Showbox 04 poster help!!

shepshep Posts: 5,765
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Hi all,

in need of a little help from the poster gurus.

I'm looking at a poster on eBay on my phone of the showbox 04 show (I'd post the link here, but I don't like to open eBay at work). Anyway, long and short of the story is that the guy says that it is official, but I wanted to verify before I make a bid. There is no white dot under the pearl jam name, however the tag on the side says "design by brad klausen. Printing by Patent Pending." for some reason I was under the impression that the tag should be "brad klausen/d&l printing"... Could someone verify this for me? Just concerned as I know there are a lot of fakes of this poster out there.

Thanks,

shep
Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Yea I saw it on ebay too, I was thinking about bidding but I wasnt too sure about the the authenticity of it. Im curious as well.
  • Im curious now as well. Patent pending seems a little fishy to me like you guys above said, he works with D&L.

Im not a member over there, but you might wanna check BRY for more lowdown.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    send an email to BK at artillery and maybe you will get an answer
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    the person has 888 rating on ebay?

you really think this is where they would try to pull a scam?

plus look on ebeans

the actual photos of the print have that mark on them
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Patent Pending printed the Showbox poster for Brad. Not saying it is or isn't legit.... but yes, PP did the printing.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Sweet. Thanks for letting everyone know my grail is on ebay and ending soon. Now I have virtually no shot of getting it at a reasonable price.
  • It's not a fake...get out your wallets!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Sweet. Thanks for letting everyone know my grail is on ebay and ending soon. Now I have virtually no shot of getting it at a reasonable price.

If you wanna play, you gotta pay. I'll go run it up a little!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Sweet. Thanks for letting everyone know my grail is on ebay and ending soon. Now I have virtually no shot of getting it at a reasonable price.

Lol... sorry... my grail too... so you were bound to wind up in a bidding war with me anyway...

Just for those interested, got a response from Brad K:

Subj: Re: Showbox 04 poster - quick question

Hi That was the first poster I ever did and it was printed by Patent Bending

brad

On Jan 12, 2010, at 9:10 AM,
    Andrew Sheppard wrote:

Hi brad,

Looking at a showbox 04 poster up on eBay, and was wondering about
    its authenticity. The guy claims that it is for real, and shows the
    printing tag on the side as "Design by Brad Klausen. Printing by
    Patent Pending.". I was under the impression that the tag should be
    "Brad Klausen/D & L Printing" if possible could you tell me what is
    the real deal??

Would really appreciate it. Have been trying to get my hands on
    this poster for a while, but want to make sure I am getting the
    real deal, considering the piece I would have to pay.

Thanks,

shep

Sent from my iPhone
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • shep wrote:

Lol... sorry... my grail too... so you were bound to wind up in a bidding war with me anyway...

Just for those interested, got a response from Brad K:

Subj: Re: Showbox 04 poster - quick question

Hi That was the first poster I ever did and it was printed by Patent Bending

brad

On Jan 12, 2010, at 9:10 AM,
    Andrew Sheppard wrote:

Hi brad,

Looking at a showbox 04 poster up on eBay, and was wondering about
    its authenticity. The guy claims that it is for real, and shows the
    printing tag on the side as "Design by Brad Klausen. Printing by
    Patent Pending.". I was under the impression that the tag should be
    "Brad Klausen/D & L Printing" if possible could you tell me what is
    the real deal??

Would really appreciate it. Have been trying to get my hands on
    this poster for a while, but want to make sure I am getting the
    real deal, considering the piece I would have to pay.

