Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whats special about this?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    what the fuck is wrong with people?
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    edited February 2010
    "Album cover can be signed by cover artist Tom Tomorrow, or not, as winning bidder prefers."

So the guy who sells this knows Tom Tomorrow and can have him sign LPs at will? Or does he have one signed and one unsigned copy lying around and trying to get rid of one? Either way, the price is impressive (not to say ridiculous).

Edit: I got it know, it's TT himself selling it... Good cause, but still.
    Post edited by Kloddz on
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • whats special about this?
    its white..and sign if u want..signed by cover artist Tom Tomorrow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Benzor wrote:

My sentiments exactly! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    whats special about this?

its white?? so what?

that much $ because its not black?

i don't get it and thats crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Benzor wrote:

hey, if someone has the money to throw around (especially for a good cause), who are we to judge?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Benzor wrote:

hey, if someone has the money to throw around (especially for a good cause), who are we to judge?

Fair enoughski.

I retract my comment as I didn't realise it was for charity.

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Benzor wrote:

not people. pearl jam fans. :)
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    this one is as good as mine... right where i want it...
  • whats special about this?

its white?? so what?

that much $ because its not black?

i don't get it and thats crazy
    me too,,i didnt bid ofcourse..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.
    Think of how many car payments you could make, with that kind of money....

Or think about how many weeks worth of food, you could buy with that kind of money.....

Or think about the 2 weeks you could spend in Cancun, with that kind of money......

How does somebody come home and tell the wife...."I just spent $2000 on a pearl jam CD"????
    Take me piece by piece.....

Or think about how many weeks worth of food, you could buy with that kind of money.....

Or think about the 2 weeks you could spend in Cancun, with that kind of money......

How does somebody come home and tell the wife...."I just spent $2000 on a pearl jam CD"????

I would hope the person who actually bids that much isn't someone who needs to take out a loan for an eBay auction.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

Yeah, that too. But I will say this, if I just went on a heater in Vegas playing blackjack and had 10k in my pocket, I would buy this and the $4500 EMEK print on ebay right now without thinking twice.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.

Because some people have that kind of extra money, i don't have it, but if i have humongous resources i would pay $2000, BUT like i said i don't have, SPEEDY the painful truth is... We are poor :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Think about how many posters you could buy with this money. A whole bunch of 96 and 98.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • why are poor people so concerned with what others do with their money?

worry about feeding your family, not about how the upper crust lives.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status

I would hope the person who actually bids that much isn't someone who needs to take out a loan for an eBay auction.
    $2000 for a backspacer CD???

I just cant imagine....

That same $2000 would go a LONG WAY when Pearl Jam announces their next tour. Pack up your bags, and go to Europe for a week or 2, and see a few shows.....

To each their own, people can spend their money any way they want too......But in my eyes, paying $2000 for a CD, no matter how much money you have in the bank, is just fucking ridiculous.....

i don't think you can write off a poster purchase.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

Yeah, that too. But I will say this, if I just went on a heater in Vegas playing blackjack and had 10k in my pocket, I would buy this and the $4500 EMEK print on ebay right now without thinking twice.

That kind of 'thinking' is crazy to me...people need to seriously prioritize and/or at least find some new fucking hobbies ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Benzor wrote:

Fair enoughski.

guys it doesnt really matter what its for, im sure the charity bit isnt why this is so high, its because its as rare as hell...first one ever sold in fact
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guys it doesnt really matter what its for, im sure the charity bit isnt why this is so high, its because its as rare as hell...first one ever sold in fact
    Exactly.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,530
    why are poor people so concerned with what others do with their money?
    worry about feeding your family, not about how the upper crust lives.

Exactly! I won't be surprised if somebody in the USA government office who reads Tom Tomorrow's work help out the cause & spend 5 to 10 grand. They got the cash. Maybe somebody with Pearl Jam might buy it & help out. You never know. Bitching about the price and why people out there are spending so much on it shouldn't worry you.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    If you have it then why not buy something you really want. For me that kind of money is what I will spend on the euro tour this year but if I had it spare I would buy it. I hope it goes to a nice home
  • pdalowsky wrote:

Fair enoughski.

Probably not, but a charity is benefiting and that's never a bad thing.

What people do with their money is their business but the fact of the matter is, most of us don't have that kind of money to spend on a vinyl. Don't get me wrong, if I had a spare £2,500, I would be bidding like a mofo.. but that would only be if I was stupidly finacially comfortable. I can see what Speedy's done, he's put the damn price into perspective. It is the first sold and it is a beautiful, personalised limited vinyl but, to someone like me (a person who loves vinyl no less!) it is only a thing... that doesn't mean I'm condemning the person who's bid $1,950 dollars, not at all, their money is their money.... it's just a shocking amount of money!

It's nothing to do with bitching about being poor, I don't have any responsibilties, i'm young and work full time, hell! i'm spending stupid amounts on the tour! but I still think that's a big amount of money.

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Ah . one of those scam LP's to get everyone to follow pj on twitter,facebook, myspace . lol . nice .

i like my black copy . and who the hell is Tommy blow me ?? :lol::lol:
  • The double standards, and the complete bullshit, when it comes to peoples attitudes towards FLIPPING.....

Just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!

And it has for a few years now....