Early Entry, Terrible experience as a 10club member and more

2»

Comments

• Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    chime wrote:
    Sorry that photo is from Live8 not Hard Rock Calling http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4634443.stm

I've been to a few HRC shows and there wasn't a front 'D' section. There is also usually a second tent stage towards the back for HRC.

Too bad. :(

Since you've already been to HRC, how does is work, exactly? I mean, I went to their site (sen last years map etc), but how, in you opininon, would it work for PJ (10C queuing, in that case, time of arrival, what to do if you need to go to the toilet because you don't want to leave the front row etc).

Thanks. ;)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Hub. wrote:
    BTW, I found this pic :

crowd.jpg

It was there.

Apparently, this was taken from the HRC, isn't a "D"? :o
    look Beautiful!!!!
    really it wasnt

I was close to the edge of the D there and it was still miles away. i could just about make out Michael Stipe from there without using the screens

the shitty bit? the front section was for the VIP's...yes Bob geldof doing exactly what he champions so much against, making a class system in the crowd......equality? yeah fucking right Bob.

Oh and those guys who got in that woefully under capacity front special bit.....could drink alcohol, yet noone else there could.....some more equality.

Yet bono , the king tit, and his U2 mates, did just this also on their vertigo tour - with those who paid the most getting closer on the GA floor....way to go Bono...equality for all. :twisted:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited February 2010
    Hub. wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Sorry that photo is from Live8 not Hard Rock Calling http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4634443.stm

I've been to a few HRC shows and there wasn't a front 'D' section. There is also usually a second tent stage towards the back for HRC.

Since you've already been to HRC, how does is work, exactly? I mean, I went to their site (sen last years map etc), but how, in you opininon, would it work for PJ (10C queuing, in that case, time of arrival, what to do if you need to go to the toilet because you don't want to leave the front row etc).

Thanks. ;)

How 10c tickets work I'm not sure as I've not known of anything similar happening previously at HRC. There are several entrances so hopefully all 10c tickets will go in one entrance so the e-mail we receive a few days before hand will tell us which entrance to go to and what time tickets will be released. I would expect tickets to be handed out from about 12 as gates for normal ticket holders can open from 2ish.

In respect to being front row I would presume during the first couple of acts the people around you may be willing to let you go out to go to the toilets and come back but a few hours in that will stop so if you plan on being front row expect several hours of no toilet breaks.

If you are doing more than one show on the tour I would take this day to be the one show to chill out and enjoy with friends. Wander around eat food, enjoy the sun, have some beers ... watch things on the big screens :mrgreen:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Yet bono , the king tit, and his U2 mates, did just this also on their vertigo tour - with those who paid the most getting closer on the GA floor....way to go Bono...equality for all.

For Foos in Hyde Park in '06 I coughed up the extra tenner to be in the golder circle so it's not just U2 that pull this stuff
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

If you are doing more than one show on the tour I would take this day to be the one show to chill out and enjoy with friends. Wander around eat food, enjoy the sun, have some beers ... watch things on the big screens :mrgreen:
    especially after 2 days in the row in Dublin-Belfast this will be a chill out.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    chime wrote:
    Hub. wrote:
    chime wrote:

Thanks. ;)

How 10c tickets work I'm not sure as I've not known of anything similar happening previously at HRC. There are several entrances so hopefully all 10c tickets will go in one entrance so the e-mail we receive a few days before hand will tell us which entrance to go to and what time tickets will be released. I would expect tickets to be handed out by about 12 as gates for normal ticket holders can open from 2ish.

In respect to being front row I would presume during the first couple of acts the people around you may be willing to let you go out to go to the toilets and come back but a few hours in that will stop so if you plan on being front row expect several hours of no toilet breaks.

pdalowsky wrote:
    Yet bono , the king tit, and his U2 mates, did just this also on their vertigo tour - with those who paid the most getting closer on the GA floor....way to go Bono...equality for all.

For Foos in Hyde Park in '06 I coughed up the extra tenner to be in the golder circle so it's not just U2 that pull this stuff

I'm just being bitter about the U2 stance on these types of things around the world and then they go and do the segregation thing in the interests of more cash in their pockets.....I know many a band do these things, and fair play to them, they dont all preach to the world exactly the opposite principles....it bugs the life out of me that some of the U2 fans from the very start may have been with them all along the way and 20 years on they have to stand further back because they dont have the coin.....it stinks. really gets on my tits. The message is clear, those with the most cash are valued more and are 'bigger fans'.

The golden circle thing doesnt bother me generally, but to pay more to get into it with U2s ethos just plain sucks... couldnt they have done it on a first come first served basis? a lottery? Nope because its all about the money.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    From the pics I'm trying to figure out where the VIP/viewing platform is. If I remember well it was somewhere to the right (when you were facing the stage)?
    redrock wrote:
    From the pics I'm trying to figure out where the VIP/viewing platform is. If I remember well it was somewhere to the right (when you were facing the stage)?

I know the semi circle was for the champagne people, and there was the jonathan ross bubble on the left hand side looking at the stage
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    chime wrote:
    How 10c tickets work I'm not sure as I've not known of anything similar happening previously at HRC. There are several entrances so hopefully all 10c tickets will go in one entrance so the e-mail we receive a few days before hand will tell us which entrance to go to and what time tickets will be released. I would expect tickets to be handed out from about 12 as gates for normal ticket holders can open from 2ish.

It was especially for my girlfriend (I think I could wait several hours without pissing). :mrgreen:

And, no, I'm not doing any other show. :cry:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I know the semi circle was for the champagne people, and there was the jonathan ross bubble on the left hand side looking at the stage

It's not that... it's actually a platform with seats.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    redrock wrote:

It's not that... it's actually a platform with seats.

Think pdalowsky is talking about Live8 what you're talking about at HRC red is in the first picture I posted on the previous page ... right hand (from where the photo is taken) side of the stage
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    That's what I'm talking about Chime. Thanks. Couldn't remember exactly where it was. Good view, I would have thought?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    The band doesnt want you to travel to the shows
    and they do the best they can with festivals, but really they are just huge GA shows where the band has little control

Its just the way it is

really