What if Tiger retired from golf right now?

124»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Congrats to Phil he made the shots and he earned this one and he played the best out of all of them. I wasn't rooting for him, I wanted Westwood to win and The big cat guy played well considering the big layoff, he had everybody watching golf again.

The PGA and the players need him to play, the cat guy brings an audience to watch golf on the tube. BIG CAT will win the US Open heard it hear first.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• really? you think he will only play 5 professional events a year for the next what is it, 20 more years, a little over twenty years that he has left until he has to go to the senior tour? That seems a little light in terms of events. I could see him reevaluating his commitment to the game once he gets 19 majors, but, i cant imagine what you are saying
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I don't like Tiger for his temper tantrums on the course.
    He acts like a child sometimes.

Just wondering, have you ever played golf before? I don't think he throughs tantrums out there. He gets frustrated, I have never heard him swear, the worst he ends up saying is "God Damm It", and that isn't that bad. I've been there when playing golf, you get frustrated, could only think what the pressure of the Masters does to someone, when he expects nothing but the best.
    To me a tantrum, is snapping clubs, throughing them in a pond, thats a a tantrum[/quote]

You have never heard him swear?
    You do not watch this guy very often, do you?
    It was a pleasure to watch him struggle out there today.
    The little putt he missed on 14.Haha, gotta take your time,even on the short ones.
    Nothing has changed.Tiger is and always will be the biggest ass on any course he plays.
    Now we will see how he gets treated at his next tourney.Away from the heavy hand that is Augusta National.
    It was an exciting Masters as usual.
    How anyone can't enjoy major championship golf is beyond me.
    The shot Mickelson hit from the trees on 13 was one of the best I have ever seen.
    I wanted Westwood to win but congrats to Phil.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    really? you think he will only play 5 professional events a year for the next what is it, 20 more years, a little over twenty years that he has left until he has to go to the senior tour? That seems a little light in terms of events. I could see him reevaluating his commitment to the game once he gets 19 majors, but, i cant imagine what you are saying
    who says he's gonna play for the next 20 years or so. he can get to 25 majors and retire. it won't take him all of 15 years to get to 25 majors.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    really? you think he will only play 5 professional events a year for the next what is it, 20 more years, a little over twenty years that he has left until he has to go to the senior tour? That seems a little light in terms of events. I could see him reevaluating his commitment to the game once he gets 19 majors, but, i cant imagine what you are saying
    who says he's gonna play for the next 20 years or so. he can get to 25 majors and retire. it won't take him all of 15 years to get to 25 majors.

25 majors? Never. Ever. Happen.
    He will be lucky to get to 18.
    RoughMix wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

25 majors? Never. Ever. Happen.
    He will be lucky to get to 18.

You ARE dreaming RIGHT! Don't let your hate blind you or I gather you didn't think he would get 14 either.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Again, lots of haters in this thread. A strong showing from him this weekend. Was a bit wild and lost his putting at times but overall I was happy with how he played, definitely see him winning a major this year.
    You ARE dreaming RIGHT! Don't let your hate blind you or I gather you didn't think he would get 14 either.

Peace[/quote]

Every major that passes without this idiot winning makes it that much harder for him.
    I have been to many pro golf tournaments.Most before Tiger joined the tour.
    I know how players are supposed to act on the course.
    Golf is not basketball.There is a level of decorum that is to be followed.
    These acts of depravity that he has shown in his personal life are more examples of the character of the man.
    No surprise to me when it was revealed,because I had witnessed his petulant behaviour for years.
    He couldn't even look people in the eye.Had to wear sunglasses.
    After 14 years on tour all of a sudden he has allergies?
    Don't let his flashy style blind you to the fact that if you were to say "go Tiger"as he walked by you,
    He would not even give two shits,nor acknowledge your presence.
    You are nothing to him.Even if you are his #1 fan and buy all his Nike products.
    Tiger Woods is NOT bigger than the game of golf.
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Rough Mix wrote:
    Every major that passes without this idiot winning makes it that much harder for him.
    These acts of depravity that he has shown in his personal life are more examples of the character of the man.
    No surprise to me when it was revealed,because I had witnessed his petulant behaviour for years.
    Don't let his flashy style blind you to the fact that if you were to say "go Tiger"as he walked by you,
    You are nothing to him.Even if you are his #1 fan and buy all his Nike products.

Yup you're right he's not bigger than the game however he has brought the game to where it is today even you can see that. To where the casual fans and even non casual/non players will watch. I'm not his biggest fan but there's a reason after all this nonsense he's still the #1 player in the world. I like his chances to get to 18 compared to anybody else.

Peace

• RoughMix wrote:

gotta agree somewhat, he's kind of a twat. foul mouth that the cameras have picked up plenty of times in the past, huge ego, and doesn't give a hang about his fans, no matter the age. i've seen him shove small kids out of the way that were asking for an autograph. fuck this guy. never liked him, never will.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
    BTW love the casual play of Fred Couples and the steady play of Choi very pleasing to watch.

Peace

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    g under p wrote:
    BTW love the casual play of Fred Couples and the steady play of Choi very pleasing to watch.

Peace
    Agreed!! Those two were great to watch.

I thought Tiger was a sulky cry baby all day, and his interview afterward didn't do him any good. "I'll take some more time off to re-evaluate things".

Meanwhile Westood finishes second after leading all weekend, and is pleased with his results and is a really good sport.

I was really glad to see Phil win. That shot on 13 was sick.