benny hall and itw for sale

2»

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    pdalowsky wrote:

you clearly dont....

personally i think this may have to go to ebay for its full value to be determined,

but i say fair play to the OP here for inviting offers first, he may have been struck by a crazy offer...so why not try it first?

i didn't realize you were the vinyl value expert... now I know to come to you... thanks

what do you think is a crazy offer? say someone offered him $5,000 on this board....are you telling me his next thought wouldn't be "wow... maybe someone on ebay will offer over $5,000???"

which is my point of needing a price on this board.... if you're looking for the most money then ebay is your place... if you want to set up a bidding war in which bidders have no idea who they're bidding against... then do it here

but if someone is willing to spend $2k on this... there's no way they'll offer $2k right off the bat... especially if they think they could get it for $1k?

anyway... I have nothing against people selling things for the most they can get... i just have a thing against making the board psuedo ebay
  • Im not trying to make it ebay here.
    yes im trying to get a certain amount for it. Pretty much I just want what I paid for it.
    I just thought someone here may want it.
    If I dont sell it here, I may go to ebay.

The main reason I didnt post a price is because I dont want to get a ration on shit from people telling me how im over charging and trying to screw the "true" vinyl lovers.

I guess im not a "true" vinyl lover cause this one is still sealed.
  • your both making good points for and against this tread being posted..

i agree he should not put a price up.

but i also agree i dont think mike held this for more then 30 seconds if at all..

but that does not take away from the fact it is mikes copy..

i also agree he did the good deed by coming in here first..i got mine in this manner and im very greatfull for it.and the 10c member for doing so

but then maybe this should go to ebay and he might get $1200 or bit more, the max i fell its worth(benny is not that rare ,even if this is a bands member copy)

and lastly paul is normally always stop on with his value of items and yes i would say hes a expert in most items pearl jam..
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    pdalowsky wrote:

you clearly dont....

personally i think this may have to go to ebay for its full value to be determined,

but i say fair play to the OP here for inviting offers first, he may have been struck by a crazy offer...so why not try it first?

i didn't realize you were the vinyl value expert... now I know to come to you... thanks

what do you think is a crazy offer? say someone offered him $5,000 on this board....are you telling me his next thought wouldn't be "wow... maybe someone on ebay will offer over $5,000???"

which is my point of needing a price on this board.... if you're looking for the most money then ebay is your place... if you want to set up a bidding war in which bidders have no idea who they're bidding against... then do it here

but if someone is willing to spend $2k on this... there's no way they'll offer $2k right off the bat... especially if they think they could get it for $1k?

anyway... I have nothing against people selling things for the most they can get... i just have a thing against making the board psuedo ebay

no need to get all pissy about it...

Im no vinyl expert but i understand the collecting world and how people see things when they want them...

so if someone saw this and thought thats a great item i must have it, they would be likely to offer their best offer for fear of losing it in the meantime.....these things happen and if this item is important to someone they will go for the kill as they may not get the chance to up their offer? so would they lowball first like you say in the hope of getting it for less than they wanted to? I doubt it strongly.

If someone offered him 5k I'm sure he'd take it in a heartbeat? would be stupid not to. Ebay only works if you have another person also willing to pay 5k, and then you have the fees to consider, which again makes coming here first make more sense. He pays his fees, why the hell shouldnt he offer it up?

I understand what you are saying dont get me wrong, but its all a matter of opinion, but as a collector, this thing has a great value in the number it holds, these things arent seen too often - for example you dont see many Klausens numbered 1-5. Its a copy made for the band. That holds value, I dont think whatever Mike did with it has much influence over that, even if he played it.....the fact is it was Mikes, and its his box, made for him. that right there makes it even more of a collectors item.

anyway, again i see your point and many hold the same view, i just think certian items like this are exceptional and therefore are hard to put a price on.....sometimes its better to just throw it out there and see what your items attracts offers of
    with no price listed i don't fully see the "good deed" side of things...

true there are many "hookups" that happen... where one 10c member helps out another... i've luckily been on the receiving end of one of those

but sometimes I feel like the board is just being used for the captive audience and the lack of ebay fees

and sometimes i just like to argue ;)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051

true there are many "hookups" that happen... where one 10c member helps out another... i've luckily been on the receiving end of one of those

but sometimes I feel like the board is just being used for the captive audience and the lack of ebay fees

It's a fair point. But lets call it a debate ;)
    pdalowsky wrote:

It's a fair point. But lets call it a debate ;)

thumbs_up.jpg
  • for me personally, i find it amusing that there's no price. you want to get at least what you paid for it but you won't say what you paid for it. which means you are hoping someone will offer a lot more than what you paid. i would say to go to ebay to try to get the most for it , but ebay doesn't guarantee you'll get more, all it does is open it up to a wider viewing audience.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • deal pending.
    leadbedr10 wrote:
    deal pending.

how much??

