Why Your Town Should Get A PJ Show In 2010...

13»

Comments

• Becuase Red Rocks is the greatest place in the world to see a show!!! It's only been almost 15 years since they played there.
    Red Rocks is not in my backyard but it's less than a hour drive down the mountains. Love going to shows there 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Since being built a few years ago, The John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA has been host to many shows. DMB has played their four times, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Dead, Springsteen and just recently Phish. the list is much larger but i think I have made my point as far as size goes. Charlottesville is a great place to see music. Not only do they have the arena, they also have the Amplitheatre which hosts everyone from Billy Joel, James Taylor, Widespread Panic, Allman Bros., The Black Crowes, to many smaller bands such as The Drive by Truckers and also have Scott Stadium which just recently hosted U2's 360 tour and last year they hosted the Rolling Stones. Now, I digress, if Charlottesville can host some of the biggest touring acts in the world (DMB, U2, The Dead, Stones, ect) why hasn't Pearl Jam shown up there yet?

I have read alot on here about why Pearl jam should continue to play the same places that they have in the past, and why not, they are great venues and towns. But if you would like to see show in a venue with incredible sound and amazing seats (only bad seat is behind the stage) and visit a town with lots of history and the nicest people, I say Charlottesville, VA @ the John Paul Jones Arena is somewhere they should play in the next year.
  • Ps- This isnt even my hometown...I live two hours away. But the chances of them playing Roanoke is about as good as me getting back stage passes to the anniversary show :lol:
  • there is no reason why my hometown should get yet another show, other than the fact that my hometown adores pj, they sell out every show played here, sometimes back to back shows. and the crowd is always nuckin futs

but, i do see why they come back ;)
  • JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA!!!!! If we're big enough to have an NFL football team (not for long though), for god's sake, can we not get a PJ show. Throw me a freakin bone here
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Victoria B.C. Pearl Jams last show was Jan 10 1991. Thats the ongoing record for longest wait between shows. 18 years ! Come back please lol
  • It's not my town but biloxi, ms should get one cuz I said it is so. Ledbelly hath spoken
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    edited December 2009
    Toledo, Ohio 1. We have a brand new arena http://www.lucascountyarena.com http://www.lucascountyarena.com/images/photos/tran6.jpg
    2. We're insignificant but appreciative
    3. I need my Let Me Sleep 45 signed
    Post edited by Evel K on
    Things were different then
  • ...because my town beat your town in this year's world series ;)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Why My Town Should Get A PJ Show In 2010...???

1. We had only 1 show and it was 13 years ago...it was unforgettable but we still need another one!

2. they still owe us a show because they cancelled one in 2000 which turned out to be the second famous Katowice show... :evil:

3. because Jeff promised us in Arnhem

4. Hungarian wine is one of the finest Ed could find
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    Philly :D

Why? Because . . . it's Philly and we ROCK.

as long as they keep coming, we'll keep showing up

this may be blasphemous but after the Spectrum shows I almost think PJ needs to give Philly a rest for a few years. No way any show they do here will come close to those 4 if they come back too soon. After seeing them rip through 4 amazing shows would seeing them in Camden really be worth anything? Love to see them play some other places and travel to them. Vegas is always good to travel to. Wouldn't mind trying some shows in the South if they do play there - maybe Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky. Another Canada tour would be cool, I think I'd try to hit that if they did that again.
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    demetrios wrote:
    Cause we (Halifax, NS) still have that 7 pack of Keith's iced cold & awaiting the return of Ed's promise.

Before Pearl Jam play's Europe June/July '10, they will have to fly out of North America right? Well, Halifax, Nova Scotia, is closer to Europe than any other East Coast port of call!"

;)

Perfect point! Why fly out of Toronto when you can fly out of Halifax. It makes the flight to Heathrow 2 hours shorter!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Bump30 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Cause we (Halifax, NS) still have that 7 pack of Keith's iced cold & awaiting the return of Ed's promise.

Before Pearl Jam play's Europe June/July '10, they will have to fly out of North America right? Well, Halifax, Nova Scotia, is closer to Europe than any other East Coast port of call!"

;)

Perfect point! Why fly out of Toronto when you can fly out of Halifax. It makes the flight to Heathrow 2 hours shorter!!

Ah yeah! :)

Plus to add, Nova Scotia is the birthplace of Hockey! Windsor, N.S. 8-)
    Why we don't have an NHL team, beats the hell out of me. :|

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/10373/
  • It's not my town but biloxi, ms should get one cuz I said it is so. Ledbelly hath spoken

Hell yeah! Gamble!!!!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Because I had a nasty infection (MRSA) and missed ALL 4 Philly Shows and I love them so much and miss them dearly and have been bummed ever since!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    demetrios wrote:
    Bump30 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

;)

Ah yeah! :)

Plus to add, Nova Scotia is the birthplace of Hockey! Windsor, N.S. 8-)
    Why we don't have an NHL team, beats the hell out of me. :|

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/clips/10373/

PLUS it's been 5 years!!!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    They should play in my hometown of West Chester, PA. We got a new bar/club called "The Note" owned by Bam Margera. Holds a few hundreds people. Pretty cool venue. :D

If not the Note I'll take The Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE. :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    I agree, Jacksonville, FL. However country music does great here but not sure Pearl Jam would do so great here. Would be great for me though since I live 10 minutes from downtown.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    8/17/98
    8/18/00
    6/22/03
  • because it's New York Fucking City.
    Jam out with your clam out.