Early Entry, Terrible experience as a 10club member and more

PixelPixel Posts: 82
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Hey all,
Im a big fan of PJ for a very long time now, but only recently started being a 10 club member.
I was wondering.. i know that the presale of 10club tickets have already finished..
If i buy tickets now, for the 25th london show, i wont get early entry right? :cry:

If thats the case, its pretty annoying to tell you the truth.
the right for early entry is really so infinitesimal..
there is no way for an adult to get an alert 2 days before tickets start selling and then have 1 day duration to buy it, for a show which is 6months ahead.. :roll:
Its far easier for people who live close by i guess..
i seriously dont know if to laugh or cry by this act..

Only being a 10club member for maybe 2months now, after experiencing this terrible, just terrible way of providing a "Club member" tickets to his beloved band, i know that i wont renew my subscription if that would be the case also in the future.. I can think of so many different ways to make that work better for the fans..
I really hope that in some manner Eddie can read stuff as this, i cant believe the band would actually let stuff as this happen, they are the most loving band for their fans

If i buy tickets now, it's very annoying to think, that i am a ten club member, paid my money for it but now ill have to wait from 6am till the start of the show just to get a good place near the stage..
thats what happened for me in berlin, i got to be very close to the stage, just to be so powerless and tired not to even have the power to rock and jump almost
where all other people who do live very close by, bought those tickets and can get the early entry

on anothr note..
regarding the 25th show.. hard calling.. do anyone know the nature of this festival? if pearl jam will have like a 3hour show, or is it more like 1.5hours show and then the next band? the only thing which interests me is pearl jam

thanks!
keep on rocking and loving as much as you can
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Sorry, for the moment, concerning Hard Rock Calling, on the official site, there is no information. But I think PJ will play 1.5hours rather than 3. I also think they will be the last band of the day (so, let's hope they'll play longer).
  • Pixel wrote:
    Hey all,
    Im a big fan of PJ for a very long time now, but only recently started being a 10 club member.
    I was wondering.. i know that the presale of 10club tickets have already finished..
    If i buy tickets now, for the 25th london show, i wont get early entry right? :cry:

there is no way for an adult to get an alert 2 days before tickets start selling and then have 1 day duration to buy it, for a show which is 6months ahead.. :roll:

Only being a 10club member for maybe 2months now, after experiencing this terrible, just terrible way of providing a "Club member" tickets to his beloved band, i know that i wont renew my subscription if that would be the case also in the future.. I can think of so many different ways to make that work better for the fans..
    I really hope that in some manner Eddie can read stuff as this, i cant believe the band would actually let stuff as this happen, they are the most loving band for their fans

If i buy tickets now, it's very annoying to think, that i am a ten club member, paid my money for it but now ill have to wait from 6am till the start of the show just to get a good place near the stage..
    thats what happened for me in berlin, i got to be very close to the stage, just to be so powerless and tired not to even have the power to rock and jump almost
    where all other people who do live very close by, bought those tickets and can get the early entry

on anothr note..
    regarding the 25th show.. hard calling.. do anyone know the nature of this festival? if pearl jam will have like a 3hour show, or is it more like 1.5hours show and then the next band? the only thing which interests me is pearl jam

thanks!
    i think u answer the most of your questions with what Eddie said
    love as much as you can...
    its good in my opinion that all happen quick and 6 months before,,we have plenty of time to make our plans
    being close to the stage is not all that must count..last year i was 1st row in Rotterdam,berlin after the madness i wait all 10c members to go in and after i go to the venue,Manchester i had seated,and London was 5-6 row..all was great,,i got the feeling see my favorite band..
    and one thing counts for me...to get tickets and be in the show..
    and normal the shows of pj are around 2.5 hours and in festival -play around 2 hours..so all good!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Pixel wrote:
    Hey all,

on anothr note..

thanks!

let me be the first to tell you that you aren't the first person to complain...

but let me also tell you that it has improved...i remember tickets being announced and at that same time tickets going on sale...so a 2 day interim is an improvement...however, most of us are still unsatisfied. I don't think we will be until we have somewhere around a 10 days or at least a week, hell i'll even be happy with 5 days notice.

