Why Your Town Should Get A PJ Show In 2010...

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I think they should play my local boutique movie theater. It even has a built in pipe organ which rises from the floor, for boom to play.

http://byrdtheatre.com/
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    because it's been 6 years since they played long island. play a 3 night run at brookhaven amphitheater not jones beach. nothing better than a concert on hot long island summer night.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    no need to beg
    I will likely have five or more shows withing 3 hrs driving time, and a bunch in the city or very close

its good to live near the greatest city in the world

and sorry D2D but please skip jones beach that venue is a fucking nightmare
    as pretty as it is
  • If you have a chance listen to the 2003 Alpine Valley show. The crowd that nite was so loud and full of so much energy. One of the best shows I have ever been to. The parking lot scene is a huge tailgate party. Myself I love seeing PJ outside over an indoor venue. DMB, Buffett, PJ and a few others make Alpine a magical place to see a show. The Ice Bowl in 2000 was great along with the 1998 shows. But that 2003 show was epic. The crowd singalong at the start of Betterman one of the best. I will never forget after they finished Baba and left the stage the roar of the crowd. You can hear the people hitting their seats and the huge rumble. Then you hear Mike start YLB and the crowd roars again. I still get chills listening to that show and I do listen to it almost daily. The sunset was beautiful and awwww I could go on and on about that show and nite. :) Listen to the bootleg and play it loud.

So once again please play Alpine Valley.:)
  • Philly! Why? Because Philly is the capital of PJ on the east coast. :lol:

Don't worry NY, you will have your MSG shows too!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Philly! Why? Because Philly is the capital of PJ on the east coast. :lol:

Capitol of what? Losing?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • We are Chicago
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
    Philly! Why? Because Philly is the capital of PJ on the east coast. :lol:

Capitol of what? Losing?
    :lol::lol:

hey come on now give philly credit. they actually won something 2 years ago. they can be the new boston and hold onto that world series for a buncha years now. :mrgreen:

• St. Louis, people. Parlty because I've never seen them :D and they haven't played here since 04. I realize other places have gone longer, but hot damn it's STL.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Its my hometown away from home- Alpine Valley should get a show in 2010.
    This because it is an awesome venue nestled in the beautiful green hillsides of Wisconsin. It has wonderful PJ memories and I'm sure a joy to play. Because Wisconsin people are the friendliest party people in the US and will welcome all who come. It will have been 7 years since they have played and because Pearl Jam knows they want to :D !
  • metsfan wrote:
    hey come on now give philly credit. they actually won something 2 years ago. they can be the new boston and hold onto that world series for a buncha years now. :mrgreen:

Wait a sec, your name is "metsfan" and you're accusing someone else of "holding onto a world series for a buncha years".

"Hi, kettle. Its pot. You're black."

Sorry, I'm sidetracked. The purpose of this thread is to let PJ know where to play in 2010...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    metsfan wrote:

Wait a sec, your name is "metsfan" and you're accusing someone else of "holding onto a world series for a buncha years".
    met fans have let go of that 86 world series many years ago. any true realist met fan that is.

please play alpine valley

back on track now

• seeing as i have spent my entire life living 4.5 miles from the jones beach amphitheater, there is nothing I would love more than to finally get to see my favorite band there, as I have always loved jones beach. Some say the sound is bad, but thats only if it is VERY windy, so in june it is always a very enjoyable summer venue. Pearl Jam hasnt been to long island since 03 and I think we need to erase the memories of that show, so playing jones beach would be perfect.

and yes i realize the garden is a 45min train ride away and new york has seen many pearl jam shows in its proximity lately so lets all just wish for a full scale 3 leg totaling 80 show tour (though i doubt itll happen its nice to dream).
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • In New Mexico, they played:
    Albuquerque 1993
    Las Cruces 1995
    Albuquerque 1998
    Albuquerque 2000

(crickets... crickets... for 10 years...)

... 2010 is here! Isn't ignoring one of our 50 for an entire decade long enough? But fuck, I'd be happy if they even played Phoenix or Denver. SOMETHING less than a 10 hour drive for the first time in 7 years.... that'd be nice. Thanks.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • We are Chicago

Been there done that for the last couple of years. Time for Alpine to get some midwest gigs. You can make the drive up and I'll hook you up with a beer. :D
  • pandora wrote:
    Its my hometown away from home- Alpine Valley should get a show in 2010.
    This because it is an awesome venue nestled in the beautiful green hillsides of Wisconsin. It has wonderful PJ memories and I'm sure a joy to play. Because Wisconsin people are the friendliest party people in the US and will welcome all who come. It will have been 7 years since they have played and because Pearl Jam knows they want to :D !

Great comments. :)
  • Perth needs a Pearl Jam show, after all, we haven't seen them since 14 Nov 2009!!!!

Actually, my wishlist is for a 'downsouth' show at Leeuwin Estate or similar. This would truly be one of the Permier Pearl Jam gigs at one of the nicest venues in the entire world.

http://www.leeuwinestate.com.au/

http://www.leeuwinestate.com.au/?page=9 Concerts page
  • Perth needs a Pearl Jam show, after all, we haven't seen them since 14 Nov 2009!!!!

Actually, my wishlist is for a 'downsouth' show at Leeuwin Estate or similar. This would truly be one of the Permier Pearl Jam gigs at one of the nicest venues in the entire world.

http://www.leeuwinestate.com.au/

http://www.leeuwinestate.com.au/?page=9 Concerts page

I wholeheartedly agree with this post - 155%....YES!!! haha...
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    wellington nz should have a pj show because it's not chch or auckland and therefore wins. plus i live here. plus the boys wouldn't need to pay for accomodation. we have a spare room with a double bed in it and 3 couches in the living room, one that folds out into a double bed!
  • doompony wrote:
    wellington nz should have a pj show because it's not chch or auckland and therefore wins. plus i live here. plus the boys wouldn't need to pay for accomodation. we have a spare room with a double bed in it and 3 couches in the living room, one that folds out into a double bed!

I second this ... just to see what Ziggy and Doompony come up with to see Black played in Wellington...
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    How about Columbus Ohio??!! We are not East coast, not West coast nor Europe.....We are in the middle of no where and we need some damn Pearl Jam!!!! Can that be my Christmas wish to Santa :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • goddammit, jacksonville FL can get a shitty football team (whom i love but dont think will be around much longer) but we have a 15000 seat arena and still have never seen pj grace our fine city. really pisses me off.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Rather than Seattle, they should do the Gorge. Or better yet, they should do a show at Marymoor park. That would be fucking awesome.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • KC Missouri has never had a real show they did KC Kansas in 98,2000,2003, but not a real KCMO show.But i would settle for a St. Louis show the fox vfc show was cool in 04
  • Seattle deserves a show because we are the best city ever.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Columbia MO (outlandish thought but hear me out), located roughly 2 hrs from STL and KC and we have two venues that seat around 18,000. Would be a great way to satisify the die hard KC, STL, and other MO fans in one show. It will be a guaranteed sell-out.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• not played Birmingham, England since 1992!Edward's No. 8

Feb 26, 1992
    Set 1

Oceans
    Even Flow
    Why Go
    Jeremy
    Deep
    Alive
    Black
    State Of Love And Trust
    Once
    Porch
    Encore 1

Garden
    Leash
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Palace Theater in Waterbury, CT. It's a small place for them, not sure how much it can fit. I heard somewhere like after the Shepherd's Bush gig, they like playing small places like that. I think The Palace Theater would be great for them.

Here's a link to the seating chart:
    http://www.palacetheater-ct.com/web/Map ... t%20Us.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • They should play Saratoga / Albany BC if I have to drive up to see my rents this summer I am going to need to leave the house so I might as well go see a Pearl Jam show. Also DC, AC, NYC, and Philly are all with in driving distance of me so I figure if there is any tour there will be at least a few shows I could go see even if they skip Philly this time. Also if they come back to Philly I would much rather see them in Camden rather then the stadiums.
  • Neuge wrote:
    Columbia MO (outlandish thought but hear me out), located roughly 2 hrs from STL and KC and we have two venues that seat around 18,000. Would be a great way to satisify the die hard KC, STL, and other MO fans in one show. It will be a guaranteed sell-out.

+1

Columbia would be great. Seems largely overlooked. I live in the northeast corner of Missouri, in Hannibal. (world famous America's Hometown, birthplace of great American author Mark Twain. Yeah, cheap plug). We got a new minor league baseball stadium last year that hosted .38 Special and Candy Coburn in its inaugural season. We only have 18,000 residents and neither of those artists is quite at the caliber of PJ, but that would be awesome if PJ played. I sat watching a game thinking it would be amazing to see PJ playing right here. Great outdoor summer venue. Fans could come from STL, KC, Iowa, Illinois, and wherever else.

Edit: thought I should be more specific about Hannibal's location
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!