FOR SALE ITW (SEALED), LOST DOGS & AVOCADO VINYLS (OPENED)

13»

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man, people really get this worked up over a record? Let the man live and make a few bucks, it's his record he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

Not just one record but a lot of his other items....

To me, this is really a lost cause to be honest with you.

It's like lice laying eggs everywhere... nits...then louse. I'm not talking about the person being an egg, nit, or lice (so I am not calling anybody names here)... but the behavior/attitude itself.

I'm tired of people lying left and right... and not holding themselves accountable and be honest. Stop the blaming and finger-pointing at others to justify their own actions.

I'm also tired of people not caring about others to improve for the betterment of others.... but only out for themselves or/and just doing something 'cause they expect something in return.

I wish I hadn't visited the board today.... was curious about the review on Mike McCready's Haiti show...and had to click on this thread. :roll: I need to work on filtering out threads I shouldn't bother to click *and/or* even the need to respond...the finger do have the power!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    IamMine wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man, people really get this worked up over a record? Let the man live and make a few bucks, it's his record he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

It's like lice laying eggs everywhere... nits...then louse. I'm not talking about the person being an egg, nit, or lice (so I am not calling anybody names here)... but the behavior/attitude itself.

I'm tired of people lying left and right... and not holding themselves accountable and be honest. Stop the blaming and finger-pointing at others to justify their own actions.

I'm also tired of people not caring about others to improve for the betterment of others.... but only out for themselves or/and just doing something 'cause they expect something in return.

I wish I hadn't visited the board today.... was curious about the review on Mike McCready's Haiti show...and had to click on this thread. :roll: I need to work on filtering out threads I shouldn't bother to click *and/or* even the need to respond...the finger do have the power!

Fair enough, seems like it is a problem you have had with specific people so who am I to get involved.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fair enough, seems like it is a problem you have had with specific people so who am I to get involved.

Yeah, and I am not asking people to get involved with my problem on this. Thanks.
    ~Q Magazine

• IamMine wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not everyone is the same in here...ive never sold in the forum but have given away stuff twice.the lowest bid contest and a vinyl to another 10c member.all for free .
    i still cant see the problem with other selling goods.if you can afford what the are asking you might get it.if not you look else where and get a cheaper deal.
    why are we pointing fingers at one member selling a record ,its his to do as he feels fit.and if someone wants to pay that price thats also up to them..

not everyone is the same in here...ive never sold in the forum but have given away stuff twice.the lowest bid contest and a vinyl to another 10c member.all for free .
    i still cant see the problem with other selling goods.if you can afford what the are asking you might get it.if not you look else where and get a cheaper deal.
    why are we pointing fingers at one member selling a record ,its his to do as he feels fit.and if someone wants to pay that price thats also up to them..

Ah I am not really in the mood to argue...and stir things up.

That's your view on this...and it's different for me, it's more than that for me.

As for your last statement, it's not so black and white as you pointed out because I am pretty sure that almost everyone can understand that concept.

I fear that if I go into details why with facts along with the evidence, it'll get worse and getting people all riled up again and it'd still get nothing changed...just getting more people giving in their 2 cents on why they support this or don't support this. Then others getting serious by taking sides and calling names, to the point where banning occurs. Still no accountability. No thanks.

Looks like Mike put on a great show.
    ~Q Magazine

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    This guy is really annoying. He is a grown man(37) who frequents this site like a teenager. All he does is come on here and pawn his shit. This board is getting annoying!!!
    This too shall pass.....
  • 5against1- wrote:
    This guy is really annoying. He is a grown man(37) who frequents this site like a teenager. All he does is come on here and pawn his shit. This board is getting annoying!!!

and makes trades, gives away posters, donates money to good causes and stirs up simple-minded people who think a Pearl Jam Board is reality

I really think that people like you who go to such lengths are amusing, nothing more...look at all the commotion caused with me doing virtually nothing

Correct, I am a 37 year old grown man...anyone can read my profile and find this out...most of Pearl Jam's fan base is in their 30's...get over it

At least I don't send threatening, ridiculous PMs to people who I don't even know :lol:;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    The price this vinyl album is going for is fucking nuts. And it's a shame that people even flip un-opened music. I'd love a copy of this in my collection but a wise man sets his limits. All music should be listened to and enjoyed as often as possible. To hoard music or use it as a means for Green is a sin. Just had to add my cents on this subject.
    ~JzP
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    this thread is another blinding example that some people have far too much time on their hands. There I said it.....

if this really is that important to you, you must have a hassle and stress free unworried life.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited March 2010
    JzP wrote:
    The price this vinyl album is going for is fucking nuts. And it's a shame that people even flip un-opened music. I'd love a copy of this in my collection but a wise man sets his limits. All music should be listened to and enjoyed as often as possible. To hoard music or use it as a means for Green is a sin. Just had to add my cents on this subject.

As vinyl/music can be collectable, it's a commodity. The whole idea of collecting is that you anticipate what can become a 'collectible', take the risk and buy when it comes out/is cheap and then, resell at a profit if you were right and the item's value has increased. Just like comics and any other art.

People get emotional here because they see something they want go for prices beyond their means. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm afraid.

Whether this board is the right place to whore your ebay auctions, I don't know....
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Hey Snoop.

Have a nice day.

Dave
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    this thread is another blinding example that some people have far too much time on their hands. There I said it.....

if this really is that important to you, you must have a hassle and stress free unworried life.

This is right on the money. I don't understand what the big deal is here. I am actually the person who bought the opened ITW from Snoopy. It was the last PJ vinyl I needed and I got a clean copy for a fair price IMO. Everyone can come on here and whine and complain that something that originally sold for $30 is now worth over $200 but that's Econ 101 for items limited in quantity. People come on here with '96 and '98 posters all the time that are even more inflated when compared with their original price. If people are willing to pay those prices how can others get so upset about it? I guess I'm just missing the point.

I really only come on this website for news about tour dates and to see if anyone is looking to unload posters and vinyl. It's sad but any time someone asks a question he/she gets ripped on for not being a big enough fan. Or I guess we should just have 100 threads like "what is the best 4-song block from a PJ album released in an odd numbered year?" Would that be better than being able to come on here and find a vinyl/poster/other item you really want?

I wanted an open copy so I could pay a little less because I will be keeping and playing the record consistently. Would I have accepted a copy for $50? Of course! But I'm not going to sit around and wait for an item to only increase in price if I want it now. If I was willing to pay that price why do any of you care?

If it's because he came on here to advertise his auction you can forget about that too. I was already watching that and 100 other auctions before seeing Snoopy start this thread.

Thanks for reading and hopefully everyone can fall off their high horse now.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    JB58395 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

This is right on the money. I don't understand what the big deal is here. I am actually the person who bought the opened ITW from Snoopy. It was the last PJ vinyl I needed and I got a clean copy for a fair price IMO. Everyone can come on here and whine and complain that something that originally sold for $30 is now worth over $200 but that's Econ 101 for items limited in quantity. People come on here with '96 and '98 posters all the time that are even more inflated when compared with their original price. If people are willing to pay those prices how can others get so upset about it? I guess I'm just missing the point.

I really only come on this website for news about tour dates and to see if anyone is looking to unload posters and vinyl. It's sad but any time someone asks a question he/she gets ripped on for not being a big enough fan. Or I guess we should just have 100 threads like "what is the best 4-song block from a PJ album released in an odd numbered year?" Would that be better than being able to come on here and find a vinyl/poster/other item you really want?

I wanted an open copy so I could pay a little less because I will be keeping and playing the record consistently. Would I have accepted a copy for $50? Of course! But I'm not going to sit around and wait for an item to only increase in price if I want it now. If I was willing to pay that price why do any of you care?

If it's because he came on here to advertise his auction you can forget about that too. I was already watching that and 100 other auctions before seeing Snoopy start this thread.

Thanks for reading and hopefully everyone can fall off their high horse now.
    i believe the same like u said ,only my por english dont help me to write so long one :D
    the only plus i need to say is this
    10c in limited edition items must allowed one per number..
    exable is the posters of 2009
    ebay prices are almost the same as the value of the poster now..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hey Snoop.

Have a nice day.

Dave

Thanks Dave...

