Options

so anyone have a Kenyan Hall they want to sell me??

2»

Comments

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Thanks...but it's not a karma earner....it's just the right thing to do :) The person I've let have it, really wanted it and as I said it was the only one he was after, so I wouldn't have enjoyed owning it, knowing he didn't get one.

I just have to keep everything crossed that someone can help me out, cuz as much as I really want this poster, I can't afford to pay what they're going for on eBay :(
    *chants* Ebay Ebay Ebay!

Why didn't you buy it for yourself?
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    vital5 wrote:
    *chants* Ebay Ebay Ebay!

Why didn't you buy it for yourself?
    I did....but then when Rob missed out, I said he could have it....I know how much he REALLY wanted it.....so I'd rather him have it. If I don't end up getting one, I'll still be happier knowing he's got one than if I'd kept it.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I did....but then when Rob missed out, I said he could have it....I know how much he REALLY wanted it.....so I'd rather him have it. If I don't end up getting one, I'll still be happier knowing he's got one than if I'd kept it.
    wanna buy a poster book? mine's just sitting on the floor of my bedroom in the mailing bag... lol
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    wanna buy a poster book? mine's just sitting on the floor of my bedroom in the mailing bag... lol
    ummmm - no
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    pdalowsky wrote:
    not that I've been inundated with offers a kind soul on the board has offered to help me out at cost and therefore I should be sorted...

there are good people in the world....

That is awsome news Paul!

Im happy for you!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271

I gave my Portland to ThatGirl, Who was with me at the show, but for some reason opted to not get one. I was smart enough to tho, but in the end she's wanted it ever since, and has lost auction after Ebay auction for one, so it's hers now. Would have looked good next to my new blue Ed poster, but I can always get another. I'm just happy she has it now, even as much as I appreciated it myself.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,805
    cheers Niko - I know I'm chuffed to bits....

Was a bit gutted when i missed out, the chap who's been so kind is charging me exactly what it cost him....He managed to secure an AP after all too...

Great addition and one that will be framed quite quickly I think...
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    I am out of town and wasn't able to get to a computer during the sale. I got back to my sister's place as fast as I could and tried for one, but they were out.

If anyone has an extra Kenyon Hall, I'd be really grateful!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    pdalowsky wrote:
    cheers Niko - I know I'm chuffed to bits....

Was a bit gutted when i missed out, the chap who's been so kind is charging me exactly what it cost him....He managed to secure an AP after all too...

Great addition and one that will be framed quite quickly I think...

Paul - you're posts are always great to read...I learn all sorts of new words like "chuffed" - I think we need a word of the day thread for you ;)
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    yeah here it is....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Brad-Klausen-Eddie-Vedder-Kenyon-Hall-Poster_W0QQitemZ140235286105QQihZ004QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no thats not my auction and i know putting these links is frowned upon, but just read his bullshit story.

he says it was a gift that he hasn't received yet. i'm going to e-mail brad about this see if he can take it down
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:
    yeah here it is....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Brad-Klausen-Eddie-Vedder-Kenyon-Hall-Poster_W0QQitemZ140235286105QQihZ004QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no thats not my auction and i know putting these links is frowned upon, but just read his bullshit story.

he says it was a gift that he hasn't received yet. i'm going to e-mail brad about this see if he can take it down
    Haha! I already e-mailed Brad about 13 hours ago about this exact auction :)

What a friggen prick!! :mad: (not Brad....the person selling the poster)
  • Options
    yeah he e-mailed me back saying he is working on it.

serioiusly brad is so cool. he himself responds to e-mails and guides us through the intense hours when his posters go up for sale. i've gained a lot of respect for him in the last week
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

• Options
    poto101 wrote:
    yeah he e-mailed me back saying he is working on it.

serioiusly brad is so cool. he himself responds to e-mails and guides us through the intense hours when his posters go up for sale. i've gained a lot of respect for him in the last week
    Absolutely....and that was why I contacted him....knowing he would want to know AND do something about it :) It's great that Brad is doing what he can to stop these arseholes......as if the poor guy isn't busy enough already.
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 247
    Absolutely....and that was why I contacted him....knowing he would want to know AND do something about it :) It's great that Brad is doing what he can to stop these arseholes......as if the poor guy isn't busy enough already.

that is too funny - i wonder how many of those emails BK had to read - must be getting just as pissed from reading through peoples complaints. There is plenty of stuff i couldnt buy from 10c like the towel, benaroya vinyl, laptop bag, a bunch of posters (mostly the harder to find expensive ones) - and though i get mad i didnt get a certain item, its not the end of the world, and if its something you want that bad, then it just may be worth paying the cray fleabay inflation - or maybe not - that is your decision to make as a consumer.

and not to teach anyone how to be a rat, but I'm sure BK will feel a bit relieved if his inbox isnt flooded with " this @*%&#?!! has your Kenyon Hall poster up for sale and i'm mad because i didnt get one, so go and rectify the situation, since it's your fault you created this poster in the first place"
    TO rat out a listing to ebay police, just scroll down to the bottom of the auction ad and click "REPORT THIS ITEM"
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    venmosvenmos Posts: 29
    i saw that auction, was thinking about bidding on it as it is in the uk. why do you guys think there's a problem? ive bought klausen prints off ebay before and never had a problem?
  • Options
    venmos wrote:
    i saw that auction, was thinking about bidding on it as it is in the uk. why do you guys think there's a problem? ive bought klausen prints off ebay before and never had a problem?

I believe Brad imposed a restriction on resale.
  • Options
    oh right, is that a recent thing then? cause i have bought posters by klausen off ebay before. anyway, i take it i shouldnt bid then?
  • Options
    venmos wrote:
    oh right, is that a recent thing then? cause i have bought posters by klausen off ebay before. anyway, i take it i shouldnt bid then?

This was the first I noticed it, but these are part of BK's terms and conditions "Applicable Law; Resale or Export
    You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the United States . YOU AGREE AND REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE BUYING FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE ONLY, AND NOT FOR RESALE OR EXPORT."
  • Options
    so does that apply to posters bought off 10c as well? cause there must be some of those coming onto ebay soon
  • Options
    venmos wrote:
    so does that apply to posters bought off 10c as well? cause there must be some of those coming onto ebay soon

Has been a 10c policy for a long time (see Santos' announcement: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=285664) - typically, it is easy for a seller to claim they acquired the print at a show - Kenyon in a little unique in that there were only 200 people there. Makes it a little easier to spot people violating the policy.
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    poto101 wrote:
    yeah here it is....

...ha..nice auction...I love the bullshit stories
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    if anyone wants to buy or trade posters they should really check out Expresso Beans..the folks there are straight up. I have purchased both from Ebay and Expresso beans and have to say EB is better because you don't have to pay shitty Ebay fees...peace
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    that is too funny - i wonder how many of those emails BK had to read - must be getting just as pissed from reading through peoples complaints. There is plenty of stuff i couldnt buy from 10c like the towel, benaroya vinyl, laptop bag, a bunch of posters (mostly the harder to find expensive ones) - and though i get mad i didnt get a certain item, its not the end of the world, and if its something you want that bad, then it just may be worth paying the cray fleabay inflation - or maybe not - that is your decision to make as a consumer.

and not to teach anyone how to be a rat, but I'm sure BK will feel a bit relieved if his inbox isnt flooded with " this @*%&#?!! has your Kenyon Hall poster up for sale and i'm mad because i didnt get one, so go and rectify the situation, since it's your fault you created this poster in the first place"
    TO rat out a listing to ebay police, just scroll down to the bottom of the auction ad and click "REPORT THIS ITEM"
    Get off your high fecken horse :rolleyes:
    I may be wrong....but I was under the impression that Brad was keen to get onto these people, who are blatantly going against his policy. I didn't "REPORT THIS ITEM" because I e-mailed him not long after the poster was listed, in the hope that Brad could cancel his order, if it hasn't already been sent.
    I wasn't complaining to Brad....I THOUGHT I was helping him out by making him aware of this particular listing........which might as well have said "I know when this poster was purchased I agreed not to re-sell it, but fuck that! fuck the artist! I got it to make me some money off the ones that missed out on it etc etc"

I'm also aware that the only way I'm going to own this great poster is by probably getting one from eBay and hopefully will be lucky enough to eventually get one that is within my budget.

A couple of Brads posts regarding this matter:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5463928&postcount=205

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5463956&postcount=223
  • Options
    venmos wrote:
    Yes it does....it was clearly written under each poster on the site :)
  • Options
    if anyone wants to buy or trade posters they should really check out Expresso Beans..the folks there are straight up. I have purchased both from Ebay and Expresso beans and have to say EB is better because you don't have to pay shitty Ebay fees...peace

Its better if you are the person SELLING the poster. Buyers don't pay fee's other than the price of the auction. As a buyer, the prices aren't really any better on EB from what I've seen...BUT I guess the advantage of EB is the probability of getting a good seller vs a scam artist is very high.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,805
    mjb wrote:
    Paul - you're posts are always great to read...I learn all sorts of new words like "chuffed" - I think we need a word of the day thread for you ;)
    ha ha, yorkshire english is like a whole new language!!!
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:
    yeah here it is....

I just went to have a look at how this auction was going and it's been removed?? I wonder if Brad got onto it or it's another reason??
  • Options
    nice work brad!
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

• Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    i think it mostly has to do with selling it before he actually has it. that makes it obvious you bought it just to sell it. the smart thing to do would be to hold onto it for a few then sell it. because once you get it in your hands there isn't really a way to tell who the person is anymore once they try to sell it.

i imagine the unfortunate thing will be the dramatic increase in prices for APs from klausen. i remember at bumbershoot last year brad was selling the DC poster for $350 and i heard him explain to someone that he was selling it for that much because of people trying to resell it.