Showbox 04 poster help!!

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,765
    congrats man... I never looked into again after I got mine.

how much did you pay for it?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    shep wrote:
    Definitely... I didn't want to pay too much more, as my framing jobs usually run me around $200....

Anybody frame this before? Any suggestions? (a pic would be nice) :D

Here is a pic of mine...On the right side of the photo there...I chose to go with just plain black frames for all of mine todate so to just focus on the posters more....Cost me $75...I know some like mattes and fancy frames, but I just thought I would do simple...:-)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/ ... G_0638.jpg
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    shep wrote:

Probably about $2.50 less than you paid. :)

It was one of those "second chance" things... she had two, put one up for sale, you got it, then offered the 2nd to the #2 bidder. Enjoy!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    shep wrote:
    Definitely... I didn't want to pay too much more, as my framing jobs usually run me around $200....

Here is a pic of mine...On the right side of the photo there...I chose to go with just plain black frames for all of mine todate so to just focus on the posters more....Cost me $75...I know some like mattes and fancy frames, but I just thought I would do simple...:-)

I think that New Orleans one at the bottom of your shot wishes it was mine. :)

As for framing, i'm the same way... plain black frames all the way. I'm all about the poster... not the stuff around it. Besides, gives me more room on my walls. ;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    shep wrote:

I think that New Orleans one at the bottom of your shot wishes it was mine. :)

A quote]

LOL...I will keep that in mind when I decide to get rid of my collection! ;-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    shep wrote:

Probably about $2.50 less than you paid. :)

It was one of those "second chance" things... she had two, put one up for sale, you got it, then offered the 2nd to the #2 bidder. Enjoy!

now that sounds shady

i know i was saying earlier in the thread that this was probably legit... but somehow she had 2?

and never mentioned it in the original listing?

SHAY

D!!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Plus I dont think u can offer a 2nd chance off if the orignal person pays for the item....very strange.

now that sounds shady

i know i was saying earlier in the thread that this was probably legit... but somehow she had 2?

SHAY

D!!

I'm inclined to agree with you there... Guess there is nothing I can do about it until it shows up and I get to inspect it.... Ugh... My luck lately with posters and eBay has been terrible... I really hope that I didn't get screwed...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

now that sounds shady

SHAY

D!!

I'm inclined to agree with you there... Guess there is nothing I can do about it until it shows up and I get to inspect it.... Ugh... My luck lately with posters and eBay has been terrible... I really hope that I didn't get screwed...

this is the one with a rating of 888 right?

and how did you get presented this 2nd chance offer?

through the ebay message system or email?

you should double check if it was email... sounds like a phishing scam

although ebay/paypal should protect you
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    FYI- Checked thru the feedback of the seller I noticed they also sold PJ Showbox print in December and October. Thats as far back as I could see. I have trouble believing these were bought at the show as the seller claims.
    I bought mine through eBay/paypal, so I know that I will be protected.

I sent an email to the seller asking her to clarify a bunch of the things that you guys all brought up (thanks by the way... unfortunately I just moved and am without internet at home until Saturday and I don't like to get on eBay at work, and the phone is too slow to be surfing through all that stuff). If I don't get some kind of satisfactory answer, I'm going to cancel my payment.

Knowing that someone has sold 4 of these in the last 4 months seems very sketchy... I mean, if you bought 4 of them 5 years ago, you're not going to wait 5 years to start flipping them...

Wondering if you have any suggestions of things to ask for that would verify its authencity? I know that the printing tag is good, and there is no white dot under Pearl Jam, which are the common marks that show it's been faked.... Anything else? Does anyone have a copy of this themselves that they could send me some high-res images? If you could PM me I'll send you my email address... would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

shep
    The "second chance" thing came from ebay thru the ebay messaging system, and was purchased using PayPal via the EBay website and interface. If it's shady, I think I'm covered.

From this page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html
    You can make a Second Chance Offer to someone when:

Your item didn’t sell because the reserve price wasn’t met

You have duplicate items for sale

The winning bidder didn’t pay you

Now, seller said they bought two at the show. Honestly, I don't care how many they bought or where they got them or how many are stashed in the cellar, so long as it's legit. Seller has a pretty solid rating for a scammer, if she is one.