Don't let this ruin your membership either. There's more to the 10c than the tickets. Though it is the biggest deal sweetener, there is much more. There is the annual single, 10c exclusive pre-sales for merch, Deep Mag, and not to mention the people here are fantastic. Sure the way things are run around here can be...questionable, to say the least. but you also have to keep in mind how out right spoiled we are. No other fan club treats us to so much for so cheap (or well cheap-er)...but if you're only in it for the tickets, then go ahead don't renew
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    I think it will be a touch over 2hrs at Hard Rock Calling. I saw The Police play the same festival 2 years back and it was around 2 hours.

They could have done a gold circle for ten club members and early entry people. They did this for The Foo Fighters at Hyde Park and Muse at Wembley Stadium. But I guess only the organisers from the festival could arrange this
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
    There will not be a special Ten Club reserved section within the venue floor for security reasons

Maybe this will change. I mean, since they still don't know how they'll manage it, they prefer saying that and finally do a gold circle (yeah! I know! I believe in Santa).
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Springsteen had a 3h15min slot at this year's Hard Rock Calling. Ended up playing almost 3 hours. Neil Young played his normal full length set too. I don't see why Pearl Jam being a headliner would not get to play as long as they like.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    mrk2 wrote:
    Springsteen had a 3h15min slot at this year's Hard Rock Calling. Ended up playing almost 3 hours. Neil Young played his normal full length set too. I don't see why Pearl Jam being a headliner would not get to play as long as they like.

Sounds great, I hope so too. I wonder who the support bands will be
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i dont see what you problem is with the early queueing? this would happen regardless of these 10c tickets.. if anything it could be worse as anyone could queue up.
  • More fool anyone who wants to spend 9 hours at the front barrier, never leaving for a toilet/food/drink break.
    More fool anyone who wants to spend 9 hours at the front barrier, never leaving for a toilet/food/drink break.

yeah for a festival.. and not to mention all the pits in beforehand!
  • Just not worth it in my opinion. I would rather go and have a few beers, enjoy the support bands from the side and then make my way near the front for PJ. That's what I did this year for Springsteen at HRC and I had a decent view of the stage and video screens.
  • PixelPixel Posts: 82
    first of all, thanks for anyone who replied, appreciated..
    let me be the first to tell you that you aren't the first person to complain...

but let me also tell you that it has improved...i remember tickets being announced and at that same time tickets going on sale...so a 2 day interim is an improvement...however, most of us are still unsatisfied. I don't think we will be until we have somewhere around a 10 days or at least a week, hell i'll even be happy with 5 days notice.

Don't let this ruin your membership either. There's more to the 10c than the tickets. Though it is the biggest deal sweetener, there is much more. There is the annual single, 10c exclusive pre-sales for merch, Deep Mag, and not to mention the people here are fantastic. Sure the way things are run around here can be...questionable, to say the least. but you also have to keep in mind how out right spoiled we are. No other fan club treats us to so much for so cheap (or well cheap-er)...but if you're only in it for the tickets, then go ahead don't renew

Of course im not here for the tickets only, i wish i had more time to write here on these forums.. or else i would have done that.. i know the other benefits as ive read them on the website.. its just that for me as you said is the biggest deal sweetner.

This band has influenced my life in such an unreversable way that i love being close as much as i can to THEIR energies (not just the music) and see them up close, so for me its a big deal.. having eye contact with them is priceless.. of course ill enjoy either way, how cant you enjoy such great art

i dont know how it is in other fan clubs, as i never was in any of them, just saying from what i experienced..
    i just wished there was a better way to do this, i mean, i dont even want to get my tickets early, my mind is set on getting IN early.. the tickets could be just plain regular, but the could have issued plastic membership cards for example, and then on the day of the show, they can let people only with those passes with their names on it+id to get the early entry.. its far more logical dont you think? even if they cant doit to every show possible, its still more logical.

