CANADA VS RUSSIA MENS HOCKEY

123457»

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Quote from Nobokov after the game:

"It was like someone opened a cage and 25 angry Gorilla's came charging out"
    We actually played with some chemistry - they looked like a hockey team.
    Hope we can maintain that level and quality of play over the next two games.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    good to see the defense showed up :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Quote from Nobokov after the game:

LOL awesome!!

GO CANADA!!!!!!!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    What I like about that victory more than anything else is it sends the Russian home without a Gold. Before the NHL came they hid the players in the army and called themselves amateurs. All their olympic gold medals are tainted in my view. The IOC knew they were not amateurs but were to neutered to put a stop to it. I for one hope Russia never wins a gold medal in hockey again, they have not won since the NHL has been going. And as far as Ovechkin bitching and moaning thats he's playing in 2014 even if the NHL don't go then why didn't he stay in Russia and play in the KHL, this is why Crosby's the best player in the game, that what makes Crosby better than him, he will try and sell the game and makes himself available. Media reports suggested that Ovie was not making himself readily available.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    lukin2006 wrote:
    What I like about that victory more than anything else is it sends the Russian home without a Gold. Before the NHL came they hid the players in the army and called themselves amateurs. All their olympic gold medals are tainted in my view. The IOC knew they were not amateurs but were to neutered to put a stop to it. I for one hope Russia never wins a gold medal in hockey again, they have not won since the NHL has been going. And as far as Ovechkin bitching and moaning thats he's playing in 2014 even if the NHL don't go then why didn't he stay in Russia and play in the KHL, this is why Crosby's the best player in the game, that what makes Crosby better than him, he will try and sell the game and makes himself available. Media reports suggested that Ovie was not making himself readily available.

Even better without a medal!!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Quote from Nobokov after the game:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Now lets round round them up, put back in their cage till tomorrow, ;):lol: .

They were awesome last night. The big difference I noticed between the last 2 games and earlier is the puck is leaving their sticks much quicker after receiving a pass, not giving the goalie much time to react, I thought that was really evident in the US game, it seemed like they gave Miller those extra couple seconds to react, probably a timing thing that they've ironed out. I also thought Luongo was solid. Has anyone seen Thorton, he got a couple assist but he sure seems invisible in big games.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I have a subscription to the Hockey News...there was a recent cover edition featuring Ovy...by the sounds of the article, he gave THN about an 15 minutes of his time, while sitting in the stands of a basketball game, after committing to spend an afternoon with them. You could tell they didn't want to slag him cause of who he is...but the whole article was filler cause he'd blown them off.
    One of the next editions had both Crosby and Ovy on the cover to promote the Oly's - the pic of Crosby was a new one, in his Team Canada uni....the Ovy pic was superimposed onto the Crosby pic - an old one in his Caps uni :roll: It's his prerogative whether or not he plays the media/promo game...but Crosby is in Gretzky's league as an ambassador of the sport, and he'll be remembered as such.....Ovy is no different than most of the Russian's in their attitude toward the game - selfish....and will be remembered as such. I think that attitude does carry to the ice as well...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The big difference I noticed between the last 2 games and earlier is the puck is leaving their sticks much quicker after receiving a pass, not giving the goalie much time to react, I thought that was really evident in the US game, it seemed like they gave Miller those extra couple seconds to react, probably a timing thing that they've ironed out. .
    Totally agree. That one passing play in the first period was the nicest non-goal I've ever seen....