We shall see, I suppose.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    The "second chance" thing came from ebay thru the ebay messaging system, and was purchased using PayPal via the EBay website and interface. If it's shady, I think I'm covered.

From this page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html
    You can make a Second Chance Offer to someone when:

Your item didn’t sell because the reserve price wasn’t met

You have duplicate items for sale

The winning bidder didn’t pay you

Now, seller said they bought two at the show. Honestly, I don't care how many they bought or where they got them or how many are stashed in the cellar, so long as it's legit. Seller has a pretty solid rating for a scammer, if she is one.

We shall see, I suppose.

hopefully it's all good ... i traded mine a while ago so i can't help you with the high res pics

although them selling one a few months ago also raises a flag
  • Mcam55 wrote:
    Plus I dont think u can offer a 2nd chance off if the orignal person pays for the item....very strange.

Yes you can. There was nothing shady about this or the seller. Stop getting your panties in a bunch people. It happens all the time and plenty of people have multiples of posters.
  • Funny, I got a second chance offer for the print as well with a BiN for 140 as well.. saying that she had several others of these to get rid of.. That seemed a little shady to me so i skipped on getting the second chance for it..And I checked the feedback as well and saw a few other showboxes sold a few months ago with the same person, im skipping out on this one.. Maybe ill get to make a good trade when the Mystery Tube shows up from BK.
    Mcam55 wrote:

Yes you can. There was nothing shady about this or the seller. Stop getting your panties in a bunch people. It happens all the time and plenty of people have multiples of posters.

yeah you're right... there's tons of showbox posters around...

most people have 3, 4, or 5 to sell

you're right... nothing shady at all

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0401118881
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0388496035
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0420723202
    they also sell coach's purses

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0377094182

uh oh

• I can almost guarantee those are fake.
  • Mcam55 wrote:

yeah you're right... there's tons of showbox posters around...

most people have 3, 4, or 5 to sell

you're right... nothing shady at all

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0401118881
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0388496035
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0420723202

Do you see any feedback that would indicate the posters were fake? I'm not going to sit here and defend the seller because I don't know them and I have never done business with them but I don't know what the basis for the paranoia is. People do have multiples of posters. There was a fake Showbox sold on ebay in November but it was a different seller. If you are that worried, don't buy from the seller.
    Man... I'm pretty much an ebay n00b, so now this just makes me ill. I mean, I checked out the feedback to the point that it was overwhelmingly positive... but did not check each thing they were selling.

This is kind of frustrating and nerve-wracking. I mean, I guess if I get something bogus, the ebays and paypals cover my butt, but it's frustrating.

Potentially.

Pleh.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    tell me about it man...

my last 2 ebay purchases (before this one) were terrible too... had one guy pack a poster in a shitty tube and it got crushed along the way, creases throughout the poster.... i kept it just cause I got a good price and didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning it....

other guy claimed his poster was mint, when I got it there was a crease right through the middle... I was rotted... the guy shipped it in a small diameter tube and you could tell he damaged the poster getting it in there... again, got a good price on the poster, so I kept it just to avoid the hassle of dealing with sending it back to the guy (he was not open to the idea at all....)

and now this... which I have no idea what to do about.... still waiting on a response from the seller... think I might go searching for my money back this time though...

I think this is my last ebay poster purchase.... which is terrible cause that cuts off half the market...
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    My advice would be to try and find the buyers of the posters from late last year. I am sure that if they are PJ fans or poster collectors, they are probably on these boards or on the ebeans boards. They can tell you if what they received last year was bogus or not.

Seems weird to me that one seller would have both coach bags and PJ posters.

Edit: You can also contact the buyers from last year on Ebay. Just go to the feedback section for the seller and you can find those transactions and the buyers.
    So then I guess word out on the street is that there are some common signs of fake Showbox posters. Something about a white dot or whatnot.

What are these signs, so I can check against the product I receive (now that I'm effing scared to death)... man, this whole poster collecting nonsense was gonna be so much fun, too! I'm such a n00b.

