me, it doesn't matter at this point where they decide to go. Just play somewhere soon. ;)
    All these talks of touring are making me super duper tense. :lol:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    RiotZact wrote:

:lol: You know, it's really difficult anyway to get decent tickets to see a Philadelphia show because of that exact reason. I'm a true Philly fan. It's my home, it's where I grew up & have roots. Every place in Philadelphia Pearl Jam has been to when they first started out touring & making appearances, were at places where I hung out & socialized. Now that I'm older, I love traveling to hear them play in other places as well. I really enjoy the ride to State. Might shoot a little pool while there. & Scranton, is piece o' cake drive. Too bad the ski will be over by then (if they do perform there). To me, it doesn't matter at this point where they decide to go. Just play somewhere soon. ;)

Then that post wasn't directed to you my friend ;) I'll just never forget philly night 1 when everyone around me was wondering what song they were playing if it wasn't from ten or versus or a hit and then whining cus they didn't play jermey, alive, and even flow... and one guy had the nerve to tell eddie to "shut up and play something" when he was telling one of his awesome stories.
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Then that post wasn't directed to you my friend ;) I'll just never forget philly night 1 when everyone around me was wondering what song they were playing if it wasn't from ten or versus or a hit and then whining cus they didn't play jermey, alive, and even flow... and one guy had the nerve to tell eddie to "shut up and play something" when he was telling one of his awesome stories.

I hear you loud & clear. Life now a days has changed so much & the meaning gets lost about it all somewhere down the line. Shit, I didn't know too much about Pearl Jam when was I was 15. I loved their music though. I was hanging out in a small park in Philadelphia skating, chilin @ the Troc until 11 or so, or the Rivival, & Pearl Jam was performing there after hours once all the kiddies left the building. I love the fact that I've grown up with the music of Pearl Jam, because I truly do enjoy hearing Ed's stories about life & change. I know I've got few stories of my own as well. Times are so different now & all that matters my friend is, that you get it & you feel it, the realness. Nothing else matters. Fuck it, I'm all in for Montana @ this point. :lol:
  • RiotZact wrote:
    drew0 wrote:

Scranton is nowhere near Philly.
    RiotZact wrote:
    drew0 wrote:

Absolutely...nowhere near Philly :eh:
    RiotZact wrote:
    drew0 wrote:

LOL, it is 2 hours. 2 hours. Not much more than Toronto to Buffalo...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • The trip would take about 2hrs & 45 min from NYC ( not during rush hour ).
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • BeerBaron wrote:

More like 2-1/2 to 3 hours, unless you're doing 90 on the turnpike.
    BeerBaron wrote:

More like 2-1/2 to 3 hours, unless you're doing 90 on the turnpike.
    That was based on Google Maps, which is usually above the actual driving time since it calculates your time based on the speed limit. I've never done the drive myself, so you would know better than I...
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i grew up in scranton. you can be there from nyc and philly in 90 minutes. i used to go to shows regularly in both cities and it would always be 3 hours round trip.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    I live in Wilkes Barre which is 15-20 minutes from Scranton and Montage, from here Philly is about 2.5 hours, with traffic if you're lucky, cuz there's always traffic.

I really really hope pj does NOT play at Montage, sound sucks, and it isn't the nicest venue. Now on the other hand if they played at the now - Mohegan Sun Arena in WB, that would rock, sound in there is great, great venue, but it's smaller, think Kitchner in Canada... Also why wouldn't they play Saratoga again if there were looking for something smaller. And I think they would play Camden yards again or Mellon Arena in Pitts, or Albany if they were in the area, they could easily sell any of them out.

Of course if it happens i'll be there!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pj wrote:
    I live in Wilkes Barre which is 15-20 minutes from Scranton and Montage, from here Philly is about 2.5 hours, with traffic if you're lucky, cuz there's always traffic.

I really really hope pj does NOT play at Montage, sound sucks, and it isn't the nicest venue. Now on the other hand if they played at the now - Mohegan Sun Arena in WB, that would rock, sound in there is great, great venue, but it's smaller, think Kitchner in Canada... Also why wouldn't they play Saratoga again if there were looking for something smaller. And I think they would play Camden yards again or Mellon Arena in Pitts, or Albany if they were in the area, they could easily sell any of them out.

Of course if it happens i'll be there!

You REALLY REALLY hope they dont play 15 minutes away from you?? I dont care what ther venue is like, if they plan a show that close to me I won;t make a negative peep.

I dont remember them playing Camden Yards before. Is that when Cal Ripken played guitar on RITFW? I have that boot.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • choop wrote:
    i grew up in scranton. you can be there from nyc and philly in 90 minutes. i used to go to shows regularly in both cities and it would always be 3 hours round trip.

How frigging fast do you drive? It's more like 5 hours round trip.