Being pregnant is NOT a disability!

13»

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    When chicks get pregnant, their asses get bigger and rouuuuuuunder.

Just saying.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    When chicks get pregnant, their asses get bigger and rouuuuuuunder.

Just saying.

That's not always true. ;)

Funny this thread was resurrected....this stupid chick got herself preggo AGAIN! Her son isn't even a year old yet, she lives in a 1 room apartment with her baby daddy who don't work....omg
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Soooo, this new girl started where I work (geriactric psych unit in a hospital) and not long after she found out she's pregnant. Well, now she can't do anything, telling people she's gonna get the doc to write her a "light duty" note. Unfuckinreal. There is nothing wrong with her, she's just lazy. Wrong place to be a slacker. I worked with someone like this in a nursing home once, the second she found out, she couldn't do any lifting. Fuckin idiots.
    I think it's pretty common, really. Not everyone takes advantage like this, but it seems like a lot of them do.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • it depends on the individual woman and how her specific pregnancy is

some people experience little discomfort and are able to do everything they would normally do until the last minute

but there are others who literally cannot do much because of the pain etc.

so yeah for some people, it does cause a disability for that while
    and most people want to be careful and are really cautious when they are pregnant, especially in the early stages
  • it depends on the individual woman and how her specific pregnancy is

some people experience little discomfort and are able to do everything they would normally do until the last minute

but there are others who literally cannot do much because of the pain etc.

so yeah for some people, it does cause a disability for that while
    and most people want to be careful and are really cautious when they are pregnant, especially in the early stages

Spare me....

2nd pregnancy, same job......oh, didn't I mention I was also pregnant at the same job, 5 months before her and had no issues? Oh, did I also mention that MY child was 6 weeks premature...not because of the job mind you....

Does it occur to you, or anyone on here that there ARE women who take advantage of being pregnant?

Its ok....her ass will have 2 young kids to support because she's dumb and doesn't know what birth control is...

So her co workers will tolerate her for another 9 months

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    Is the baby daddy cheating on her?
    Because this is perfect for the Jerry Springer show. :lol::lol:
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I don't see the big deal really :? if and when I get pregnant, my baby will be my priority, NOT my co-workers who I probably don't care for either ;) . I can't believe people would expect a pregnant coworker to do heavy lifting and other jobs where anything could go wrong... seriously? I will expect to do the bare minimum.

THIS in the day and age where people no longer offer their seats to pregnant women! :shock: :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Being pregnant isn't something to ignore. If the mother's body is stressed during pregnancy, it can cause all sorts of problems for the baby. Babies arrive prematurely when their mother's blood pressure is too high because she is stressed. It also causes them to develop differently. Being premature means all kinds of things for the child that will be with him or her their entire life.

How much better it is for the child if the mother just pays attention to being pregnant so that the baby can have a healthy environment to grow in?! I don't understand why a co-worker would want a mother to NOT take care of her baby's health! :shock:

It seems to me that in the grand scheme of life, a job and co-workers are second to giving one's own child a chance to be as healthy as possible.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Being pregnant isn't something to ignore. If the mother's body is stressed during pregnancy, it can cause all sorts of problems for the baby. Babies arrive prematurely when their mother's blood pressure is too high because she is stressed. It also causes them to develop differently. Being premature means all kinds of things for the child that will be with him or her their entire life.

How much better it is for the child if the mother just pays attention to being pregnant so that the baby can have a healthy environment to grow in?! I don't understand why a co-worker would want a mother to NOT take care of her baby's health! :shock:

It seems to me that in the grand scheme of life, a job and co-workers are second to giving one's own child a chance to be as healthy as possible.

Do you have a premature child?

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • I don't see the big deal really :? if and when I get pregnant, my baby will be my priority, NOT my co-workers who I probably don't care for either ;) . I can't believe people would expect a pregnant coworker to do heavy lifting and other jobs where anything could go wrong... seriously? I will expect to do the bare minimum.

THIS in the day and age where people no longer offer their seats to pregnant women! :shock: :roll:

Did you read any of what was written? Did I ever say "my co workers and I expect her to do heavy lifting"

Um no, I don't think so

if you, her or anyone else expect to do "bare minimum" while pregnant at work, then make sure you don't have a job where your there to take care of others.

I have no problem helping, but I don't get paid to do the work of 2 people....you want me to lift for you, sure, no doubt.

You want to switch patients cuz this one is combative....no doubt again

But do NOT expect anyone to do your work that you are more than capable of doing

Do bare minimum....then don't work

~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • There are things that pregnant women can't do for the sake of their health and the babies, that's just it. However, that being said...here goes my rant. I got teamed up with a girl for a project at school, she is probably two months pregnant. Apparently this means she gets to dump it all in my lap. She is kind of annoying anyway, but this is just he icing on the cake. Essentially our group meetings consist of me listening to all the medications she is on b/c of depression and ADHD, her therapy sessions, and exactly what she has kept down for the day. I don't give a flying flip! I've been there and done that. I had my son when I was a full-time undergrad and I was working 30+ hours/week. Not to mention I was hospitalized more than once b/c it was a difficult pregnancy (I actually had to get a handicap hang tag for my car just while I was pregnant). Did I ever once expect anybody to do my work? NOPE. I just ate my banana b/c it tasted the same coming up as it did going down and did the best I could. Also, I think it is the only class she is taking and she doesn't work. I'm a full-time grad student,with my own family, and I work. Anyway, there's my rant. I'm going to go see what's going on over on The Porch, after that I've got to get to work because counting the group project I've got to do on my own, I've got a ton of other homework.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • I hope she gets all sorts of assistance when the kid is born and stops working altogether!

