Showbox 04 poster help!!

13»

Comments

• How does it look?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    On one hand, looks gorgeous. On the other, how the hell should I know if it's fake? :)

There's no dot or whatever under the Pearl Jam, if that means anything.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    The fake ones DO NOT have artist info going up the left border and DO HAVE a small white ring under the band's name...I wouldn't describe it as a dot. Post pictures of these 2 areas in this thread so others can see as well.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    t0mMye wrote:
    The fake ones DO NOT have artist info going up the left border and DO HAVE a small white ring under the band's name...I wouldn't describe it as a dot. Post pictures of these 2 areas in this thread so others can see as well.

Thanks for the input.

Here are a couple shots of the areas you described... hi-res.

http://www.cranmalreign.com/img/DSCN0138.JPG
    http://www.cranmalreign.com/img/DSCN0139.JPG
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • it looks legit to me....what's everyone else think?

didn't BK weigh in on this (I may be mistaken) to confirm the printer for this one?
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    the photo in the actual listing on Ebay is of the real print, if it is not EXACTLY like the photo in the listing, return the fucker! And e-mail BK and let him know about it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-PEARL-JAM-2 ... 35a6253602

Looks the same to me. HOORAY!!!!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    it looks legit to me....what's everyone else think?

didn't BK weigh in on this (I may be mistaken) to confirm the printer for this one?

BK said that Patent Pending did the printing for this. My mind is much more at ease now... *phew*
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    Appears legit to me.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    At first glance on mine, it appears legit... However I am going to be doubly sure about it... I have been in touch with BK and asked him if he will verify the authenticity of my print.... I sent him some pictures just now, and hopefully I'll hear back in the next couple of days.... fingers are crossed that it's the real deal...

It looks awesome... I can't wait to get it in a frame on my wall, provided it is legit... otherwise I'm going fishing for my money back...

In the meantime, I've been discussing with the seller and she seems to offer a very good reason as to why she had them (actually she should have one more, as she told me she obtained a total of 5...), and offered to refund my money at any point if I was uncomfortable, as she didn't want to risk her eBay rep...

Will let all know when I hear back from BK....

Cheers,

shep
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    And she had 5 of them because?

:)
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Just received an email back from BK:

"looks like a real one"

She told me that she had 5 that she bought from a ticket broker, who was at the show and scooped up as many as he could. She stated she that she bought them from the broker whole he was going through a not so nice divorce and trying to get rid of as many assets as he could... She stated that he had a bunch of other stuff she tried to get, but the wife's lawyer put a stop to it... She seemed very genuine through, and offered to refund all monies if I was uncomfortable with the item...

:).... So happy....

Anyone with some framing ideas???
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Dude that print is a total fake I'm sorry but it was sold on that website that I posted. Sorry man but you got ripped off. I would demand me money back ASAP
    This too shall pass.....
    5against1- wrote:
    Dude that print is a total fake I'm sorry but it was sold on that website that I posted. Sorry man but you got ripped off. I would demand me money back ASAP

Dunno, dude. Not a single attribute of the "fakes" is present on either poster, and BK has chimed in stating his opinion that they are authentic. Aside from selling circumstances, which, after all, aren't the things we're framing, what makes you think it's fake?

Unless you come up w/ something indisputable and earth-shaking, I'm satisfied that shep and myself are now proud owners of genuine issue Showbox '04 PJ prints.

*giddy*
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    what are the "signs" again of a fake? I too have this beauty (thanks to a great friend), and it was not until months later when I found out about all the fakes around. I framed it already and I can't remember if it had that text on the top. The frame job covers all of the white border. Did someone mention there is a spot under the bands name? I don't see anything on mine like that
    what are the "signs" again of a fake? I too have this beauty (thanks to a great friend), and it was not until months later when I found out about all the fakes around. I framed it already and I can't remember if it had that text on the top. The frame job covers all of the white border. Did someone mention there is a spot under the bands name? I don't see anything on mine like that

Check it:
    t0mMye wrote:

As for everyone else, thanks for the diligence and assistance. This is definitely an impressive community.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    Not sure it is worthy of an entirely new thread but this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT is NOT an AP. It is signed by Brad (confirmed by him to be his sig) but not numbered..

This particular AP was issued with the sig/num in the lower right, this sig is lower left. Still a nice poster and a fair starting price...just not an AP.
  • My guess is thats from either the last s/d sale that BK just did, or from another. some of the prints have been signed in those, but not all. Just a guess though.
    At Flatstock Brad will sign prints..the scratch and dents have a S/D added to them. I believe he had Brad sign it at Flatstock.