Options

REVEALED: EAST COAST TOUR IN MAY

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    badbrains wrote:
    Ur my hero hoff. I mean shit to post the thread first, man that makes u my hero..

have you ever broken your thoughts into paragraphs? I couldnt even make it through your rambling post because its just one ginormous block of words...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    six shows in NY/NJ
    4 at the garden and 2 at the izod

hehehehehe
  • Options
    i bet memphis is one
    It better be!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Oh now we have to use proper English writing techniques too??? Wow drsluggo I'm so sorry I rambled on and on and on for u....see what I mean? This is the shit I'm talking about. And mr conehead, that was funny. Atleast u made me laugh, drsluggo must be in the catagory of "who's got a bigger dick."

once again, sorry professer sluggo on my bad English skills. I broke this one up into paragraphs for u. Hopefully it was easier for u to read my rambling this way.

What a lame ass.....
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    badbrains wrote:
    blah blah blah

wizard_troll_doll-low_res1229486618.jpg
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    badbrains wrote:
    once again, sorry professer sluggo on my bad English skills. I broke this one up into paragraphs for u. Hopefully it was easier for u to read my rambling this way.

Not only was it easier for me, its easier for everyone. :lol:

Next time type in all caps if you want to try and be even cooler!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    U GOT IT DRSLUGGO
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    quote="shiningstar"]
    100 Pacer wrote:
    ugh mansfield. mansfield is not even in boston, which is why msg rules

Granted its not in the city but a damn fine venue for sound and sights..

Great Tailgating... (unlike Boston proper)

been going to shows at Great Woods Mansfield for almost 25 years..

The downsides are parking (can't get in / out without buying VIP parking) and it will be damn cold in May!

(Aka: Hatford Dodge Center 2006 show.. "Is it warmin' up out there?.... never lose you inner heat... EVER")

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    quote="shiningstar"]
    100 Pacer wrote:
    ugh mansfield. mansfield is not even in boston, which is why msg rules

Granted its not in the city but a damn fine venue for sound and sights..

Great Tailgating... (unlike Boston proper)

been going to shows at Great Woods Mansfield for almost 25 years..

The downsides are parking (can't get in / out without buying VIP parking) and it will be damn cold in May!

(Aka: Hatford Dodge Center 2006 show.. "Is it warmin' up out there?.... never lose you inner heat... EVER")

:D

everyones got a preference but outdoor shows in may arent what i prefer
    also who needs to tailgate for msg(indoor city core venues)?
    not many parking concerns in most downtown city core venues...unlike the outdoor sheds where everyone is mass packed in one or two lots

anywhere else but mansfield please! 8-)

tho i think the band doesnt give a poop re what i say ;)

i love downtown city core venues cause it gives travelling fans a chance to see the sights (philly) and then head to the show and not have to drive/park anywhere. downtown chicago will do ;)
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,662
    guypjfreak wrote:
    URthekey wrote:
    If this is true I'm guessing they'll work their way up the E coast after Neeewworrlins.

That'd be nice. :D
    i know different subject but URthekey i love your picture is that you all painted up???? :)

Yes, that's my Halloween costume from the big party in Philly. :D
  • Options
    if they come to Boston in May my money is on the Garden not Mansfield........(PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    if they come to Boston in May my money is on the Garden not Mansfield........(PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Have no fear....

The tour dates and venues will be announced....

Next Week!!!!!!

BBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    I have traveled to shows in Boston and Mansfield and both were awesome. But being a cheap ass and living far away i would definatly go if they play in Mansfield but Boston would be harder. Boston hotels are double parking is crazy expensive, no place to tailgate so you have to spend money at a bar.

The overall vibe at the outdoor shows is more fun then the Bank of whatever it is now (old Fleet Center). I enjoy a good tailgating show now. Living in Utah you cant exactly tailgate. To bring your favorite booze and mingle with new people is one of the most fun parts of traveling. Atleast to me.
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510

Too many Celtics/Bruins playoff games in Boston this May ;) I'm thinkin' Mansfield again...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,277
    edited January 2010
    What I can see is Pearl Jam come back to the East Coast early June. Warm up show's. Then fly across the Atlantic late June. June 22nd is the first European show, in Ireland. Just like how they played Calgary day's before the European '09 show's kicked in. I can't see the band play just 6 show's in May, and nothing in June, till the 22nd. And now there's another rumor for Chicago? Get's me totally confused. Why not a show in Halifax? That is the port of the East Coast of the Atlantic, of North America. Before flying off to Europe, why not play there? Save some money on airplane fuel if you're going the route from Chicago, right? ;)
  • Options
    Ando wrote:
    I have traveled to shows in Boston and Mansfield and both were awesome. But being a cheap ass and living far away i would definatly go if they play in Mansfield but Boston would be harder. Boston hotels are double parking is crazy expensive, no place to tailgate so you have to spend money at a bar.

