*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• ^^^^^^He's a huge USC fan so I bet he is a Dodger fan. F**k him.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'm pretty sure he is a Dodgers fan. Think I've seen him in the in the LA hat somewhere before. Or was it Chad Smith?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

I'm pretty sure he is a Dodgers fan. Think I've seen him in the in the LA hat somewhere before. Or was it Chad Smith?

who's chad smith? fuck 'em both.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited March 2015
    Here are some photos from the game yesterday:
    Panik and Crawford stretching

Posey warming up Hudson

The Giants have put the WS logo on everything this year. Its even on the shirts of the vendors and security. The only part I dont like is that they only have all 3 WS signs together in one spot in the stadium. They took down the old ones and only have the 2014 one up most everywhere. Of course they put a beer vendor right in front of the spot with all three so you cant take photos with them.

Was a fun game. I had front row seats right along the first base line. Belt blasted one that had to be 420 feet. He is looking good so far. He also hit a double in the game. I think this will be his breakout season where we see a 280 average with 25 homers and 90 RBI's. They are batting Aoki in leadoff, Panik second, Pagan then Posey bfore Belt. He should get lots of chances with men on base. Its up to him to do the most with it.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    imalive said:

who's chad smith? fuck 'em both.
    Drummer for the Chili Peppers. Looks like Will Ferrell's lost twin brother. Oh and yes, they BOTH wore Dodger hats... fuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBOtQOO70Y
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    cdysinge said:

Here are some photos from the game yesterday:
    Panik and Crawford stretching

Posey warming up Hudson

The Giants have put the WS logo on everything this year. Its even on the shirts of the vendors and security. The only part I dont like is that they only have all 3 WS signs together in one spot in the stadium. They took down the old ones and only have the 2014 one up most everywhere. Of course they put a beer vendor right in front of the spot with all three so you cant take photos with them.

Was a fun game. I had front row seats right along the first base line. Belt blasted one that had to be 420 feet. He is looking good so far. He also hit a double in the game. I think this will be his breakout season where we see a 280 average with 25 homers and 90 RBI's. They are batting Aoki in leadoff, Panik second, Pagan then Posey bfore Belt. He should get lots of chances with men on base. Its up to him to do the most with it.

Great photos. I agree - hope Belt has a breakout season.
    most people seem to be with Aubrey on what he posted on faceturd:

"I'm pretty sure their (sic) wasn't a tear shed on behalf of all the players, and the coaches when he signed with Boston. It has always been about Pablo. He had the fans fooled but not the players! One of the biggest reasons he didn't want to come back is because the Giants made him workout on the treadmill every day! Pretty subre that was a driving force for him! Never the less [sic] he could have always been a legend in San Fran but ego always will come in to play when it comes to Pablo! Sorry for the rant just want to take up for the players who are there now holding their tongues, because they don't want to get in the middle of this! If you can't get along with guys like (Buster) Posey, (Madison) Bumgarner, (Matt) Cain, (Jeremy) Affeldt (sic), just to name a few, then maybe it's time to look in the mirror! Rant over!"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I really dont understand where Pablo is coming from. He burned his bridge in SF. That man could always have been remembered and adored in SF for not only helping bring a tittle to SF but 3 of them. He would have never paid for a drink or dinner anywhere near SF. Now, he's just a whinny over paid athlete.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

I really dont understand where Pablo is coming from. He burned his bridge in SF. That man could always have been remembered and adored in SF for not only helping bring a tittle to SF but 3 of them. He would have never paid for a drink or dinner anywhere near SF. Now, he's just a whinny over paid athlete.

I think Pablo's dumb ass agent steered him in the wrong direction. It doesn't take much for us SF fans to forgive and forget.....look at Zito, Timmy and Huff.....even with their crappy seasons they will be remembered fondly as long as they stay classy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    wouldn't it be a good thing to, maybe, you know, win a spring training game here and there?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    imalive said:

wouldn't it be a good thing to, maybe, you know, win a spring training game here and there?

But then they wouldn't be the Giants.

Isn't Pablo's agent his brother? Somebody should tell Pablo to keep his mouth shut.
  • Im worried until Pence gets back. They are leaving too many guys on base.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Enkidu said:

imalive said:

But then they wouldn't be the Giants.