Crispin+Glover+-+Rubin+Farr.jpg

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

I can't wait to see everyone freak out now! :lol:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    IamMine wrote:

blah blah blah

It's like lice laying eggs everywhere... nits...then louse. I'm not talking about the person being an egg, nit, or lice (so I am not calling anybody names here)...

blah blah

you seem to know a lot about lice... just saying

:mrgreen:
    IamMine wrote:

blah blah blah

It's like lice laying eggs everywhere... nits...then louse. I'm not talking about the person being an egg, nit, or lice (so I am not calling anybody names here)...

blah blah

you seem to know a lot about lice... just saying

:mrgreen:

;) I do...actually, unfortunately!! Four kids...it was awful last summer/fall!

And what's really funnier is that after I made that post, my youngest daughter came home from school where they were educating about lice.... and she said, "Mom, do you know how an egg is stuck on the hair? The louse sticks the glue on the egg to the hair!"

:P
    ~Q Magazine

• In an attempt to inject a touch of reality, I sincerely hope none of your kids were at the school in Detroit where the explosion occurred...I saw it on the news today and I know that IamMine lives around there (according to her profile info)...so all sarcasm and board nonsense aside, I actually thought about you today when I saw the news and wish you and yours well...I confess I was at the gym, so I saw it with no volume, so I know not of the outcome or if anyone was hurt...just a scary situation all around, I have two young children myself....I would have PM'd you, but with our "past" I thought this would be best...

Sincerely,

Snoopy
    In an attempt to inject a touch of reality, I sincerely hope none of your kids were at the school in Detroit where the explosion occurred...I saw it on the news today and I know that IamMine lives around there (according to her profile info)...so all sarcasm and board nonsense aside, I actually thought about you today when I saw the news and wish you and yours well...I confess I was at the gym, so I saw it with no volume, so I know not of the outcome or if anyone was hurt...just a scary situation all around, I have two young children myself....I would have PM'd you, but with our "past" I thought this would be best...

Sincerely,

Snoopy

Thank you and yes, that was scary news...though I am not surprised, unfortunately. They've closed over 100 schools in the last 4 years alone and the resources and quality of education in Detroit is terrible. Emotions are continuing to run very high and affecting more kids daily.

Fortunately no students were injured. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22726704/detail.html

We do not live inside Detroit but not too far outside, about an hour away... we tend to say that if we live in an unfamiliar city outside of Detroit to out-of-state people.
    ~Q Magazine

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    In an attempt to inject a touch of reality, I sincerely hope none of your kids were at the school in Detroit where the explosion occurred...I saw it on the news today and I know that IamMine lives around there (according to her profile info)...so all sarcasm and board nonsense aside, I actually thought about you today when I saw the news and wish you and yours well...I confess I was at the gym, so I saw it with no volume, so I know not of the outcome or if anyone was hurt...just a scary situation all around, I have two young children myself....I would have PM'd you, but with our "past" I thought this would be best...

Sincerely,

Snoopy
    No better way to bump that first post with the newly edited ebay listings (8 minutes before this post) than to 'inject a touch reality'...
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Hey dr,

Remember what momma said... "If you cant say something nice..."

and to prove that I can be a hypocrite too, and enjoy it...

why dont you go have a nice cup of shut the fuck up ;)

BUMP
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Hey dr,

BUMP
    Just calling it like it is... its one thing to bump a post about your own ebay auctions on a normal basis, but another to hide it behind a 'touch of reality.'

Of course everyone's a hypocrite, but you won't see me pimping my vinyl by bumping it up with tragedy.
  • drsluggo wrote:
    Hey dr,

BUMP
    Just calling it like it is... its one thing to bump a post about your own ebay auctions on a normal basis, but another to hide it behind a 'touch of reality.'

Of course everyone's a hypocrite, but you won't see me pimping my vinyl by bumping it up with tragedy.

You are quite justified in your opinion and your right to state it...I have said time and time again that this board is not reality...IamMine will surely understand the lack of a PM in this situation, as we are certainly not "pals"...just expressing something to her in an honest way...perhaps a time-out from scrutiny?

Perhaps not...

there are many bigger fish to fry...

and "pimping" vinyl, really.... :lol:

Like I set the demand for such things..... ;)