PJ Super Bowl Board -- Completed Board!

124»

Comments

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    mines in the post.... knowing the irish postal service itl be a week or two but its on the way

also the street name is hilarious :D
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    satansbed wrote:
    also the street name is hilarious :D

That my friend - is pure coincidence! ;)

Hello all - sorry to take so long to post these updates but I was away for the weekend. Coming home is always sad & sweet, but when your mailbox is stuffed w/little rectangular packages it makes the reality of Monday so much more bearable.

I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the boots yet so I can't give my feedback on 'em but I'm very excited to see that I've gotten quite a few new disks to spin. So I'll just say thanks for now:

From Dissident67 I got the Bonnaroo boot. Can't wait to hear this - 3 disks - must be a long show.

From Jester59388 I received the Camden Night 1 boot, which I'm also pumped to hear b/c I was at night 2 and have that boot - I want to see how Night 1 compares.

And jecica I got the beer "stubbie" and key chain and stickers. All very much appreciated and put into immediate use! I've been carrying the same briefcase at work for years now, and since like '98 I've been loading that shit up w/ PJ stickers. Last week I put the Johnny Guitar one on it and now I'll add your spaceman. That was a nice little surprise. Thank you!

joe2468 - who do I appreciate - Y O U! (OK that was corny but I couldn't resist :D) San Diego in the house - what an amazing opening few songs - Last Exit, Corduroy, Severed Hand, then Brain of J. Holy Fuck that's all I've got to say.

Mike86 - all the way from Germany sent the 11/00 Seattle boot - another 3 disk set ummmm yummmm!!! I wish I know how to say/spell thank you in German - danke shane??? Am I close?

And lastly I received the Toronto '09 boot that Mr Derp sent all shiny and new from Kufala. This was the first show of that little string of dates right, only Fixer and Got Some appearing off Backspacer, maybe the 1st time they were played in concert? Very exciting to own this boot.

Many thanks to you all. I am feeling very lucky to be part of such an amazing group of fans and friends.
  • Nice job everyone!

Looks like all boots except 1 have either been received or are on their way.

Now to get on PNuttyJam's ass about the final one... :x
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Good news: all participants have now sent out their packages. THANK YOU everyone for making this so easy and painless.

Julie, thanks for the constant updates. Your last few packages should be arriving in your mailbox soon.

Looking forward to next year already :).
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    Hi everyone -

I got a few more packages in the mail today and I wanted to thank those who sent.

From PJCubs I got the CHI 8/24/09 boot which means now I have both nights and am Oh so happy about that. It's kinda like getting Park Place and Boardwalk in Monopoly. It just feels right to have both. Thanks so much!

And from adschnei I received the Verona Italy '6/00 boot which looks to have some interesting songs that I might not have heard b4 - in the coliseum and I got you. Gotta check this disk out pronto.

Thanks to both of you for sending out your pledged boots, I will be spinning these soon.

Only a few more to go ---- does it have to end????!!!!
    Hey -
    Just wanted to let lippy002 and PNuttyjam know that I received both of their prize packages in the mail. My internet has been down for the past week due to this massive snow storm we got here in NY.
    Electricity was out for 3 days and the worst part was I couldn't listen to all my new bootlegs!!!
    But now that I'm back up and running I wanted to say Thanks to you both!
    -Peace