Did everyone get a PM for some fan book?

13»

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    i got it and sent in a paragraph.
    i'd like to hear back about it actually.
    what's the news on the book...is it finished?
    I got a thank you for submitting and they said they would be using mine but no word yet on finished product.

ye they said they were using mine aswell and said that they will send me an email about when the book is done
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    pandora wrote:
    I got a thank you for submitting and they said they would be using mine but no word yet on finished product.

didn't get that so i guess they won't be using mine. blah.

so......
    i'll share what i had to say

Breakerfall

I’ll tell you upfront, I’m disabled. So that right there should let you know how I interpret the song. I have a choice in life. I can be resentful, mean and nasty and blame my attitude and troubles on my disability, or try my best everyday to do what I can. ‘She can blame the world, …. But only love can breakerfall’ I wouldn’t be here today without love. Love from my parents. Love from my friends. ‘She’s if own disease crying to her dog’ While I don’t consider my disability a disease, there’s a possibility of my mind being caught in a depression that may stem for my disability. That’s the possible disease…being eaten alive with bad thoughts. What’s the antidote to that creeping disease right beneath the surface? Love. Only love can break my fall.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

didn't get that so i guess they won't be using mine. blah.

so......
    i'll share what i had to say

Breakerfall

I’ll tell you upfront, I’m disabled. So that right there should let you know how I interpret the song. I have a choice in life. I can be resentful, mean and nasty and blame my attitude and troubles on my disability, or try my best everyday to do what I can. ‘She can blame the world, …. But only love can breakerfall’ I wouldn’t be here today without love. Love from my parents. Love from my friends. ‘She’s if own disease crying to her dog’ While I don’t consider my disability a disease, there’s a possibility of my mind being caught in a depression that may stem for my disability. That’s the possible disease…being eaten alive with bad thoughts. What’s the antidote to that creeping disease right beneath the surface? Love. Only love can break my fall.
    Thats very powerful I think they will use that- I really like it and I will always think of your words now when I listen to Breakerfall. You know it took a little bit to get the email back from them, yours is surely on the way. Thank you for sharing and not only great words but you are very much admired for your positive strength.
    edited March 2010
    Thank you.

I was just going to say I hope I didn’t derail the thread with my ‘I’m your inspiration’ bullshit. :lol:

It’s hard to shut the pieholes of pj fans, but I’ve found I’ve got a certain knack for it! :mrgreen:

I got no reply back to say they would used it. surprisingly. So I posted it here now because I thought it was kickass and wanted to share. na...doubt i'll hear back. i looked at my email i sent that 2/8. really it's no biggie. i don't care.
    probably not getting in the book for the same reason this thread came to a grinding hault. :roll:

BUT PLEASE...I DID NOT ATTEND FOR THAT TO BE A THREAD KILLER :lol:
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on

• Hello,

Blondieblue - yes, we are using the story you emailed in. Sorry I did not reply to you sooner. We appreciate you sharing it.

It has been great to hear from everyone who has participated, and we welcome anyone else who would like to send an email our way.

To give a preview, some amazing stories will be included. Some powerful, like Blondieblue's, others funny, like how a football team once won a championship game because of the song Bugs.

-Tim
    oh wow! thanks for replying! that's great! :mrgreen:
    sorry if i created a stir.........lmao!

To give a preview, some amazing stories will be included. Some powerful, like Blondieblue's, others funny, like how a football team once won a championship game because of the song Bugs.

ew, can't wait to hear that one.

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    oh wow! thanks for replying! that's great! :mrgreen:
    sorry if i created a stir.........lmao!

Thread killer!!! :mrgreen:

Oh wait...that's my job. I *am* the thread killer and a troublemaker!

Very cool that you made it in, blondie as well as the funnies... looking forward to reading 'em!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    us troublemakers gotta stay together. :)

• I'm going to jot something down for the book this weekend. Looks like a great project.