:lol:
  • about 20 bucks more than i paid ;)
    if the deal goes thru ill let the buyer tell you.
  • leadbedr10 wrote:
    deal pending.

how much??

:lol:
    :lol: good one..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    God fucking dammit this makes me sick!! They are records not baseball cards. Just absolutely stupid.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I thought the MM001 sold for just over $600 in the auction when it was last sold...am I wrong?

Surely someone has offered that much already.....

again, if I'm wrong, just let me know :?:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    pdalowsky wrote:

ridiculous.

they're records.
    PLAY THEM.

i'd love to own Benny Hall, but i know that it will never happen b/c the prices are beyond ridiculous. the same goes for ITW. i'm looking forward to the day when they re-press all of them and they're accessible to everyone again. rant over. sorry...but the vinyl prices are crazy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    :arrow:
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Scott36Scott36 Posts: 109
    Seriously, people, what is the damn point of buying vinyl just to keep it in shrink wrap in a dark closet for years and years?! This shit just drives me crazy. If you buy this record just to keep it in shrink wrap, you should really stop calling yourself a "true PJ" fan. At that point, all you're doing is buying an investment piece that you think will increase in value so you can make money on it. Clearly, you have no interest in actually playing and enjoying the records. I wish PJ would just start releasing all their records unsealed so that the people who weren't going to listen to the vinyl would be less interested. And, as someone else said, it's about time the band re-releases a lot of their vinyl and bursts the bubble on prices like these overnight.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    Scott36 wrote:
    Seriously, people, what is the damn point of buying vinyl just to keep it in shrink wrap in a dark closet for years and years?! This shit just drives me crazy. If you buy this record just to keep it in shrink wrap, you should really stop calling yourself a "true PJ" fan. At that point, all you're doing is buying an investment piece that you think will increase in value so you can make money on it. Clearly, you have no interest in actually playing and enjoying the records. I wish PJ would just start releasing all their records unsealed so that the people who weren't going to listen to the vinyl would be less interested. And, as someone else said, it's about time the band re-releases a lot of their vinyl and bursts the bubble on prices like these overnight.

Relax there speed racer. Many fans & collectors buy two of every copy you know. One to spin the record to oblivion, and other to place in their shelves or on their wall for show. 10club, record stores etc.. have been selling Pearl Jam vinyl for year's. 10club were selling them for 10 bucks a pop each. Only Benaroya Hall & Into The Wild were sold in limited copies. There is no problem & law with the 10club if there is two 10club memberships per household. So my girlfriend & I can buy 2 copies living in the same household. One to spin, one to keep sealed. To say people who buy records just to keep it in shrink wrap should stop calling themselves "true PJ" fan's, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I got tons of Pearl Jam records still in wrap & tons of Pearl Jam records unwrapped. What does that make me? I'm a Pearl Jam fan since '91. I'm a Pearl Jam archivest since '91. I'm a Pearl Jam collector since '91. If you got the money, go nuts. To go wild on a fan that still has it still unwrapped, that's fucked up. If you already have the album on cd, cassette, mini disc, 8-track tape, downloaded it online in mp3, flac, shn formats. Got doubles, maybe triples. Why freak out cause he still has it sealed? Sweet zombie jebus! :shock:

Add more shock, check how much these originals went for over @ 10club.

IntoTheWildLP10club.jpg
    BenaroyaHallLP10club.jpg

The Benaroya Hall vinyl sold @ 3am Halifax Time & didn't even sell out it's 2000 pressed copies till 11am. Into The Wild sold out pretty fast though. Not sure how many Into The Wild prints were made, but it's shocking that a 4 LP live show 2000 press record set couldn't sell out faster then Into The Wild. Let's see if the stories are true about a Philly 2009 vinyl box set. Would it be limited or a mass production kind of set.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    JUST NAME A PRICE!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I busted mine open a few weeks ago (Benny). It is awesome.