Brisk. wrote:
    More fool anyone who wants to spend 9 hours at the front barrier, never leaving for a toilet/food/drink break.

yeah for a festival.. and not to mention all the pits in beforehand!
    Just not worth it in my opinion. I would rather go and have a few beers, enjoy the support bands from the side and then make my way near the front for PJ. That's what I did this year for Springsteen at HRC and I had a decent view of the stage and video screens.

Never been to a euro festival before guys, believe me im no fool.. im sure they is probably much to do beside the show.. been to festivals in australia, but that was different, my favourite band wasnt there..

What i wrote is holding if i go to a PJ show only

then yes, i dont care about anything else but see them, i get all the way to europe for them, so thats my main focus
  • Pixel wrote:

Never been to a euro festival before guys, believe me im no fool.. im sure they is probably much to do beside the show.. been to festivals in australia, but that was different, my favourite band wasnt there..

What i wrote is holding if i go to a PJ show only

then yes, i dont care about anything else but see them, i get all the way to europe for them, so thats my main focus

Kudos to you if you can go 9 hours without food/drink/toilet!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    While I agree, more time to figure out things would be great. but the comment about not wanting to get tickets early, but wanting to get in early makes me think this :

what does the 10c gain from getting all the members in early, even if you didn't buy tickets from the 10c ?

The 10c does a lot for us, and somtimes they may come up short, they are human after all. And as much as we would like to think that they are in control of everything, they are not. Some things are out of their control, as in the announcing of certain shows, especially festival shows.

lets not forget, the 10c is a business after all, so I ask again, what do they gain from getting all members in, if you as a member are not going to purchase tickets through them ?

just my opinion.

have a great time.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    If 10c have X amount of tickets to a show then generally there are X + Y people trying to get fan club tickets. X amount being successful and Y having to try for regular tickets. Although for HRC pretty much everyone who wanted them could get them as they were on sale for a while unlike the almost instant sell outs of gigs like Dublin.

If they used your membership card idea then both X + Y could turn up on the day and get in early so you would need to get there even earlier and queue longer to be at the front of this larger group of people.

If 10c managed to get 10% of the tickets for HRC that's probably close to 5000 tickets. Of course everyone would like to be close and have eye contact with the band but it's not possible. They are too popular and have too many fan club members for it to happen for everyone.

You have to look on the bright side that unlike seated shows where your seats (and therefore how close you get to the band) is largely based (the lottery rows being the exception) on your membership number if you manage to get 10c tickets how close you can get to the band is largely in your hands and whether you want/are willing to queue.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    its just a perk?

making sure the normal people dont get ahead of us and get a better view.. but that probably wouldn't happen anyway as if it was just total GA and 10c had a portion of them we would still all make the barrier.
  • chime wrote:
    If 10c have X amount of tickets to a show then generally there are X + Y people trying to get fan club tickets. X amount being successful and Y having to try for regular tickets.
    i need this to hear this from u in a classroom :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • sickofitsickofit Posts: 780
    chime wrote:
    If 10c have X amount of tickets to a show then generally there are X + Y people trying to get fan club tickets. X amount being successful and Y having to try for regular tickets.
    i need this to hear this from u in a classroom :D

:lol::lol::lol: The Pearl Jam ticketing algebraic problem question for this year's exams.
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    chime wrote:
    If 10c have X amount of tickets to a show then generally there are X + Y people trying to get fan club tickets. X amount being successful and Y having to try for regular tickets. Although for HRC pretty much everyone who wanted them could get them as they were on sale for a while unlike the almost instant sell outs of gigs like Dublin.

If they used your membership card idea then both X + Y could turn up on the day and get in early so you would need to get there even earlier and queue longer to be at the front of this larger group of people.

If 10c managed to get 10% of the tickets for HRC that's probably close to 5000 tickets. Of course everyone would like to be close and have eye contact with the band but it's not possible. They are too popular and have too many fan club members for it to happen for everyone.

You have to look on the bright side that unlike seated shows where your seats (and therefore how close you get to the band) is largely based (the lottery rows being the exception) on your membership number if you manage to get 10c tickets how close you can get to the band is largely in your hands and whether you want/are willing to queue.
    What she said.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Pixel wrote:
    Hey all,

on anothr note..

thanks!

omg stop yr whinging, go see the best band in the world, doesnt matter how close to the stage u are, they will b amazing as always, and im sure you'll have an awesome time...at the end of the day 10c can only do so much...
    Oh dear dad Can you see me now I am myself
    Like you somehow
  • the wolf wrote:
    While I agree, more time to figure out things would be great. but the comment about not wanting to get tickets early, but wanting to get in early makes me think this :

what does the 10c gain from getting all the members in early, even if you didn't buy tickets from the 10c ?

The 10c does a lot for us, and somtimes they may come up short, they are human after all. And as much as we would like to think that they are in control of everything, they are not. Some things are out of their control, as in the announcing of certain shows, especially festival shows.

lets not forget, the 10c is a business after all, so I ask again, what do they gain from getting all members in, if you as a member are not going to purchase tickets through them ?

just my opinion.

have a great time.
    +1..well said
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318

I couldn't agree more. If your eyes are floating how can you even see the band?
  • Pixel wrote:
    Hey all,

I'll tell you what I don't know to laugh or cry about.......Someone is admittedly a 10 Club member for just 2 months now, and is not only complaining about the ticketing process (as if they have a clue how things used to be) but also thinks they have the answers on how to make things better.

What a joke. The 10 Club is awesome. If the ticketing process isn't perfect for a specific event, it's because Pearl Jam and the 10 Club are NOT in charge of everything regarding each show (especially festivals).

But I'm sure someone who has been around for 2 months has all the answers regarding the 10 Club's ticketing process. By all means, go right ahead and cancel your membership. Such a ripoff to spend $15 a year and not be able to walk into a venue 1 minute before PJ hits the stage and sit in the first row. Such a crappy fan club.
    All we know is there is a letter, a porch, people who don't wave, and something about a box or a bag.
    BTW, I found this pic :

crowd.jpg

It was there.

Apparently, this was taken from the HRC, isn't a "D"? :o
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited February 2010
    Sorry that photo is from Live8 not Hard Rock Calling http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4634443.stm

I've been to a few HRC shows and there wasn't a front 'D' section. There is also usually a second tent stage towards the back for HRC.

These are HRC

1246219763_bigcrowd.jpg

hard-rock-calling-2008---aerial-view.jpg
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Hub. wrote:
    BTW, I found this pic :

crowd.jpg

It was there.

look Beautiful!!!!
  • Hub. wrote:
    BTW, I found this pic :

crowd.jpg

It was there.

look Beautiful!!!!
    chime wrote:
    Sorry that photo is from Live8 not Hard Rock Calling http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4634443.stm

I've been to a few HRC shows and there wasn't a front 'D' section. There is also usually a second tent stage towards the back for HRC.

These are HRC

1246219763_bigcrowd.jpg

hard-rock-calling-2008---aerial-view.jpg

im more exiting now..awesome!!!
  • I think the members should buy their tickets early but should get more time to decide whether they go or don't go to the show. I would have to talk to other employees before so I know if I can get 1 or 2 days off. I do not live near Berlin and have to drive a few hours in the morning, go to the hotel at 2pm and then hurry to walk to the venue. And just because I had to figure out if I can get these two days off, I wasn't able to get the 10c tix. Well, thanks a lot. :x
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Commiserations to anyone who's had problems including the OP. But to me my $25 dollars international membership pays off in terms of information, not just from the club but from other members. We didn't get 10c tickets for HRC as I needed 3, but if I didn't come in here I probably wouldn't have heard about it for a bit.