The overall vibe at the outdoor shows is more fun then the Bank of whatever it is now (old Fleet Center). I enjoy a good tailgating show now. Living in Utah you cant exactly tailgate. To bring your favorite booze and mingle with new people is one of the most fun parts of traveling. Atleast to me.

i live 25 minutes from Boston and take the train (40 min train ride)right into north station which is under the Garden (it is now the TD Bank North Garden) very nice...I have me a rum and coke right on the train on my way to the show...Mansfield is about 45 minutes without traffic...but the ride home sucks....tailgating is cool if the cops aren't in gestapo mode.....but weather wise...the Garden is better for a May show...June/July/Aug?...def Mansfield.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,529
    just to elaborate on the Boston shows, look for the band to be playing Mansfield again in May (as per a knowledgeable source in the Boston area).[/quote][/quote]

well it won't be May 1st as it's cleanup day. I feel so bad for those people when PJ fans are only going to litter weeks later.

http://www.keepmansfieldbeautiful.com/cleanup.html
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    demetrios wrote:
    What I can see is Pearl Jam come back to the East Coast early June. Warm up show's. Then fly across the Atlantic late June. June 22nd is the first European show, in Ireland. Just like how they played Calgary day's before the European '09 show's kicked in. I can't see the band play just 6 show's in May, and nothing in June, till the 22nd. And now there's another rumor for Chicago? Get's me totally confused. Why not a show in Halifax? That is the port of the East Coast of the Atlantic, of North America. Before flying off to Europe, why not play there? Save some money on airplane fuel if you're going the route from Chicago, right? ;)
    Can't remember where I read it, but PJ won't play longer than 3 weeks at a time consecutively. How many shows are they willing to fit in the span of 3 weeks? Only 6?

Anyway, I'd personally like to go to Montreal to see them.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,277
    Jeanwah wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Can't remember where I read it, but PJ won't play longer than 3 weeks at a time consecutively. How many shows are they willing to fit in the span of 3 weeks? Only 6?

Anyway, I'd personally like to go to Montreal to see them.

Me too! :)
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,932

Too many Celtics/Bruins playoff games in Boston this May ;) I'm thinkin' Mansfield again...

They did play the Garden in late May back in 06. Can't remember how the C's and Bruins did that year, though. If it's in May, I'd prefer it be at the Garden too.
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407

They did play the Garden in late May back in 06. Can't remember how the C's and Bruins did that year, though. If it's in May, I'd prefer it be at the Garden too.

Celts and Bs had horrible 05-06 seasons.
  • Options

nothing booked for the Garden in May.

http://www.ticketsolutions.com/td-bankn ... ckets.aspx
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407

The Celtics and Bruins playoff games wouldnt be announced yet.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Mansfield sucks. I grew up going to concerts there and they were always awesome...
    Now the cops allow zero tailgating. I don't know if you have all been there recently, but no alcohol is allowed at all in the lots. For a show I guess it's fine (except way stricter with curfew)...but if you want to tailgate the place sucks and the cops are fucking assholes there.
    I'm all for the Garden.
    I'll say it again...Fuck Mansfield.
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:

The Celtics and Bruins playoff games wouldnt be announced yet.

I know, I meant as in other events like Disney on Ice or another concert. I think John Mayer is playing in February and James Taylor in June, so was curious if other concerts were announced for May---nothing yet---looks like open season. I think May in Mansfield may be a tad cold, but we shall see. They should announce dates soon if they do come, but I woudn't be shocked to see fall dates instead. I guess the thinking is play New Orleans late April and then work their way up the East Coast?
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Now the cops allow zero tailgating. I'll say it again...Fuck Mansfield.

WHAT?!?! No tailgaiting? Mansfield does suck................
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Mansfield sucks. I grew up going to concerts there and they were always awesome...
    Now the cops allow zero tailgating. I don't know if you have all been there recently, but no alcohol is allowed at all in the lots. For a show I guess it's fine (except way stricter with curfew)...but if you want to tailgate the place sucks and the cops are fucking assholes there.
    I'm all for the Garden.
    I'll say it again...Fuck Mansfield.

The last few years it's been sucky but there are ways around it and if you're being responsible and not douchy, the cops will leave you alone. If you're being a meathead walking around with your bud light bottle open for everyone to see and think you're immune, you deserve to be harrassed. Don't be a mushroom, sit in your chair and drink and chill. Or if you're playing games, keep it civil. The meatheads who throw footballs into peoples cars and don't think it's a problem deserve a bottle rocket shoved up their ass----lit.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Montreal would be great! Preparty on Crescent street!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Now the cops allow zero tailgating. I'll say it again...Fuck Mansfield.

WHAT?!?! No tailgaiting? Mansfield does suck................

you can so tailgate....you just gotta fly below the cops radar with the booze and you'll be good....i got torn up and blazed in the lot....but the cops were dicks....aren't they all?
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    OK sorry but East Coast & West Coast suck....where is the Middle of the US tour?? Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, etc???? WHEN DO WE GET A TOUR????!?!?!?!?! Sorry to be so blunt but damn Ohio needs love too :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"