I stopped bidding @ $1900.00

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    The double standards, and the complete bullshit, when it comes to peoples attitudes towards FLIPPING.....

Just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!

And it has for a few years now....

this cannot be argued with one bit, the flipping argument is hideous, people always have the righteous attitude to it thats its so wrong, but if someone offered them $1000 for their maui 98 they think thats ok because it was 12 years ago, the fact it cost $10 is quickly forgotten..

Although this vinyl isnt so much a flip but a good attempt to raise a little money to help someone out....I'd support it if I had stupid cash too. sadly i dont.
  • Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.

you could at least 3 benaroya sealed box sets...that makes me cringe
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.

you could at least 3 benaroya sealed box sets...that makes me cringe

but theres 2000 of them ;)
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    The double standards, and the complete bullshit, when it comes to peoples attitudes towards FLIPPING.....

Just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!

this cannot be argued with one bit, the flipping argument is hideous, people always have the righteous attitude to it thats its so wrong, but if someone offered them $1000 for their maui 98 they think thats ok because it was 12 years ago, the fact it cost $10 is quickly forgotten..

Although this vinyl isnt so much a flip but a good attempt to raise a little money to help someone out....I'd support it if I had stupid cash too. sadly i dont.
    First it was...

KILL the FLIPPERS!!!
    Report the flippers to the 10club!!!!!!

Now its...
    What people do with their own money is nobodys business!!!!!!

Better yet, is the 173 threads on this board, with people FLIPPING their posters......

Its just hard to keep up with whats right and whats wrong in the flipping industry......hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited February 2010
    SCREW A VINYL..GIVE ME A 2 WEEK TOUR ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Makes me want to spraypaint my BS vinyl white and throw it on ebay. :lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:
    Makes me want to spraypaint my BS vinyl white and throw it on ebay. :lol:
    If you are going to do it...
    Do it right....

Spraypaint 10-20 of them....
    Take the money and run!!!!!!!!
    pdalowsky wrote:

Just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!

First it was...

KILL the FLIPPERS!!!
    Report the flippers to the 10club!!!!!!

Now its...
    What people do with their own money is nobodys business!!!!!!

Better yet, is the 173 threads on this board, with people FLIPPING their posters......

Its just hard to keep up with whats right and whats wrong in the flipping industry......hehehehehehe

most of the posters from the early days I own i bought from flippers at the 'market rate'....I was just pleased to have the chance to buy them,......gasp I was actually glad for the flippers :shock:

someone selling a poster within a week of a show should be shot though of course :lol:
  • pdalowsky wrote:

most of the posters from the early days I own i bought from flippers at the 'market rate'....I was just pleased to have the chance to buy them,......gasp I was actually glad for the flippers :shock:

someone selling a poster within a week of a show should be shot though of course :lol:
    Oh I know...

If you flip a poster within a week....then you are a no good rat basterd flipping piece of shit....

BUT if you WAIT 2 weeks....And give some lame excuse like...."I need to feed my family...I need to pay my bills....I need to buy panty shields"....

Well then go right ahead, and flip as many posters as you possibly can......hehehehehe
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    BUT if you WAIT 2 weeks....And give some lame excuse like...."I need to feed my family...I need to pay my bills.... I need to buy panty shields"...

:lol:
  • demetrios wrote:
    BUT if you WAIT 2 weeks....And give some lame excuse like...."I need to feed my family...I need to pay my bills.... I need to buy panty shields"...

hehehehehe

Demetrios???

Are these guys gonna tour this year???? Or are we spending the summer listening to the Philly boots??? Oh Wait!!! hehehehe
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Yeah, that too. But I will say this, if I just went on a heater in Vegas playing blackjack and had 10k in my pocket, I would buy this and the $4500 EMEK print on ebay right now without thinking twice.

Man... I just discovered that EMEK print for the first time yesterday... what an absolute gem, I now have a new favourite poster... such a tragedy that I will never own one (unless I win the lottery)... too bad so few of them were made.

Damn you EMEK! That picture on ebeans of them ripped up above the urinal in the bathroom of that bar almost made me cry...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    demetrios wrote:

hehehehehe

Demetrios???

Are these guys gonna tour this year???? Or are we spending the summer listening to the Philly boots??? Oh Wait!!! hehehehe

sup! :)

Only 1 North American show I know of before they fly over to Europe for 2 months (June/July). I have though heard new's of show's in fall here in NA from a few friends. The 20th live show comes to mind (Oct 22nd 2010) and the show's around it. But for now, I guess we will be spending the summer listening to those Philly boots, but also 'watching' those Philly boots too! :mrgreen:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The real suckers are you guys.

I'm going to buy this for 3K or whatever it goes for ... and then... FLIP IT. It will be one more copy rarer once I have it... and I will hold it hostage on eBay...
  • drsluggo wrote:
    The real suckers are you guys.

I'm going to buy this for 3K or whatever it goes for ... and then... FLIP IT. It will be one more copy rarer once I have it... and I will hold it hostage on eBay...
    My kind of guy!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    I didn't bid a penny on it.......... :oops:
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Holy fuckballs...

Its at $2700????

Good Lord.....
    Holy fuckballs...

Its at $2700????

Good Lord.....

just saw that too.....wtf??

I ddint see the price hitting 3k but its likely now....especially when i saw the question that was posted there...
  • who gives a shit, really. Flippers, this auction, whatever. You need something better to do with your time if THIS makes you mad.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • who gives a shit, really. Flippers, this auction, whatever. You need something better to do with your time if THIS makes you mad.
    Mad??

Im not mad...

Im amused....

I am amused that some ding-a-ling would spend 3K on a fucking pearl jam Cd.....
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I might be blind but where does it say it's for charity?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Mad??Im not mad...Im amused....I am amused that some ding-a-ling would spend 3K on a fucking pearl jam vinyl.....
    Fixed
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    redrock wrote:
    I might be blind but where does it say it's for charity?

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=123113
    who gives a shit, really. Flippers, this auction, whatever. You need something better to do with your time if THIS makes you mad.
    Mad??

Im not mad...

Im amused....

:lol::lol: ding a ling :lol:

come on Speedy its a vinyl..... ;) and its white ;)

(who am i kidding I'd love this fucking thing!!!)
  • Mad??Im not mad...Im amused....I am amused that some ding-a-ling would spend 3K on a fucking pearl jam vinyl.....
    Fixed
    Oh well....

Then excuse me....

I should go ahead and bid $10,000....

hehehehehe

except I dont own a fucking record player.....
    Mad??

Im not mad...

Im amused....

you seemed pretty pissed at the "hypocricy" of the flipping argument.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Mad??

Im not mad...

Im amused....

pissed???

This place doesnt get me pissed.....

Its too damn funny to get pissed.......
    who gives a shit, really. Flippers, this auction, whatever. You need something better to do with your time if THIS makes you mad.
    Mad??

Im not mad...

Im amused....

genuinely i think he sees the funny side of the flipping debate.....people can be swayed when they have something to flip.....some people are so transparent its untrue.

their beliefs quickly disappear for a few bucks, i've seen it happen so many times.
  • ill sell you my white backspacer for $400.. just give me some time to finish it ..

white-paint-brush.jpg
    hehehehehehehehehehehe........................