Did everyone get a PM for some fan book?

Comments

• yes
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    thank you for this canton jam, great great project!!!
  • Yes - I got the PM. My song will be "Go"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    my song too will be Go.....a song that has shaped my future and pretty much ruined my life :lol:

started my pearl jam downfall
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Got one too, not decided yet, in fact I think it will be quite hard to choose.
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    Finally,now,i too sent :P !!

CantonJam, thanks for the great plan!
    Thoughts Arrive, thanks for this thread!
    and thanks dimi ;)! i chose Jeremy.
  • No worries.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I feel special...you shall receive my paragraph this weekend.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mine just "flew off" :)
    made me cry but man I'm easy these days with the tears what's up with that
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    No worries.
    didn't get a PM, didn't know, so thanks to you :P !

btw,When/Where can I buy the fan book ?? i live in Japan.... :(
    CantonJam,,Please tell us when publishing it.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Yes--got that.

Must try and work on it.....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Ill be working on mine this weekend.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Got it but I'm torn between which song to choose. Finally narrowed it to Release, Given to Fly, Off He Goes, I Got Shit, or Garden. Have to listen to them several times to figure out which speaks to me most deeply.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• CantonJam wrote:
    Good evening:

Here is the story - at a Seattle show in September a few Ten Club members and I were talking about how over the years we've heard or read a story for nearly every PJ song having a personal meaning to someone we encountered.

I work in publishing and we had an idea to put together a collection of these stories, written by the fans.

What we're picturing - a paragraph per song about someone's individual connection to that song.
    Ideally, a few months down the road, we could make this Pearl Jam journal of sorts available via a link on this board.

I didn't send out a mass message to the forum members. I just clicked through and messaged anyone who seemed to post a story related to a particular song throughout the years.

Due to the specific targeted group of people, we don't anticipate a profit on this project. But, if we were able to recoup the dollars we put into it, we'd like to involve the Wishlist Foundation for potential proceeds.

If anyone would like to participate, please email a story about a PJ song of your choice, along with your first name, last name and hometown to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pearljamjournal@gmail.com">pearljamjournal@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Thank you for your consideration! We'd love to hear from all of you. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

NO clue how you came to place me into this targeted group but okay. I have nothing to contribute, hence why I wonder why you PMed me of all people. :roll: Thanks for the thought anyways. Pass the offer on to another I say.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hmmm i wonder what song i went into detail bout. i'd like to maybe use that for this project.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I still haven't decided.
    Leaning towards Alive.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    I just got one last night. Haven't decided on what to write though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah i wonder what song i was talking about to get pm'ed...and if i already posted it, go ahead and use it...it's tough for me to recreate my bullshit ;):D
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I just got the message tonight. Already told CantonJam I'm write it this weekend. Quite a few to choose from.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    YES i got a MSG about a week ago!.....I TOLD them I don't " "CYBER" "...pmsl :P
  • Huh

This brought me out of the flatscreen. The problem is, I could never write about just one song.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I can't narrow it down to one particular time PJ altered my life.
    They have been there for most of it and so it goes unquestioned that they influenced most decissions I have made, whether consciencely or not.

Good luck with the book everyone. :)
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    OOOOps. I got one a few weeks ago and deleted it. Just thought ut might be some sort of spammy thing. :oops:
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    yup.
    how do you know if the song is already taken tho?

May the best passionate description win.
    (My strategy is to pick the less "popular" one--and that should make all the difference)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    yeah i wonder what song i was talking about to get pm'ed...and if i already posted it, go ahead and use it...it's tough for me to recreate my bullshit ;):D

Yeah, I mean, I never talk about PJ in this pit. At least not seriously, so I doubt I was ever talking about a specific song. Doubt I'll write anything, but it is pretty typical of Stone, always wanting me to do his band a favor...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    i got it and sent in a paragraph.
    i'd like to hear back about it actually.
    what's the news on the book...is it finished?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Still have to decide what Im gonna send in.
    Im really excited to do this though I cant wait to see the finished project!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    got it along time ago and hit delete.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I got a thank you for submitting and they said they would be using mine but no word yet on finished product.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    pandora wrote:
    I got a thank you for submitting and they said they would be using mine but no word yet on finished product.
    same as :)