Isn't Pablo's agent his brother? Somebody should tell Pablo to keep his mouth shut.
    not his brother.....some dope named Gustavo Vasquez.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • In the fantasy baseball league I loaded up on Giants towards the end of the draft. I snagged Cain, Belt and Casilla towards the end. Would have loved to get MadBum and/or Posey but they went a little earlier than I was willing to pay for them.

I have big plans for Belt. He is really the only guy tearing it up in spring training for the Giants. I believe by the end of the first half of the year Posey moves to 3rd in the order with Belt moving into cleanup and Pence 5th when he returns. I have been watching Belt since he was in AA and he finally looks to be the guy that was a top 10 prospect before he made it to the pros. He is showing better power then ever before and could really be in line for a .285 average with 30 homers and 90 RBI's. This might just be the fan in me but he was my favorite draft pick from last night. All in all I love my team. Here is the rosters after the draft *(my team is Dodgers suck of course): games.espn.go.com/flb/leaguerosters?leagueId=52834

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    another 10-zipper?

enough!!! :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Now I am getting worried as Bochey is worried. Buster Onlney's daily Blog:
    AMPA -- This is the time in spring training when you start evaluating results, Toronto Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos mentioned here Tuesday evening while perched on the visitors bench as some of the Blue Jays passed through the dugout before an exhibition game against the Yankees.

Rosters have been pared down to a manageable level, regulars are starting to play daily and are getting at least three plate appearances, and for those who are trying to win a last spot on a roster, a terrible outing could be decisive as staffers look for reasons to separate candidates.

These exhibitions don't actually count, but now they sort of do, as barometers of play, and it's notable that the first manager to really set off alarms about his team's spring performance is neither the Washington Nationals' Matt Williams, whose team is viewed as a candidate to run away from the field in the NL East, nor the Philadelphia Phillies' Ryne Sandberg, who runs his team amid low expectations. Even before the Giants have received championship rings for the third time in five seasons, San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy expressed some concern about his team's play, as John Shea writes.

Said Bochy: "We're not even close to being ready."

Here's more from Shea's piece:

The defending champs are 4-12-1 in the Cactus League with two wins in their past 13 games. Their ERA is 6.00, highest in the majors. Their .235 batting average and 18 errors rank near the bottom of the baseball pack.

"It's that time where we all better start playing a little better," Bochy said. "I know it's spring training, but this is as tough a stretch as I've seen even in the spring. All facets of the game, we're not doing anything very well right now. Pitching, swinging the bats, defense.

"So hopefully this day off will give them a chance to wash off these first couple of weeks, and they can come back and start picking it up in all areas."

The Giants are off Wednesday.

"We're just not swinging the bats with authority at all. We're not hitting any balls on the barrel," Bochy said. "It's really time of possession. These long innings really drain the guys on defense. You're not throwing strikes, it gets sloppy."

The Dodgers won 94 games last season, and while questions hover over the quality of their bullpen, the general perception is that they will be much better defensively, with more depth. The Padres also have improved thanks to a massive roster makeover, although to what degree remains to be seen.

Maybe Bochy's words will serve as the first warning to his players of the long road ahead, that the accomplishments of 2014 are over. Spring training results do not count, but even for the defending champions, they are beginning to matter.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Belt with another homer today. It looks like I will lose Rusney Castillo in our fantasy league as Mookie Betts is crushing it and will get the last starting outfield spot in Boston. I picked up Belt at the end of the draft based on what I had been hearing about his power stroke being back for the first time since he left aaa as insurance in case I needed another hitter. This one may actually end up working out.

Panik hit another one today as well. Good to see them getting some power that may help replace Sandoval.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Nice they responded a bit after being called out by Boch.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That race for the final starting spot is getting interesting. Timmy has been hurt and doing his normal act anyways. Pitches like Cy Young Timmy for a few innings and then gets hammered the next start. Vogelsong has looked like crap and then went and looked like 2012 Vogey yesterday throwing 4+ great innings. Crick and the young guys haven't done anything to earn it so I would assume Timmy wins it by default to start the season.