I love when my tax dollars go to people who make poor financial choices!
    I knew it all along, see?
    Did you read any of what was written? Did I ever say "my co workers and I expect her to do heavy lifting"

Um no, I don't think so

if you, her or anyone else expect to do "bare minimum" while pregnant at work, then make sure you don't have a job where your there to take care of others.

I have no problem helping, but I don't get paid to do the work of 2 people....you want me to lift for you, sure, no doubt.

You want to switch patients cuz this one is combative....no doubt again

But do NOT expect anyone to do your work that you are more than capable of doing

Do bare minimum....then don't work
    At the end of the day, if something goes wrong, it's her problem and not yours! She has done the right thing by herself and by her child... no job is worth risking the health of the unborn.

So specifically, what kinda work are you talking about then?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Sounds to me like purple_chick is a chauvinist pig.
    I recall a Chinese girl who was a cleaner on one of the sites I worked on. She got pregnant and still continued to do all the tough work. They still found some way to get rid of her :cry: . I found the whole thing quite upsetting as she was only working parttime anyway and sorting out her visa and stuff. Nobody's gonna hire a pregnant girl part time who doesn't yet have a full visa. I really hope she didn't cause her baby any harm with all that hard work she did for nothing!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I recall a Chinese girl who was a cleaner on one of the sites I worked on. She got pregnant and still continued to do all the tough work. They still found some way to get rid of her :cry: . I found the whole thing quite upsetting as she was only working parttime anyway and sorting out her visa and stuff. Nobody's gonna hire a pregnant girl part time who doesn't yet have a full visa. I really hope she didn't cause her baby any harm with all that hard work she did for nothing!

That's just sad.
    fade away...

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    justam wrote:

Do you have a premature child?

Not that it's any of your business but actually I DID. My first pregnancy I was working full time and studying for my doctoral exams. It was stupid to try to do so much.

I was so stressed out that my baby was born a month early. I had got pre-eclampsia and they had to induce him.

My second pregnancy was much healthier (and my baby did better) because I wasn't trying to work so much.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Not that it's any of your business but actually I DID. My first pregnancy I was working full time and studying for my doctoral exams. It was stupid to try to do so much.

I was so stressed out that my baby was born a month early. I had got pre-eclampsia and they had to induce him.

My second pregnancy was much healthier (and my baby did better) because I wasn't trying to work so much.
    Sorry to hear this :oops: hope your story encourages others to take it a bit easier. In this day and age there is a lot of pressure on women to do everything!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • And also, nobody's business, but my penis is very tiny. Embarrassingly tiny!
  • justam wrote:

Sorry to hear this :oops: hope your story encourages others to take it a bit easier. In this day and age there is a lot of pressure on women to do everything!

This is why I believe that women should be allowed only in the laundry room, bedroom, and kitchen.
  • justam wrote:

There is a ton of pressure, I think that was one of the reasons my pregnancy was so tough. My husband was talking about having another baby the other day. I told him if he wanted to get another job or two we could. My last baby we left with my mother while we worked. I want to be in a financial position to stay home the next time until the child starts kindergarten. There is daycare, but the cost is so insane on that to the point I would essentially be working to pay for daycare and I don't want to have to depend on relatives this time for childcare. Anyway, I'm thinking I might have another one between 32-35, but we will see. I'm kind of enjoying being a trio right now to be honest.
    fade away...

• __ Posts: 6,651
    I can't help but notice a central theme in many of the threads around here: the logical fallacy that one's personal experience is generalizable to everyone else.
  • _ wrote:
    I can't help but notice a central theme in many of the threads around here: the logical fallacy that one's personal experience is generalizable to everyone else.

I know! Everybody on the PJ message boards stereotypes people!

U C WAT I DID THARE?!
    _ wrote:

U C WAT I DID THARE?!

Yes, I see what you tried to do anyway.
  • _ wrote:
    _ wrote:

U C WAT I DID THARE?!

Yes, I see what you tried to do anyway.

lulz u mad
    lulz u mad

Huh? :?
  • _ wrote:
    lulz u mad

Huh? :?

u mad cuz i'm stylin' on u ot

*wears pants below waist*
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    +1
    I'm sorry to hear this too. I hope everything is okay now for you. :) I worked at a bakery while I was pregnant and I really got a mixed reception when it came to what I could and couldn't do. My Mum and husband were saying, "Just take it easy and don't lift really heavy stuff" and others at work were saying, "It's fine, I worked right up until the baby came!". You don't want to come across like your a whinger but then again it's a fact that heavy lifting or stress can impact the safety of your baby. I just did what I thought I could do safely, as for anyone that said, "Aaaaah you'll be fine, you can do it" I just ignored them because at the end of the day, I'd rather feel incompetant at work than bitterly regretful if I overdid it and had a miscarriage.
    justam wrote:

“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014