Options

fans over 40

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,397
    49 last month..not ever stopping....going to 6 shows...this year...GA for 3...love listening to the younger ones who whine about having to stand...I go to Springsteen shows all the time...8 this year alone and ALWAYS stand in the GA.
  • Options
    Well well...now that I got another bday under my belt..I belong in the category...way way over 40.. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    lowas3lowas3 Posts: 12
    I started loving PJ in my late 40's. Now I'm 50! I've missed so much, but I'm going to see them in Oakland, CA for the first time. Looking forward to it everyday!
  • Options
    Some of us are late bloomers..but you will kick the ass's of the young pups in Oakland... :lol::lol: I know I do
    lowas3 wrote:
    I started loving PJ in my late 40's. Now I'm 50! I've missed so much, but I'm going to see them in Oakland, CA for the first time. Looking forward to it everyday!
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    43 and still ticking!
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    13 days!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    54 and looking forward to hitting the road on 10/15 for the first of 23 shows . Nothing like being a touring fan . Well, except travelling with my girlfriend for the first time ; for the last five shows out west.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    We 40+'s are the hardcore & it will be interesting at the BDO in January as it has become a festival that young people go to & they see it as their right of passage to being an adult. There will be a large proportion of them that would never had heard of PJ & they are in for a big lesson in what real music is all about as a majority don't actually go for the music but just to be seen. The Gen Y lot have much to learn & I hope they are educated by the band that gave us the soundtrack of our youth!!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    47 here. I would imagine there are quite a number of over 40 fans.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    Some of us are late bloomers..but you will kick the ass's of the young pups in Oakland... :lol::lol: I know I do
    lowas3 wrote:

I am definitely one of the late bloomers-only started listening to PJ three years ago, and I"m quite a bit over 40! :lol:
    Going to 4 shows this fall and I can hardly wait!! :D:D Already hoping for Europe next summer too!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    44 and getting younger daily:)
  • Options
    Made of StarsMade of Stars Milwaukee, WI Posts: 185
    Turned 60 July 31st and am taking myself to the shows in Vancouver and Seattle as a belated birthday gift. I will be looking for new friends while I am there as the ones I have think I am insane for doing this. They just don't get it. :fp: They took me out for my birthday and actually had a drinking game based on me saying Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder.
    Be kind whenever possible.
    It is always possible.
  • Options
    arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    49 years old and still can not get enough of this band. Going to 5 shows during the fall, wish it was more .

Have been a fan since mid 90's.

Very proud of my 2 sons 17 & 12 who have grown up listening to and loving Pearl Jam. So great that we now get to share these live show experiences together.
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    Turning 53 on Tuesday- could def. be someone's mother here! :lol:
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Hello

Long time PJ fan - Brand New 10C Analogue member - forum reader - over 40 - first poster - UK

Looking forward to many more years of forum reading and like minded fan postings.

Also, hoping for a 2014 European Tour!!!
    I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours - Bob Dylan

17/08/2009 Manchester
    21/06/2012 Manchester
    28/07/2012 Manchester (EV)
  • Options
    lcusick wrote:
    Turning 53 on Tuesday- could def. be someone's mother here! :lol:

And I could be someone's grandmother! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    40 and over a few months over - does that count?
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    jaffictram wrote:
    Hello

Long time PJ fan - Brand New 10C Analogue member - forum reader - over 40 - first poster - UK

Looking forward to many more years of forum reading and like minded fan postings.

Also, hoping for a 2014 European Tour!!!

Hello, welcome.

I see that you signed up in 2011, waited more than a year to become member and post.

I followed the exact route back then. Was overwhelmed by the level of knowledge here and spent a considerable time reading. I remember reading like hundreds of pages, definitely wasnt good for my eyes. :)

Even now, my reading to posting ratio should be like 80-20%. Reading this forum is a way of meditation for me.

Anyway, welcome again and hope to see your posts further on and let's hope together for a Euro-14 tour.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Hello, welcome.

I see that you signed up in 2011, waited more than a year to become member and post.

I followed the exact route back then. Was overwhelmed by the level of knowledge here and spent a considerable time reading. I remember reading like hundreds of pages, definitely wasnt good for my eyes. :)

Even now, my reading to posting ratio should be like 80-20%. Reading this forum is a way of meditation for me.

Anyway, welcome again and hope to see your posts further on and let's hope together for a Euro-14 tour.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome. Indeed I did join in 2011 and read a load of posts before that even. Totally overwhelmed at the amount of like minded people and level of knowledge. I thought I was a massive fan, but seeing the fellow members on here is astonishing.

Thanks again for the welcome - take care.
    I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours - Bob Dylan

17/08/2009 Manchester
    21/06/2012 Manchester
    28/07/2012 Manchester (EV)
  • Options
    zero21zero21 Posts: 7
    40 and been a fan since the Ten album.
    Can't wait to get the next album in october.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    I looking to connect with fans over 40. The fans that grew up listening to PJ and still do. Lets connect.

does 53 count?
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    I turned 40 last weekend and my wonderful wife got me my first guitar as a birthday present. I just started learning Immortality and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I wouldn't have even tried to play if it weren't for PJ.
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Options
    lohadlohad Posts: 11
    Am I really that old? I have kids and a dog and a house, even a minivan. I guess so. I've been a fan since the beginning and it seems like yesterday I was listening to PJ in my college apartment. I guess that's good, yeah?
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Bird, this is funny....I love how we just bring up PJ to random people and see if they take the bait :lol:

45 in 3 weeks, loved them since the beginning, I think I already posted on this thread before ;)
    Bird889 wrote:
    51 and felt like 101 after rocking out at all four Philly shows (never sat once).

Funny thing is that I have such a blast at the shows meeting and hanging out with the young people (age 30). :D

Two weeks after the Philly shows I took my wife and parents on a cruise...I was soooo bored, I felt I had nothing in common with any of the other travelers. I kept having the urge to ask others on the ship if they caught any of the Philly shows...but didn't want to have to explain what a Pearl Jam was.

At least I was able to show off my new PJ tattoo around the pool...
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need