For overall I'm waiting to really form my opinion on this team until next week. I have tickets next Friday to see them play the Dodgers. I bought tickets behind home plate so I can really watch the pitchers command. Should be a blast.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    every one of our starters has a stratospheric spring ERA. let's hope the actual season goes a lot better.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • This should help with the misery that has been the Giants spring so far: espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12485525/mlb-penultimate-play
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    cheese please

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• My ultimate spring training day is here and I am so excited. A full day of beer, hot dogs and baseball. White Sox at Cubs at the new mini wrigley at 1:05pm. Smardizija is pitching which is awesome as I have him in the fantasy baseball league and this is a chance to see Bryant, Soler and all the cubs young hitters play as well.

Then its a 2 hour drive across the valley to go sit 7th row behind home plate watching Giants at the Dodgers new facility for a 7:05pm start. Greinke against one of the Giants young arms Heston. The Giants have been giving Heston an extended look this spring as he is on track to hit the big league squad next year and take either Lincecums or Hudsons spot in the order. So far so good although all the reports I read on him mentioned he only throws high 80's so his stuff may not translate at the top level. He is a sinker ball pitcher which has been crushing minor leaguers.

I will post some photos tomorrow of my day.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    we suck :bawling:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • We do but have you seen our lineups. I think Bochy has been playing more random minor leaguers than any other team this spring to help keep some of the older players fresh. I was shocked to see we are still pitching guys like Heston with only 1+ week left until the season starts. Almost every other team is now playing almost all regulars to get them ready. Starters are going 6+ innings yet we still have ours pitching 3 to 4 most games. I do really trust Bochy knows what he is doing and am trying to remain calm about it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Chad, the Lucky Charm!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • What an awesome day and best of all getting to watch the Giants kick the crap out of the Dodgers and deflating the Dodgers fans bubbles. It made me realize we will be just fine this season. I dont see a championship but we will not suck either.

I really don't like McGehee. Heston should have been throwing a shut out. McGehee booted the first ball hit in the first inning putting a runner on 1st. Next batter hit one up the middle that Crawford would have had easily but Adrianzana got the start and missed it by a foot. Next guy up hit one square up the middle for a hit followed by a hard hit double by Gonzalez. Had McGehee not fucked up and Crawford played it should have been runner on 1st when the double happened. Instead it was 3-0. Heston didnt even put another man on base until the 6th after that.

Dodgers under rated team smarts and defense and will not win the World Series. Crawford flubbed a routine fly ball that let the first two Giants runs score. The Giants played their game and kept putting the ball in play. It worked to the tune of 8 runs as the Dodger defense is average at best when you watch them. Their infield has almost no range. Rollins is too old and they are still playing tubby Uribe at 3rd. Plus Andy Van Slyke junior made one of the worst base running gaffes I ever saw. He hit a beautiful double off Heston in the 6th and then got caught wandering off 2nd base a moment later. He just started walking to 3rd while Heston was getting the sign. They caught him 1/2 way between 2nd and 3rd.

Lastly they have to find a way to get Susac into the game more. He is too good for only 40 games a season. He hit one out tonight almost to dead center (410 feet) and called a damn near perfect game behind the plate. I also loved in the bottom of the 9th when the Dodgers down 8-3 sent a runner. He didn't bother throwing the ball so it would be scored Catcher Indifference and didn't count as a steal for the team or the player.

I will post some pictures tomorrow of the Cubs new facility plus from the Giants game. Know the Cubs are for real. That team looks like a early 2000's team with the amount of Power they have and Bryant didn't even play today.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Here are some photos from yesterday.

Our view (right behind home plate. Seeing Lopez pitch live from here was awesome. You see why Lefties can't hit him)

Giants chased Greinke early which was awesome

Our boy Susac who has won me over

Just to give you a better view of what our view of game was like
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    ^^^^ fun game to watch...after our Utes lost in the basketball tournament, the Giants game was being rebroadcast on MLB....it lifted my drunk ass spirits somewhat.

Vin Scully sounded terrible. enough is enough.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^^^^^^He poked his head out of the booth a few times as well. He looks just like he sounds. Don Newcombe was there and looked like he has 1 foot in the grave also,

Dodger spring site sucks. I was really disappointed. They built that facility under the new management group which meant it should have been a palace like the cubs new place, which was amazing. The fucking dodgers ripped off our garlic fries also which pissed me off. I ate a dodger dog so I can crap a dodger out later today as my revenge. Tons of Giants fans and we had a group of young guys from the bay area who flew to LA, rented a car and drove out to catch some games sitting next to us. Lots of high fives and mocking dodger fans in their own facility. It was a really good time overall.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle