Options

EDDIES BEING SUED!

124»

Comments

• Options
    the lawsuit was personally delivered to eddie before he took the stage for the benefit concert/benaroya hall

the basis of it had to do with pj copying the process as to how bootlegs were made. never heard anything more on it

eddie said it was a punk rock thing to do to deliver a lawsuit before a benefit show

at least thats how i remember the story...

being punk rock is also about calling out people who post numerous threads on the same topic ;)
  • Options
    teenage wasteland
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    Smellyman wrote:
    Could of gone the Jerry Hannan route Gordon.....

Play with Ed enjoy your royalties and second life.

continue to wallow in your self pity.

i agree - i had no idea who Jerry Hannan was (even though he lives quite close to me) until ITW - and after i heard Society, i went and bought a couple of Jerrys albums - he seems like a real cool guy too.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283

being punk rock is also about calling out people who post numerous threads on the same topic ;)

wrong. that is called "douchebagery." look it up.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    i heard russell crowe is filling a lawsuit against him too, citing he has exclusive copyrights to this look.

russell_crowe.jpg

hahahha. hilarious
  • Options

u r wrong. LMFAO

BUMP

i bet if i create a BRAND new thread we will finally get a MERGE :lol:
  • Options

u r wrong. LMFAO

BUMP

yeah...i am SO hoping for a merge here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ha ha kat is in hiding
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    MrSmith wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    This sort of case dates back to the 1930s and 40s. To enable white artists to be able to "steal" songs from black artists, Congress passed a law stating that once a recording is commercially released by the songwriter, anyone else can release their own version of the same song as long as they pay the publishing royalties to the owner of the publishing rights. The amount was miniscule, something like 2 cents per pressed copy. This is what is known as a compulsory mechanical license (since the royalties were based on the number of copies that were mechanically reproduced). This allowed white artists to pretty much steal the songs written by black artists, since they did not need permission, and they paid a very small royalty.

The same law is in effect today, however, if the artist recording the new version want to change any lyrics, etc, said artist must get the permission of the songwriter/holder of the publishing rights.

This law has always baffled me. If a Neo-Nazi band wants to release a recording of a Pearl Jam song, as long as the new version stays true to the original version, there is no way to stop them from doing it!
    its a ridiculous concept that would make virtually every cover illegal. give me a break.

I am confused...which concept is so ridiculous that you need a break?
  • Options

dude i tried my best

but um i like(?) yer thread better cause it contains so much unintelligent info
  • Options

dude i tried my best

but um i like(?) yer thread better cause it contains so much unintelligent info

thanks for your contributions. we all appreciate it.

lets hope for a merge buddy. i have my fingers crossed for you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Troublemaking youths!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

lets hope for a merge buddy. i have my fingers crossed for you.

hey if that crazybreeddude can make a 5 page long porch thread about f'n avatars then anything is possible

ps i think u need to respond to my thread. its ONLY fair
  • Options
    the kidd posted and went away

ugh
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    moses-i wrote:
    I got to play devil's advocate here. First of all, assuming he agreed, if Peterson was not aware that his lyrics were being altered he has some cause to be upset. It may seem like a small change, but when you're a writer and you are particular about your words, I could see how it would be irritating for someone to alter your words. Moreover, I decided to give Peterson's Big Harvest album a listen and was a little shocked. Personally, I heard some stuff that could've been pulled from a few Pearl Jam albums (even though the album was released well before Ten or any other Pearl Jam album). I also found it interesting how well Hard Sun "fit" Vedder. Like I was really surprised that he didn't write it. But seriously, listen to the song Grinding Wheel. I was convinced for a minute that it was actually the opening of Ten. I am by no means suggesting Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam stole any ideas from Peterson or anything of the sort, but to me there is a definite similarity between Big Harvest and some Pearl Jam compositions.

Ssshhh.

I'm sure that the lawsuit is a cash grab, but you are absolutely right -- there is a definite Peterson "influence" in a lot of Eddie's writing (or they have shockingly similar songwriting styles). If Peterson does in fact feel that Eddie did bite some of his stuff, maybe this is the only way he can voice his displeasure to the public. I'm sure that if Eddie hears about this lawsuit he will feel really badly for Peterson as he sleeps on his pile of money with his supermodel wife -- lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    the lawsuit was personally delivered to eddie before he took the stage for the benefit concert/benaroya hall

the basis of it had to do with pj copying the process as to how bootlegs were made. never heard anything more on it

eddie said it was a punk rock thing to do to deliver a lawsuit before a benefit show

at least thats how i remember the story...

I think he said, "punk ass", not "punk rock", as the former is douchbaggery and the later is fucking sweet.

That dude that supoened EV at the Benaroya show was a 'punk ass bitch'.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wilds wrote:

I think he said, "punk ass", not "punk rock", as the former is douchbaggery and the later is fucking sweet.

That dude that supoened EV at the Benaroya show was a 'punk ass bitch'.

I think you are right because i do remember punk ass, not punk rock.... and yes, we were there at the show. :mrgreen:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII