Ten Club Members helping others.

PaulyWalliePaulyWallie Posts: 59
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Below are three posters you can win as a gift for donating to my mom. She is terminal with small cell cancer. A very generous 10c member donated these posters to my mom so she could have some relief on medical bills. There is a facebook page setup to keep friends and family informed on her progress.

This is a link to it.
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/ ... 7409531264

Here is how it is gong to work.

Make a donation of $5 pre chance you want to my PayPal account. (paulywallie @verizon.net) When you make payment make it as a gift. You must make payment as a gift by the time listed below to be in it. Payments NOT made as a gift will be returned!!!

Post under this how many chances you want. (Example: I’m in for 2, and then send $10 to PayPal account) This will let everyone know how many people are in it.

It will run till Feb. 25, 2010 12:00pm EST.

I will pull numbered tickets and the first ticket pulled will receive gift #1, second pulled receives gift #2, and third pulled receives gift #3.

I will video tape the drawing and post.

Winners will receive a PM so I can get the address to ship your poster. I will cover the cost of Shipping & Handling. If you are a winner and receive a poster please post here that you have received it.

Gifts!
#1: US 2006 tour poster & my Spin magazine you see in pix
#2: Europe 2000 tour poster
#3: Seattle 2000 tour poster

Thank You in advance to all that help my mom in her endeavors.
Paul
PM me any questions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaulyWalliePaulyWallie Posts: 59
    edited February 2010
    #1 Gift

SANY05271.jpg

Poster NOT mint
    Post edited by PaulyWallie on
  • PaulyWalliePaulyWallie Posts: 59
    edited February 2010
    #2 Gift

SANY05221.jpg

SANY05241.jpg

Poster mint
    Post edited by PaulyWallie on
  • #3 Gift

SANY05251.jpg

SANY05261.jpg

Poster mint
  • Hey Pauly,

My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your Mom. I sent through $10 for 2 entries.

Thanks
    PB
    ...and now i rub my eyes, for he has returned
    seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned
    for he still smiles...
    and he's still strong
    nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit that has grown
    and now he's home
    and we're laughing like we always did
    my same old, same old friend...
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    Hey Paul I'm glad to see they made it up. Good luck!

Kevin
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PM sent...

I would also like to help your mom out, by donating a couple of posters....

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    late afternoon bump to help a fellow PJ fan. donation being sent shortly. Best of luck and health to you and your mom
  • KC2917 wrote:
    Hey Paul I'm glad to see they made it up. Good luck!

Kevin
    Yes it took a bit of time but mom has been 24/7 care. This was the first chance I have had to do this. Thank You 10c members rock Peace!!! :D:o :P :!:
  • http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=123450

This is a great cause from a follow 10c member! He is putting together gift packages for the wounded troops. This is close to my heart sense I served in Desert Storm. He is looking to get bootlegs to put in with all the other gifts.
    a little 'before i put the kiddies to bed' bump for a good cause and a Vet and his mom....
  • Below are three posters you can win as a gift for donating to my mom. She is terminal with small cell cancer. A very generous 10c member donated these posters to my mom so she could have some relief on medical bills. There is a facebook page setup to keep friends and family informed on her progress.

This is a link to it.
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/ ... 7409531264

Here is how it is gong to work.

Make a donation of $5 pre chance you want to my PayPal account. (paulywallie @verizon.net) When you make payment make it as a gift. You must make payment as a gift by the time listed below to be in it. Payments NOT made as a gift will be returned!!!

i will participate in this and i just have one question...im trying to do paypal(new account) and i see no option as to "gift". it appears i can send it to you(email addy) but i cant see any area of the screen where it says to donate specifically as a "gift"
    ugh i hate computers...can i just send it(paypal) to your address? i dont want the hassle of it getting returned to me if i do it wrong. any ideas? thanks
  • I'm more than happy to help. Donation will be sent shortly. All the best to your mom, whom I'm sure is very proud of you. Good luck and I hope you do very well with this.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Paul I've tried to send you several PM's but for some reason it doesn't work. Sorry if they went and you were bombarded. Wanted to say I was sending you $20 and wishing your mom all the best. I am sure she is very proud of her son for his selfless gesture to aid her while remembering his brothers in arms at this tough time. Peace, Joni
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    i will participate in this and i just have one question...im trying to do paypal(new account) and i see no option as to "gift". it appears i can send it to you(email addy) but i cant see any area of the screen where it says to donate specifically as a "gift"
    ugh i hate computers...can i just send it(paypal) to your address? i dont want the hassle of it getting returned to me if i do it wrong. any ideas? thanks

