I AM NOW ENGAGED...

13»

Comments

• blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    just walk up to dad and ask him...how much for your cow?i already know her milks good :lol::lol: then run ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that poor, poor girl...girl right? ;)

congrats jeags :mrgreen:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    norm wrote:
    that poor, poor girl...girl right? ;)

congrats jeags :mrgreen:

funny guy. norm is a funny guy. that's what i tell people!

thanks guys
    www.myspace.com
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Congratulations!! :D

Here's an idea for a wedding cake for you! ;):mrgreen:

4491336752_c6b862e18b_o.jpg
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    ^^^^ Awesome Ziggy. Have you been saving that one for him? :lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Congratulations!! :D

Here's an idea for a wedding cake for you! ;):mrgreen:

4491336752_c6b862e18b_o.jpg

...well played :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    so, these weddings are pretty expensive huh? yikes... :x :twisted: :twisted:
    www.myspace.com
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm going to propose to my girl sometime this year. I'm not sure if I should ask her parents for their blessing or not. I know they both would approve, but here's my problem with it..

Her parents are separated, but live together. They both LOVE me. Her dad's english isn't so well.. and more of my concern, they would both leak before I popped the question. They both like to joke and talk. She currently lives with them and they would never keep it a secret. It's just how they are. They blurt out everything. She admits they have diarrhea of the mouth.

Even if I thought they wouldn't leak, it seems like it would be impossible to get just them together for a talk without her knowing. :?

Do I have a good enough reason not to talk to them first?
    I'm going to propose to my girl sometime this year. I'm not sure if I should ask her parents for their blessing or not. I know they both would approve, but here's my problem with it..

Her parents are separated, but live together. They both LOVE me. Her dad's english isn't so well.. and more of my concern, they would both leak before I popped the question. They both like to joke and talk. She currently lives with them and they would never keep it a secret. It's just how they are. They blurt out everything. She admits they have diarrhea of the mouth.

Even if I thought they wouldn't leak, it seems like it would be impossible to get just them together for a talk without her knowing. :?

Do I have a good enough reason not to talk to them first?

that is a tough one. maybe try to time it for right before you propose? so the they would have less time to talk.......something as big as this though, you'd have to think they would keep quiet so as to not ruin it for their daughter?

is one less of a talker than the other? maybe just ask for that one's blessing. i just went and met my wife's dad for lunch a few days prior.......went into her phone when she wasn't looking to get his number.

i doubt they will ruin the surprise of something like this though. good luck.
    www.myspace.com
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Right, like the Jiggler said,

Tell them the minute or hour before you do it.
    Now wait,....isnt' this the girl you just met kind of, who blew you off for some time?

yeah, do it the same way...
    Rollings wrote:
    Now wait,....isnt' this the girl you just met kind of, who blew you off for some time?

We had been dating a year at the time. She was sick and needed time to herself. It ended up being like 5 weeks and since we've been back together she reminds me every day of the hell she was going through and how she feels guilt for making me feel bad about the situation... in that break, she blew off everyone, including her best friend.. There was also miscommunication going on between us right before the break too that we've discussed and made peace with. We're good now. Better than ever.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I didn't propose, my wife didn't propose, it was just kind of implied that we were getting married when we got together.
    voidofman wrote:
    I didn't propose, my wife didn't propose, it was just kind of implied that we were getting married when we got together.
    So.. you one day just planned a wedding?

somebody had to say something!
    Rollings wrote:

We had been dating a year at the time. She was sick and needed time to herself. It ended up being like 5 weeks and since we've been back together she reminds me every day of the hell she was going through and how she feels guilt for making me feel bad about the situation... in that break, she blew off everyone, including her best friend.. There was also miscommunication going on between us right before the break too that we've discussed and made peace with. We're good now. Better than ever.

Really, that was a year ago? Man, time flies.

But do you like my idea of telling the parents JUST BEFORE you pop the question?

Well, she saw a wedding ring on sale that looked like something I would get her, had her mom buy it and I paid her back for it. It was two rings you can take apart but are also one ring shaped in a heart. We originally wanted to get married on the anniversary of us meeting but the day was approaching too fast so we pushed it back a few months.
    Rollings wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

But do you like my idea of telling the parents JUST BEFORE you pop the question?
    I want to, but everything tells me it's going to be hard to get them together, or it would be awkward.. I guess I could do it individually.. she oddley gave me each of their cell numbers last night incase there was ever and emergency.
    voidofman wrote:

Well, she saw a wedding ring on sale that looked like something I would get her, had her mom buy it and I paid her back for it. It was two rings you can take apart but are also one ring shaped in a heart. We originally wanted to get married on the anniversary of us meeting but the day was approaching too fast so we pushed it back a few months.
    a little out of the ordinary, but love is love and the uniqueness of the situation makes it just as meaningful.
    a little out of the ordinary, but love is love and the uniqueness of the situation makes it just as meaningful.
    Yes, it was kind of odd how it happened but have to say she knows me and it worked.
  • I want to, but everything tells me it's going to be hard to get them together, or it would be awkward.. I guess I could do it individually.. she oddley gave me each of their cell numbers last night incase there was ever and emergency.

You seem pretty set on asking both of the parents at the same time. Couldn't you just ask one of them?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i always thought tradition was to ask the father.

i've never been much for tradition tho
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Rollings wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

your idea? :lol:
    www.myspace.com