Close Shaves

13»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Byrnzie wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    MY worst close shave has to be in Casco Bay, Big Lake Sebago Maine. I was taking care of my client when his son asked me if I wanted to take his aluminum canoe out and i said yes. Well just in the inlet in front of the house. Now prior to this I had never really been in a canoe by myself so i was new at this. Well I took it out and on the way back as i turned around a strong wind came up and tipped over the canoe. in doing so the canoe's edge or something very hard hit me on my head to unconsciousness.

I can just remember faintly slowly sinking to the bottom of the lake, arms in the air and sunlight fading then blackness. Up on top my client's son was watching all this, dove in found me sinking and brought me to the surface. I performed brief CPR till I became conscious. The odd thing about that inlet he lost a nephew right there in the very same spot years earlier from drowning.

They are a very wealthy family and still donate to various charities I'm apart of today. Oh this was 20 years ago this summer if he wasn't there for me i would have to *cancel Christmas* like Richard Pryor would say.

peace

Holy shit. I think this one definitely makes the grade.

That was the worse but Ione more I'll post it another time. Iwant to be more up beat today. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I had a close call and didn't even realize it at the time! :shock:
    A few years ago my boyfriend and I were in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. After a great night of much drinking, we were walking on a beach at some point after midnight. No one was around and it was a warm and very drunk out that night soooooo, we stripped off our clothes and jumped into the ocean for a swim. We were having a great time until the rip current got us and we went from splashing around with our feet touching sand, to very quickly being pulled out into the dark, desserted ocean.
    My boyfriend is a 2 time olympic gold medalist in swimming so I figured, he has this! I just grabbed on to him and he somehow managed to get us back to the beach. Not until the next morning when the sun came up and the drunk wore off did I realize how scary and dangerous it actually was! :o
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    autumn wrote:
    After a great night of much drinking, we were walking on a beach at some point after midnight. No one was around and it was a warm and very drunk out that night soooooo, we stripped off our clothes and jumped into the ocean for a swim.

You realize that the situation you put yourself in is the same plot of like 8 horror movies, right? :lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I know! I swear I'm not usually that stupid, but damn that mexican liquor, it makes you do stupid things!!! :lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    When i was about 12 or so I was at a friend's birthday party... her brother had always been a bit of a reckless idiot and was going to cut the cake. I had walked into the room and leaned over him to take a look at what the cake was like before he sliced a piece... Only he didn't so much slice like one normally would... rather he brought the knife up in the air quickly with both hands and tried to slice it like a serial killer would decapitate its victim... only my face was still looking over him.

I was quick enough to jump back but that knife came so close to my face I could feel it. 2 seconds later or if i had been leanig 2 inches further it would have gone straight through my face.

That guy was always a fucking idiot.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Oh, I forgot, a frame shop I worked in had a box of 60" tall glass (5' tall). Not unusual. The side of the box was opened, which is usual for glass as you're in and out of there enough.

I was working at a table on a framed piece when I hear "shing..." and the glass (which must have cracked on a 45 degree angle) fell sideways and just missed me and hit the table. It was like an angled giloutine.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10