On the Send Money page, there's: To (Email or mobile phone). Under that is Amount. Then under that Purchase / Personal tabs. Purchase tab includes: Goods, eBay Items or Services. Click Personal tab. You should see: This money is being sent as a: Gift, Living expense, Payment owed & Other. Just click Gift then Continue. :)
  • demetrios wrote:

On the Send Money page, there's: To (Email or mobile phone). Under that is Amount. Then under that Purchase / Personal tabs. Purchase tab includes: Goods, eBay Items or Services. Click Personal tab. You should see: This money is being sent as a: Gift, Living expense, Payment owed & Other. Just click Gift then Continue. :)

Thank You for the help! :lol:
  • edit...damn puters...

money sent!

best wishes to you and yours :)

bump
  • edit doesnt bump
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    demetrios wrote:

Thank You for the help! :lol:

np! :geek:
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I donated Demetrios... hope Pauly's mom can get better, even though only idiots like Tampa 08's with folds and creases. :lol:
    thoughts are with ya Pauly and with that said, bump!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    The posters are on the way...

Hope this helps out!

Peace

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    The posters are on the way...

Hope this helps out!

Peace

:)
  • As of now there are 4 people in it with 10 chances sold for a total of $60.00

Peace!
  • Thanks for the update Paul. Got my confirmation from paypal, as I hope you did too. Take care. J

• Thanks for the update Paul. Got my confirmation from paypal, as I hope you did too. Take care. J

i'm liking our chances :)

but, more importantly...
  • ShiningStar I think you may have misunderstood my post. It had nothing to do with the odds but rather was an enquiry as to whether he received my donation since my attempts to pm him don't work here for some reason. Elwayvedder and Demetrios will both validate that I am not that kind of person and I really don't appreciate your assumption of my motives for donating, especially concerning something as serious as this. I plan to donate the poster to the Team McCready benefit if I am fortunate enough to win one. I hope that clarifies things to everyone, particularly Paul.

ShiningStar I think you may have misunderstood my post. It had nothing to do with the odds but rather was an enquiry as to whether he received my donation since my attempts to pm him don't work here for some reason. Elwayvedder and Demetrios will both validate that I am not that kind of person and I really don't appreciate your assumption of my motives for donating, especially concerning something as serious as this. I plan to donate the poster to the Team McCready benefit if I am fortunate enough to win one. I hope that clarifies things to everyone, particularly Paul.

yep, T Mama still gives her love, she just gives it away...you're good T Mama. I dont think anyone miss understood you. I know I didnt
  • As of now there are 4 people in it with 10 chances sold for a total of $60.00

Peace!

I miss typed it 5 people in it 10 chances!
  • ShiningStar I think you may have misunderstood my post. It had nothing to do with the odds but rather was an enquiry as to whether he received my donation since my attempts to pm him don't work here for some reason. Elwayvedder and Demetrios will both validate that I am not that kind of person and I really don't appreciate your assumption of my motives for donating, especially concerning something as serious as this. I plan to donate the poster to the Team McCready benefit if I am fortunate enough to win one. I hope that clarifies things to everyone, particularly Paul.

When you pay with PayPal it comes under your email address so I do not know any gifts by user name here. The best thing you can do is email me your user name. I also am having a problem with PM.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:paulywallie@verizon.net">paulywallie@verizon.net</a><!-- e -->
  • Ok 10c now for some thing hard to put in any good words. Mom is near the end of her fight. As of now it looks like hours. I just left her side for a min. to take care of the dogs and will be going back to her side soon. You all rock here and I will keep trying to update you but I know you understand if I take a min. to Just Breathe.

Love to all
    Paul
    Peace