Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    :lol:
    May be an image of 2 people and text that says ALL SPORTS CULTURE SPIRIT BANDWAGON FAN Comes with -Yankees Hat -Cowboys chain -Lakers jersey -Alabama flag 23D174TH121 23 DAL 17 4TH 12114 ADULT Size Costume ONE SIZE EITS MOST
    I don't see the Lakers being a bandwagon team anymore, Cowboys either.   

I can't remember ever being that upset over a sporting event either, lol.
    These are classic bandwagon teams - when they see good everyone flies their flags.  When they suck, a lot of fans no longer fly that shit around.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    May be an image of 2 people and text that says ALL SPORTS CULTURE SPIRIT BANDWAGON FAN Comes with -Yankees Hat -Cowboys chain -Lakers jersey -Alabama flag 23D174TH121 23 DAL 17 4TH 12114 ADULT Size Costume ONE SIZE EITS MOST

These are classic bandwagon teams - when they see good everyone flies their flags.  When they suck, a lot of fans no longer fly that shit around.
    When have the cowboys been good, lol?  I call that a fairweather fan.   
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279

Well they're also fair weather, that is part of what makes them frauds.

I would put something UNC basketball related on that costume for good measure. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I would put something UNC basketball related on that costume for good measure. lol
    Agree.  In this case the two terms cover the same thing.
    Shit fans.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Oh man I loved UNC, Duke and UNLV back in the day.  I just loved watching good basketball played.

i still watch Duke and UNC, don't care for Kentucky or AZ.
  • Options

Oh man I loved UNC, Duke and UNLV back in the day.  I just loved watching good basketball played.

Perhaps you would enjoy this costume?

lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Perhaps you would enjoy this costume?

lol
    Yeah we've discussed this before.  I'm a sports fan first.  I've got zero hometown loyalty because I moved around so much. I chose to root for different teams for different reasons.  I'm not a homer at least.
  • Options
    Lakers though I rooted for LBJ what ever team he's on.
    Halos i attend local Mets and Yankees games to cheer them on.
    Broncos TV only
    Islanders Haven't been to USB yet.

College
    Football Hurricanes
    Basketball  UNC but I don't care as much since the 1 and done era.  It's hard to be excited about a team thats a different roster every year.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    I can barely watch today’s athletes! I only watch hockey that’s about it I don’t own their jerseys just an Islanders hat! Been a fan since 1977.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I can barely watch today’s athletes! I only watch hockey that’s about it I don’t own their jerseys just an Islanders hat! Been a fan since 1977.
    I became a fan because my gym teacher indoctrinated me, lol.
  • Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a homer. Being a homer, as a sports fan, is what people should strive for actually. Civic pride.

But yeah I remember talking about you moving around and stuff. I get it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a homer. Being a homer, as a sports fan, is what people should strive for actually. Civic pride.

I agree I only root for my home team! 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

How about we sub golden state for the lakers then? 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Def! 
  • Options

That works, lol!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    my gym teacher indoctrinated me, lol.
    That's what they're calling it these days, "indoctrinated"? Did he get charged?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Yeah, there's a negative connotation about being a homer that i just don't get... If you still live in the city where you grew up and still root for the teams you watched as a kid... I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Even if you move, and still root for the teams you rooted for as a kid, isn't that what it means to be a 'fan'? (I think people forget that fan is short for fanatic).

No knock on someone like Tempo switching allegiances / rooting for new teams having moved around a lot, nor do I care if someone simply chooses to root for a team from another city... to each his own... but how homer came to have a negative connotation is beyond me. (If I had to guess, it's probably a byproduct of sports media BS) 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    HAHAHA!  It was 1979 and I was in Kindergarten. He taught us an Islander chant.  So when I finally found an interest in  Hockey I followed the Isles.  Got to live through them taking a great player and then trading them away...
    Pallfy, Turgeon, LaFontaine...
  • Options

Yeah, there's a negative connotation about being a homer that i just don't get... If you still live in the city where you grew up and still root for the teams you watched as a kid... I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Even if you move, and still root for the teams you rooted for as a kid, isn't that what it means to be a 'fan'? (I think people forget that fan is short for fanatic).

No knock on someone like Tempo switching allegiances / rooting for new teams having moved around a lot, nor do I care if someone simply chooses to root for a team from another city... to each his own... but how homer came to have a negative connotation is beyond me. (If I had to guess, it's probably a byproduct of sports media BS) 
    Hmmmmm. To be fair....now that I think of this...maybe it has a negative connotation because it implies you blindly root for the team and disregard their short comings or something? If that is the case, I can understand. By homer, I just mean being a fan of the team in the town that you live. You stick by them in good times and bad but you absolutely have to be critical of them as well when necessary. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Hmmmmm. To be fair....now that I think of this...maybe it has a negative connotation because it implies you blindly root for the team and disregard their short comings or something? If that is the case, I can understand. By homer, I just mean being a fan of the team in the town that you live. You stick by them in good times and bad but you absolutely have to be critical of them as well when necessary. 
    I guess then it's all in what someone infers from the term 'homer'.  
  • Options

Knicks fans are Homers and delusional.

To me a homer is the person that roots for their team and still thinks they are the best and everybody sucks... They see no bad in the team.

• Options
    I guess I just infer "roots for the home team" when I hear homer.

It's not as if someone who roots for a team from another city isn't capable of the same level of fanaticism. (seeing no bad in the team they root for that is) 
  • Options

It's not as if someone who roots for a team from another city isn't capable of the same level of fanaticism. (seeing no bad in the team they root for that is) 
    Semantics. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I root for the Halos and by god I see the forest for the trees.

My glimmer of hope is 2 things, Arte sells soon and those 22 pitchers they drafted come to something.  Oh yeah and a full season where Rendon, Trout and Ohtani are all healthy, so 3.
  • Options

Yeah that’s how I am you have to be critical of your team just as well as rooting for them through good & bad! I’m a homer 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Knicks fans.....BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Poor bastards.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Poncier said:
    HAHAHA!  It was 1979 and I was in Kindergarten. He taught us an Islander chant.  So when I finally found an interest in  Hockey I followed the Isles.  Got to live through them taking a great player and then trading them away...
    Pallfy, Turgeon, LaFontaine...

Westfall giving Kate Smith flowers was my first Isles memory. Didn't work but back then to come from behind 3-0 games against the Pens and almost do it again against the Flyers, all in their 3rd season as a franchise, wow!

And who knew what I was in five, six, seven and eight years later. Coulda been four and nine years as well!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    I don't think anyone "bandwaagons" Alabama...you're either a fan or you despise them.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I don't think anyone "bandwaagons" Alabama...you're either a fan or you despise them.

Ughh I’d hate to smell what ever comes out of that mouth damn why keep that one tooth! Yeah fuck Alabama 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Ughh I’d hate to smell what ever comes out of that mouth damn why keep that one tooth! Yeah fuck Alabama 
    That's how he opens his beer cans, lol!