Thanks,

shep

Sent from my iPhone
    Thanks for the clarification on that Andy. BK has always been good with responding in my experience. Good luck with obtaining it. It's an amazing print.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    :::prepares for bidding war::::
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Mcam55 wrote:

Just pm me your best offers, and once I get one I like, I will just end the auction and save you all the headache! ;-) Otherwise, GOOD LUCK...BID HIGH AND BID OFTEN!! Thanks... ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    Mcam55 wrote:

Just pm me your best offers, and once I get one I like, I will just end the auction and save you all the headache! ;-) Otherwise, GOOD LUCK...BID HIGH AND BID OFTEN!! Thanks... ;-)

oh its you selling it....::::closes wallet:::: :lol:
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012

:o How could you? you flipper!

flipper.jpg

Post the link so everyone can complain! :lol:

Good luck bro that poster worth every penny you could make with it! Don't let it go cheap 8-)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • MajLreapMajLreap Posts: 100
    I am selling my Pearl Jam showbox that is an AP signed and numbered by Brad for $325 shipped. if anyone is interested.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Mcam55 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

oh its you selling it....::::closes wallet:::: :lol:

What exactly are you trying to say here??? 8-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    Patent Pending printed the Showbox poster for Brad. Not saying it is or isn't legit.... but yes, PP did the printing.
    This is accurate.
  • grrr... I was hoping this was going to slip through.. Im the high bidder on that poster right now.. (I think, havent checked in a little bit) I set my max price pretty high, but im sure someone is going outbid me on that at the last min... damn you people!!! ;-)
    MajLreap wrote:
    I am selling my Pearl Jam showbox that is an AP signed and numbered by Brad for $325 shipped. if anyone is interested.

that seems a bit much doesn't it? I mean I like brad's signtaure too (heaven knows I have a dozen copies of it) but that's approximately double what this poster is going to sell for... And it's only going to get covered up when I bring it to the framers....

Drop your price $125 and you've got a deal.

Otherwise I'll see the rest of you on eBay in about 6 hours.... :)
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    shep wrote:
    MajLreap wrote:

that seems a bit much doesn't it? I mean I like brad's signtaure too (heaven knows I have a dozen copies of it) but that's approximately double what this poster is going to sell for... And it's only going to get covered up when I bring it to the framers....

Drop your price $125 and you've got a deal.

Otherwise I'll see the rest of you on eBay in about 6 hours.... :)
    Last recorded sale of an AP was 2007. It sold for $260. You rarely see this on ebay.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • the one on Ebay is not an A/P though.....
    the one on Ebay is not an A/P though.....
    I was referring to MajLreap who has an AP for sale at $325 and was offered $125 by Shep.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • the one on Ebay is not an A/P though.....
    I was referring to MajLreap who has an AP for sale at $325 and was offered $125 by Shep.

I hear ya, I just meant that the one on the 'bay shouldn't even go that high..... :)

I hear ya, I just meant that the one on the 'bay shouldn't even go that high..... :)
    I agree. Though $150-175 seems attainable, with a stretch to $200
    For those who wanna follow the action;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-PEARL-JAM-2 ... 35a6253602
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org

I know it's a rare item, and for the record I was offering 200, which I could stretch to 225 maybe... But I have no expectation to get it at that price. It's not really worth more than that to me, cause I will frame it, and you won't be able to see the signature anyway... So I would rather get a first at a cheaper price... But that's just my preference for this poster...others would be different, as unfortunately I can't frame everything.

I'm not trying to be an as... Was trying to throw out a number above what the first value would be, but can't afford what he's asking... Was trying to be reasonable about it. Didn't mean to insult anyone
  • Ok, so who won it?

I got distracted at work and missed the end of the auction and lost by damn 2.50... <sigh>
    I won it.

And you didn't lose by 2.50... I bid a fair bit above that... Can't wait to get this in a frame on the wall...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    good price for that poster
    Definitely... I didn't want to pay too much more, as my framing jobs usually run me around $200....

Anybody frame this before? Any suggestions? (a pic would be nice) :D
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    shep wrote:
    I won it.

And you didn't lose by 2.50... I bid a fair bit above that... Can't wait to get this in a frame on the wall...

And I got the 2nd one she slammed out after the auction was over. w00t. I am super looking forward to this.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt