Options

Did anyone here subscribe to the USA bmg direct music club?

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,914
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Here I go again

I'm in search of a few regular pearl jam albums bought under this music club mainly because it says on the back that it was made for the bmg direct mail order thing

the ones I need are

Vs
vitalogy
Live on two legs, and
Rearviewmirror.

I already found yield and binaural and ten

so if anyone has these and wants a few bucks or a trade for something please get in touch. I hear these were popular because they were cheap so it's worth asking. I'm even told they are quite common in used record stores in the states

I'm sure they are on eBay but save for contacting every seller of these albums there is no way of knowing if it's the bmg direct version or a shop bought one

thanks

Ps not really looking for a debate on how stupid this is
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Im going to a Newbury Comics today, so Ill keep an eye out for for ya buddy. I know exactly what you're talking about. Lotta used copies of that type around here.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Wow thanks a lot my friend

appreciate it a lot
  • Options
    I have a mint condition BMG "Riot Act" that I don't need.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    From the club?

Could I buy that? Or replace it with a normal issue one?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    From the club?

Yes, it has, "Mfd. for BMG direct" on the back cover. I'd rather sell it than exchange it. I don't actually listen to my CDs any longer. Are you in the UK? Shipping should only be 3 or 4 US dollars.

Edit: I just looked up the UK on the Post Office website. Shipping would be about $5 - $6.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    Yes, buy from TravisTheSky, packed my vinyl well and send them really fast.
    They are loved by me right now :D
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    From the club?

Yes, it has, "Mfd. for BMG direct" on the back cover. I'd rather sell it than exchange it. I don't actually listen to my CDs any longer. Are you in the UK? Shipping should only be 3 or 4 US dollars.

Edit: I just looked up the UK on the Post Office website. Shipping would be about $5 - $6.

No probs

If you just pm me the total and your paypal I'll get payment to you

Thanks a lot :D
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    I will check my vs and Vitalogy for you. They may have been BMG back in the day...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Thanks a lot
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I an 99% sure that my copies of Ten and Vs. are from BMG. I will check today and send you a PM.

In college we used to love BMG. You would get 12 CDs for the price of one plus another 4 free if you got someone else to sign up. I think I got half my dorm floor to join. At the time, I had more CDs than I knew what to do with.
  • Options
    Well this has shown me that riot act indeed exists too - and that's Now taken care of

but does anyone know if no code was made also?
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    Just out of curiousity, why is it important to have them all from BMG? What's different about them?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    It's a fair question

I'm a collector so the catalogue variances however small are important. Bmg made their own covers with the only difference being that it states just that with their catalogue number
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    See? this is why I don't collect CDs! Good luck Paul let ne know if I can help you in anyway with this.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    When I was in college I had a couple of hundred BMG CDs - they used to run offers like 12 CDs for a penny and you just had to buy one CD at full price in like 2 years. My friends and I would join the club over and over - we would just buy the one CD, cancel, and then rejoin again. It was a cheap way to add CDs to your collection on a college student's budget :D

But I don't have any PJ CDs from BMG - all mine were bought on the day of release at the record store or from the 10 club.

Good luck 8-)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    Oh yeah... and Columbia House too. Spent many an afternoon in class paging through their catalog picking out CDs to order.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    No luck yesterday at the store pdalowsky, but I'll keep an eye out going forward. These will pop up somewhere.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    I have RVM BMG version..... send me a private message if you still need it... :ugeek:
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • Options
    Hbudjr wrote:
    I have RVM BMG version..... send me a private message if you still need it... :ugeek:

hi and thanks a lot

i got a message this morning from a friend in Seattle, seems he got me a rvm only yest

I'll keep this in mind in case something is wrong there, thanks man appreciate it

since I started this I also have seemingly found riot act, vs and vitalogy and binaural

good times, this place rocks :D
  • Options
    HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Hbudjr wrote:

hi and thanks a lot

i got a message this morning from a friend in Seattle, seems he got me a rvm only yest

I'll keep this in mind in case something is wrong there, thanks man appreciate it

since I started this I also have seemingly found riot act, vs and vitalogy and binaural

good times, this place rocks :D

No problem man I will do what I can to help a fellow PJ fan out anytime!! :mrgreen:
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 515
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    katellis wrote:
    i'm 99% sure my vitalogy and no code are from bmg, but it doesn't say anything of the sort on the back of the album :?

now that is interesting? No mention anywhere of bmg on the no code? Stickers?

Vitalogy should be like this
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1292
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,910
    pdalowsky wrote:
    katellis wrote:
    i'm 99% sure my vitalogy and no code are from bmg, but it doesn't say anything of the sort on the back of the album :?

now that is interesting? No mention anywhere of bmg on the no code? Stickers?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=121504

No Code came in different colors.
  • Options
    I have no code too (i just checked) from BMG and i can't see the difference :?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Store bought No Code (Sam The Record Man):
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... Bought.jpg

Columbia House / BMG Release:
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... aHouse.jpg

Hard Rock And Alternative Selection Of The Month Ad for Pearl Jam's No Code:
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... ouseAd.jpg

:D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Store bought No Code (Sam The Record Man):
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... Bought.jpg

Columbia House / BMG Release:
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... aHouse.jpg

Hard Rock And Alternative Selection Of The Month Ad for Pearl Jam's No Code:
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... ouseAd.jpg

:D

Oooh now i got it!!!! Yes my no code is baby blue! Thanks D

Well you can add No Code to the list Paul if you want it :)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Did they actually come in the same (cardboard) cases? Not jewel-boxes? I always figured BMG etc sold everything in a plastic case and always wondered what they did for PJ albums... like Riot Act is the same type of case/booklet/etc and just has BMG on the back?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I remember reading about this guy from Seattle that collects Led Zeppelin. He claims to own over 50 different versions/issues of Led Zeppelin I. Now that’s dedication! Good luck on your quest.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    That's believable

I have easy in excess of 40 tens :oops:

Jose I'll write a little later mate
  • Options
    Did they actually come in the same (cardboard) cases? Not jewel-boxes? I always figured BMG etc sold everything in a plastic case and always wondered what they did for PJ albums... like Riot Act is the same type of case/booklet/etc and just has BMG on the back?

For No Code & Vitalogy, they came in cardboard cases. Not sure about Yield and their releases after that.