Granted, just b/c what I get doesn't display typical counterfeit markings doesn't mean it's not faked some other way, but anything I can do to educate myself is all the better.

Mreh.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    I am really not trying to add fuel to the fire here, and I am just giving my OPINION.....Ebay has really become a place for fakes....doesnt matter if it is posters or jewelry or bags or art or what.....My wife has been doing ebay for years, and has pretty much stopped because it has gotten out of control...She did some research with the help of some friends and other ebayers a while back, and there are tons of scams going on....

One of the scams is that people will list stuff..bid it up themselves with a secondary email or have friends bid them up and then when the auction ends, it looks as though there has been a good transaction...they leave good feedback and everything and it looks legit...In most cases, they have not even sold the item to anyone...Once they get enough feedback and have some other things to back them up, they relist the fakes(in her case it was fake name brand jewelry that she had been selling real pcs of) and make $$ while offering 2nd chance offers to 3 or more people in the proccess, and most people are fooled because of the feedback and past history.

THAT SAID, I am NOT saying that this is what happened here...BUT...I was at that show, and the number of posters that were there was not that many...I bought mine and coatchecked it so I didnt have to hang onto it becauae of where i was going to be at the show...Tried to talk my friend into doing the same, but he insisted on getting his after the show....He went back to do so before the encore, and is STILL TO THIS DAY looking for that poster!! They were gone, and I honestly didnt see alot of people walking around with more than one..YES, I KNOW there were some that did, but they were only selling one per person when I was in line...I just find it hard to believe that after 6 years that someone would have extras just lying around that they bought AT THE SHOW...Could it happen..OF COURSE...I myself, find it kind of sketchy....Of course I hope to hell I am wrong, but if I am reading this thread accurately, there have been 2 others contacted AFTER THE FACT with 2nd chance offers???Really, what are the chances that someone had 3 or more as I am sure if there are 3 people here that have been contacted, there had to be more that bid that dont come here right??? And with all of the other fakes floating around on ebay as of late, I am just very concerned about buying ANY posters there these days...AGAIN...I hope to hell I am wrong, but this one is NOT sitting well with me...ok..you may all flame me now.... :(

tradeking... your opinion is not one to be taken lightly or to be flamed.

You have added to my sadness. I wish this thread was so active before the auction closed. May have saved me some trouble. The more I read, the more I realize I was probably screwed... of course, I can't say this without having seen the poster in person yet... but damn... what a potential disappointment.

These warnings and whatnot make my poster-collecting goals, most importantly for all of the shows I've actually been to, seem less attainable and less enjoyable.

I'll just add scammers to my list of reasons I'm holding out hope for a giant meteor.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    tradeking... your opinion is not one to be taken lightly or to be flamed.

You have added to my sadness. I wish this thread was so active before the auction closed. May have saved me some trouble. The more I read, the more I realize I was probably screwed... of course, I can't say this without having seen the poster in person yet... but damn... what a potential disappointment.

These warnings and whatnot make my poster-collecting goals, most importantly for all of the shows I've actually been to, seem less attainable and less enjoyable.

I'll just add scammers to my list of reasons I'm holding out hope for a giant meteor.

Like I said, I hope to hell I am wrong, and I am sure there are others that will think I am whacked for thinking this way....

As for your collecting..DO NOT GIVE UP...There are so so so many people here and on ebeans that you can get posters from...Come here...ask questions, look for stuff and ask people to help you find stuff. You would be surprised what we can find around here when we put our heads together!! Dont get me wrong, there are some very reputable people out there, but in this day and age of technology it is so easy to fake stuff anymore, whether it is posters or not, that it is just hard to tell any longer. Please let me know how this turns out... :(

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Those posters were wake they were onsale on this website

http://www.posters57.com/
    This too shall pass.....
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    5against1- wrote:
    Those posters were wake they were onsale on this website

http://www.posters57.com/

:cry: I believe they were selling this poster for $20...

Even if this poster ended being real i wouldn't want anything to do with it... :evil:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    They has acouple of PJ posters on this site Showbox, Ames Atlanta and a few others. Here is the thread link

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120564
    This too shall pass.....
    Well... showbox has arrived... moment of truth!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly