the new tour?

release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
edited February 2010 in The Porch
why cant they just tour in legs like back in the day , that way nobody would miss a show because they had to travel1000 miles to see them, i mean personally i like to travel, but others cant for many reasons, just saying i think the citys should be spread out more,,, :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    simple... family
  • Deadman wrote:
    simple... family
    Bingo.

They are getting a little older.

So are we. Remember that huge 2000 tour? a Europe Leg, and 2 huge 30 show legs in N.A.? That was 10 years ago. :o:o:o
  • Deadman wrote:
    simple... family
    Family???

They are home with their families for months and months and months at a time.....right????

2007?? They played how many shows??
    2008??
    2009?????

These guys have played how many dates in the last 3 years????

Cmon....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 60 shows in the last 3 years....

That leaves plenty of family time..........
  • 60 shows in the last 3 years....

That leaves plenty of family time..........

ahh yeah you see my view mate,,, so i sure will agree that 10 shows shoud be spread like jam across the states,(as well as our other countries) cause i dont know about you guys/gurls but i dont like biteing into my toast an having jam on part why no take the lil you have an spread it all over :mrgreen:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    U punny puck
  • i'm so sick of this "family" excuse! like they are the first fucking band to ever have kids!! give me a fucking break!!

it because of this Soundgarden bullshit!...someone should make Chris C. some cement shoes!....designer cement shoes that is! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited February 2010
    Family is the most improtant thing..But, Speedy is right..The pearl jam band members have plenty of time spend with their families..A regular Joe works 8 hours a day...So that gives 5-6 hours to spend with family each night...That is if you don't have something going on that night...Most people have the weekends off to spend with their families..But, to say pearl jam doesn't tour as much because of them getting older and they now have a families..Is totally bogus...

It is all about pick choice which city where they can make the most money..

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • i'm so sick of this "family" excuse! like they are the first fucking band to ever have kids!! give me a fucking break!!

it because of this Soundgarden bullshit!...someone should make Chris C. some cement shoes!....designer cement shoes that is! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
    These guys have played 60 shows in the last 1200 days.....

How much family time do they need????
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Let's not forget that they are definitely in a position to bring their family's along all or at least part of the time if they wanted to. Also, assuming they toured for four months and didn't return to the studio, that would still leave 8 months of 100 percent family time with no other obligations. I'm also sick of the family excuse fans make for this band.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City

all my married friends try to find as more free time away from the family :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The band/management picks which city they can make the most money at...With the way they announce the tour dates now...It is all about the money...Radiohead has their own record label..I do believe?....And they tour everywhere..Plus, I am sure that all of the radiohead band members aren't single..

Jeremy
  • if I was in their position I'd do exactly the same thing. Family is #1. Fans of my band: probably about #76 or so.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

Exactly.

Most people get two weeks off in a year's time to spend with family.

Of all of the reasons, family time, or lack thereof, seems it would be the least likely.
    Nice shirt.
    edited February 2010
    if I was in their position I'd do exactly the same thing. Family is #1. Fans of my band: probably about #76 or so.

How much time do they need to spend with their families?...I don't think any of can answer that for any band member....But, for crying out loud...Is six or seven months out of the year enough time spend with their families?....It is just a bogus excuse...

Jeremy
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • this is their job. they love it. however, NO MEMBER OF ANY BAND ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET OWES THEIR FANS A TOUR, LEAVING THEIR FAMILY BEHIND.

I would love to see the band again, but I don't feel I'm entitled to it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    this is their job. they love it. however, NO MEMBER OF ANY BAND ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET OWES THEIR FANS A TOUR, LEAVING THEIR FAMILY BEHIND.

Good Lord Johnny Guitar..Did you see the stats Speedy posted...60 shows in the last three years...My god how do they find time to spend with their famiies...I agree family comes first..But, they spend plenty of time with their families...If they want to cut back on touring because family?..Well that is their choice...

I know Ed stated in interviews they won't tour for more than three weeks at time..But, still they can tour more than they have lately..

Jeremy
  • this is their job. they love it. however, NO MEMBER OF ANY BAND ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET OWES THEIR FANS A TOUR, LEAVING THEIR FAMILY BEHIND.

Good Lord Johnny Sitar..Did you see the stats Speedy posted...60 shows in the last three years...My god how do they find time to spend with their famiies...I agree family comes first..But, they spend plenty of time with their families...If they want to cut back on touring because family?..Well that is their choice...

I know Ed stated in interviews they won't tour for more than three weeks at time..But, still they can tour more than they have lately..

Jeremy

Yes, I did see the stats. So what? 2 1/2 of those years they had no new album. Since when does ANY band tour without an album to promote? Not to mention I can't imagine how grueling touring is on the body, and those guys aren't 20 anymore. And nobody knows what their future touring plans are.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    if I was in their position I'd do exactly the same thing. Family is #1. Fans of my band: probably about #76 or so.

If all of their fans made Pearl Jam their 76th priority, they really wouldn't have to worry about touring any more, would they?
    U2 tours all the time..DMB tour all the time...Pearl Jam goes in first class when on tour...It isn't like they are riding on a junky ass tour bus...I don't buy the family excuse or getting older...

But, the band can do what they want..Their decision...Just will disappoint a lot of fans through out the U.S.A. when they play the same few selected cities over and over..

Jeremy
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Yes, I did see the stats. So what? 2 1/2 of those years they had no new album. Since when does ANY band tour without an album to promote? Not to mention I can't imagine how grueling touring is on the body, and those guys aren't 20 anymore. And nobody knows what their future touring plans are.

Pearl Jam comes to mind... in 2004... 2005... 2008.

• They are getting a little older.

So are we. Remember that huge 2000 tour? a Europe Leg, and 2 huge 30 show legs in N.A.? That was 10 years ago. :o:o:o

Remember that huge 2006 tour? A huge over 30 show N.A. leg, a Europe leg of over 20 shows, and an Australian leg? That was 4 years ago. ONLY four years...didn't get that much older.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • KevinR wrote:

They are getting a little older.

Remember that huge 2006 tour? A huge over 30 show N.A. leg, a Europe leg of over 20 shows, and an Australian leg? That was 4 years ago. ONLY four years...didn't get that much older.

hey why do i have to quote somebody on my own post? anyways what i was meaning is spread the jam if you are going to play 10 shows do it all over not in one spot :mrgreen:
  • First of all, the tour is not the only time they put in:

Ed's solo shows took time.
    Recording, mixing Backspacer took time.
    Rehearsal of a catalog of over 100 original songs to prepare for a tour takes time.
    The business aspects take time.
    Surfing takes time.
    And ultimatley, getting inspiration for creating new music takes time.

Who the hell knows how much time the guys have left over for their families.
    Think about it, they are probably a lot busier thatn you realize! :roll:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Yes, I did see the stats. So what? 2 1/2 of those years they had no new album. Since when does ANY band tour without an album to promote?

Exactly! Glad someone said it!

There was no new album to promote, so those 2 1/2 years of family time don't count! Why can't any of you see that? When we're talking a lack of family time, we're only counting family time spent when there is something to tour for.

It's like when someone is unemployed for 6 months... and then get a new job and have to work overtime the first 3 weeks... holy crap! They need a vacation, b/c all they've done is work since they started working!

:roll:
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    2003 Riot Act
    73 Total
    58 in North America
    10 in Australia
    5 in Japan

2004 VFC
    10 shows? Including Boston?

35 Total
    26 in North America
    9 in South America

73 Total
    38 in North America - However, 7 of these were as the opening band for Petty and/or U2. Also, most shows were muti-night stops in a very limited number of cities.
    23 in Europe
    12 in Australia

14 Total
    2 in North America
    12 in Europe

13 Total – all in North America

43 Total
    20 in North America (almost all repeats in very limited locations and some before Backspacer)
    16 in Europe (before Backspacer)
    7 in Australia/NZ
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    First of all, the tour is not the only time they put in:

Rehearsal of a catalog of over 100 original songs to prepare for a tour takes time.
    Surfing takes time.

Kool-aid is awesome.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    2003 Riot Act
    73 Total
    58 in North America
    10 in Australia
    5 in Japan

2004 VFC

35 Total
    26 in North America
    9 in South America

73 Total
    38 in North America - However, 7 of these were as the opening band for Petty and/or U2. Also, most shows were muti-night stops in a very limited number of cities.
    23 in Europe
    12 in Australia

14 Total
    2 in North America
    12 in Europe

43 Total
    20 in North America (almost all repeats in very limited locations and some before Backspacer)
    7 in Australia/NZ
    Dave Matthews plays 100 or so shows a year....
    First of all, the tour is not the only time they put in:

Surfing takes time.

I agree with the other projects band members have going on..But, rehearsal and recording..This isn't a job they don't for eight hours a day..They pick and chose when to do this and for how long..

Surfing isn't a excuse...That is a vacation and I am sure their families are with them..

Business aspect..I am sure they pay some to do all this for them...Paid well..

Family excuse is bogus excuse...Unless they tour pretty much all year around like U2 or DMB does.
  • Flagg wrote:
    2003 Riot Act
    73 Total
    58 in North America
    10 in Australia
    5 in Japan

2004 VFC

35 Total
    26 in North America
    9 in South America

73 Total
    23 in Europe
    12 in Australia

14 Total
    2 in North America
    12 in Europe

43 Total
    7 in Australia/NZ
    Dave Matthews plays 100 or so shows a year....

yeah but....Dave Matthews sucks!! ;):mrgreen: