...Hopeless...

Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Is it even possible to find that 'old school' type of love anymore?

One without all the bullshit? No drama. No lies.

I want love, trust, honesty, and sex... Must be a tall order for today's standards

I guess we as a society are just faliures
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002

I want love, trust, honesty, and sex... Must be a tall order for today's standards
    I sure as fuck hope it IS possible. And I don't think it's a tall order. Just requires patience to find and an openness to see it when it presents itself.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

tis why i'm single and probably always will be
  • just like there are sexual predator list, they should have one for douchebags. It would save alot of hassle.

I just want someone to share my obsessions- travel and concerts. Oh, and not be a jerk-off...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited January 2010
    I think it's possible, I just think with the times of.... texting , emailing, we do not interact as much on the human level.

I think there are so many distractions from keeping that "old school" love from prevailing, and growing.

how many times have you been pissed of or hurt because someone texted to you something that you took the wrong way , just because it didn't translate well in text form.

that's not all, but I do believe that shit like that is getting in the way. Everything is so .... impersonal.

I also believe that we have to keep track of so many different things now compared to ... 5 years ago even, that it makes it harder to keep track of the most important thing. The person you love that is standing right the fuck infront of you.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this right now.
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Is it even possible to find that 'old school' type of love anymore?

Possible but very rare. I think too many people like all the childish drama to be honest.

Trust and honesty seem to be traits fast dissapearing from the human pysche. At least in my town.

Lust and love are to concepts very much mistaken these days.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    it took me awhile to find it, but i did. and it happened when i least expected it. i understand the frustration, though because i used to often wonder the same thing. just wanted you to know that there's a little bit of hope!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'm sorry ladies. There's only one Donkey and I'm afraid I'm spoken for.

If shit doesn't work out, I'll start a thread.

Good luck to all you singles. I'd hate to be in your shoes.

Your panties? Yes.

Shoes? No.
  • ummm, couldnt agree more on the whole impersonal thing, ie texting
    one of my ex's asked my dad's permission to marry me via text message (which I luckily intercepted)... if that doesnt say true love, I dont know what does. :D
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    then try dateing a goofball, lol i mean think about it, why would they lie ect all they wanna do is make the world smile an lol anyways dont give up whos kknows you might someone at the next pj show way nar-lee who will just be right for you, =)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ummm, couldnt agree more on the whole impersonal thing, ie texting
    one of my ex's asked my dad's permission to marry me via text message (which I luckily intercepted)... if that doesnt say true love, I dont know what does. :D

seriously?? are people really this dumb?? :wtf: :roll:

y'all should stop telling these stories...all it does is solidify my bachelorhood :oops: :P
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:

tis why i'm single and probably always will be

amen.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    the wolf wrote:
    I think it's possible, I just think with the times of.... texting , emailing, we do not interact as much on the human level.

I think there are so many distractions from keeping that "old school" love from prevailing, and growing.

how many times have you been pissed of or hurt because someone texted to you something that you took the wrong way , just because it didn't translate well in text form.

that's not all, but I do believe that shit like that is getting in the way. Everything is so .... impersonal.

I also believe that we have to keep track of so many different things now compared to ... 5 years ago even, that it makes it harder to keep track of the most important thing. The person you love that is standing right the fuck infront of you.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this right now.

The one thing I have learned the last 4-5 months since my separation is just how bad at communicating I am(we were). I have had so much time to myself lately that I can look back and see all the fucking mistakes that we made together going as far back as 1995. I am not 100% to blame by any means, but if I had done this or that, I wonder if it could have been saved somehow? I also see just how broken we really were and think that even if I had said or done something, that it would not have made a difference. At any rate, the vow I have made to myself moving forward is to say what is on my mind and not ASSUME that the other person gets it...me..or the situation. Hind sight is always 20/20, right?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • great post..i hope,im positive person..there all u talk about out there...u will find them,some times u need to travel for them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lol! Thats why I say that I need to date a foreigner. We wouldnt be able to understand eachother, couldnt say hurtful things to one another, only actions! Lovely actions!

Sadly, I could tell many stories of all the winners that have been in my life or my friends... I am dating older from now on. Much older. Ones that dont know how to use a cell phone!

Done the goofballs- much preferred over everything.

Sadly all the older, silly, respectful, honest, thrill-seeking pj fans must be taken...
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314

I just want someone to share my obsessions- travel and concerts. Oh, and not be a jerk-off...

from some of your posts, I get the impression you do this already - travel and go to concerts? I hope you do. Not having someone to do it with should never stop you from doing what you want. I've learned that along the way and still never wait around for someone to show me a good time. Case in point? I took myself out to dinner New Years Eve then headed to Fenway New Years Day. I didn't have a ticket to the Winter Classic but wanted to enjoy the vibe of outdoor hockey at Fenway. Just so happens, I managed to score a single ticket and went to the game myself. Met some cool people and had a blast. I'd rather do something by myself than sit at home and wait for someone to join me.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Whizbang wrote:

from some of your posts, I get the impression you do this already - travel and go to concerts? I hope you do. Not having someone to do it with should never stop you from doing what you want. I've learned that along the way and still never wait around for someone to show me a good time. Case in point? I took myself out to dinner New Years Eve then headed to Fenway New Years Day. I didn't have a ticket to the Winter Classic but wanted to enjoy the vibe of outdoor hockey at Fenway. Just so happens, I managed to score a single ticket and went to the game myself. Met some cool people and had a blast. I'd rather do something by myself than sit at home and wait for someone to join me.

I have just cocnluded that to do 90% of the stuff i wanna do i have to do it on ,my own. Nobody like the kinda stuff i like or is willing to try something new. It really sucks sometimes not being able to share with someone the simple pleasures of your activities and interests.

Luckily i have some friends who like Pearl Jam :D
  • Oh, I def. do my best and not let it affect how I live my life and I still do what I want to do... But sometimes I think it would be nice to share them with someone else...

And kudos to you for being a fearless single as well!!! We certainly cant just sit and wait for Mr. Right. I think that they have be skimping on the manufacturing of them as well, due to the economy...
    :D:D:D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Never hopeless we must always have hope and faith. Enjoy yourself and enjoy yourself alone until love comes your way- be very proud of who you are alone- thats to be proud of. To be happy and content alone.
    I am a romantic and believe your soul mate will someday come. Then you will be ready to live with and for him and he you.
  • lol! Thats why I say that I need to date a foreigner. We wouldnt be able to understand eachother, couldnt say hurtful things to one another, only actions! Lovely actions!

Sadly, I could tell many stories of all the winners that have been in my life or my friends... I am dating older from now on. Much older. Ones that dont know how to use a cell phone!

Sadly all the older, silly, respectful, honest, thrill-seeking pj fans must be taken...
    not all..how old u mean?? :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    lol! Thats why I say that I need to date a foreigner. We wouldnt be able to understand eachother, couldnt say hurtful things to one another, only actions! Lovely actions!

is a 37 year old, heart broken, goofball who loves to travel to old ? ;)

:lol:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    the wolf wrote:
    lol! Thats why I say that I need to date a foreigner. We wouldnt be able to understand eachother, couldnt say hurtful things to one another, only actions! Lovely actions!

is a 37 year old, heart broken, goofball who loves to travel to old ? ;)

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: NICE!!! Was about to say the same thing about a 40yo!!! LOL
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • D- you have the language thing working for you!

wolf- SOUNDS PERFECT!

But whats you 10C #?

:lol:;):lol:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

I have been feeling pretty rubbish about being single recently, I want all the things you talk of and I truely hope that I will find it...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    D- you have the language thing working for you!

wolf- SOUNDS PERFECT!

But whats you 10C #?

:lol:;):lol:

used to be freakin' great !!! forgot to renew when the ex wife and I seperated. :cry:

its 200XXX not very good. :?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Us single girls need not wallow in our sorrows... I am proud to not be stuck in a dead-end relationship. My single staus represents me not settling and being true to myself.

Hrmmm, 200's huh? Sounds good! Do you mind if I dump my beer on all the girls at concerts that leave to go get a pretzel? Cause thats part of the package...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Us single girls need not wallow in our sorrows... I am proud to not be stuck in a dead-end relationship. My single staus represents me not settling and being true to myself.

Hrmmm, 200's huh? Sounds good! Do you mind if I dump my beer on all the girls at concerts that leave to go get a pretzel? Cause thats part of the package...

uh oh, are you one of those gals that like to start fights where us guys have to come to the rescue?

Then we find ourselves standing off with some 6'8" dude asking us, "hey man, what's up with your girl? Why is she giving my girl shit?"

:?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Us single girls need not wallow in our sorrows... I am proud to not be stuck in a dead-end relationship. My single staus represents me not settling and being true to myself.

uh oh, are you one of those gals that like to start fights where us guys have to come to the rescue?

Then we find ourselves standing off with some 6'8" dude asking us, "hey man, what's up with your girl? Why is she giving my girl shit?"

:?

To which you reply 'Ive never seen that crazy lady in my life' :lol:
  • Hahahaha! That's fricken hilarious!!!
    I am not that girl! I hate stupid drama

Only joking- but I will glare at her as she walks past me and scream the lyrics in her face!!! :lol
    I am too much of a happy person to start shit with anyone...
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

I have done more since splitting up with my ex. I realised after we split up that for nearly 10 years I wasn't being true to myself, being the person I was before I met him, now I am and can't imagine being in a relationship that alters me again. You can only love another when you love yourself.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • wolf wins by seniority... :lol::lol: