Signed Backspacer CD/Christchurch Setlist - Charity Auctions

100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Item # 1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Autographed-CD-Signed-Charity-Auction_W0QQitemZ330387583379QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ceca27193

PJCD2.jpg

a terrific signed piece generously donated by a member of the band's crew. all proceeds from the auction will be donated to charity. don't hesitate,...

Item #2:

In addition, an auction for a Christchurch setlist has now been added as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330388023499
To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    thumbsup.gif
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    AWESOME!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    100 Pacer wrote:
    don't hesitate,...
    The only thing that makes me hesitate (I don't doubt its authenticity) is when I check the ebayers feedback. Multiple auctions for inflated GA tickets, posters from the Chch show (10 of them) at US$130 each, etc...

Do I want to give to a charity through this character? No thanks!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    bazzer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    don't hesitate,...
    The only thing that makes me hesitate (I don't doubt its authenticity) is when I check the ebayers feedback. Multiple auctions for inflated GA tickets, posters from the Chch show (10 of them) at US$130 each, etc...

Another curious thing i've been checking out on eBay is these charity auction jam's. Here's a poster going up for sale. Interpol Promotional Poster Numbered Brian Methe http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... iZ1&_rdc=1 - 100% of the final sale price will support CD101 For the Kids. It has the ribbon logo & cert from eBay that all funds will go directly to the charity. When Pearl Jam & many other's do the auction thing on eBay, i've seen that charity logo thingy all the time. This auction doesn't. It's a yes/no trust on these auctions. If you know the user or don't know the user selling the items.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    demetrios wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    don't hesitate,...

Another curious thing i've been checking out on eBay is these charity auction jam's. Here's a poster going up for sale. Interpol Promotional Poster Numbered Brian Methe http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... iZ1&_rdc=1 - 100% of the final sale price will support CD101 For the Kids. It has the ribbon logo & cert from eBay that all funds will go directly to the charity. When Pearl Jam & many other's do the auction thing on eBay, i've seen that charity logo thingy all the time. This auction doesn't. It's a yes/no trust on these auctions. If you know the user or don't know the user selling the items.

I sell a lot on ebay, and if your donating a portion then the charity icon will appear. The ebay system will automatically deduct the portion of the donation from the final sale. My point is that the charity icon should appear when it is a legit listing...... But maybe the seller is donating it personally after the sale.... I don't know....I would definitely ask questions......
    Personally I would never buy a signed item off of ebay..... that's just me..... ;););):lol::lol::lol:
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    Dudes a big flipper, was just selling every shirt and every poster from the Aussie tour. I wouldn't trust him.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • FYI

This is my charity auction - item was generously donated by one of PJ's crew

Last year I raised $5400 for the charity, the year before $3700

Anyone with any questions/dramas PM me - keep the flamming/finger pointing out of the thread
    www.blackredyellow.com - Posters & Insults
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Seriously people

I understand you checking these things before you bid but the fact that Pacer has brought this to your attention should speak volumes.

Matts a good guy, he is well known over at Blackredyellow for his continued charity work, so before anyone else wants to vent their doubts please go over there and check out all the fantastic work he has done, work he has done voluntarily, which I'm sure you'll realise would take up vast amounts of time.

Of course its easy to take a shot at someone on here but this guy is genuine, bid with confidence and full reassurance your money will be finding a great cause.

Oh and Matt may have sold some posters on ebay, my guess would be whether it stated it or not the profits or a portion of them are likely to find their way back to his charity work also.....Of course no one on here sells posters for profit though

The Message being, is these auctions are an annual thing, and some of you may not even realise it but you may have bought setlists from him before from many a show including the vedder solo shows.
  • Yeah, Matt is a good guy.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • great!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    bump for a good cause
    Matt is a good guy! He gives a lot to charitable causes but if I recall correctly that one is his favorite! Good luck bro!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    I've seen the handwritten letter of thanks the results of prior year donations. This is legit and a worthwhile cause. Matt's doing a good thing here, and annually at that. The auctions used to be only on BRY, so it seems many here weren't aware of them. I think the reason they are on eBay now is simply to get a broader audience aware and hopefully larger donations.
  • :mrgreen: bump..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I never doubted the intention of this auction or the charitable contributions of the seller. I simply pointed out that the same "good guy" that is doing all this charity work also flips posters and scalps tickets on the side. He's a regular Robin Hood!

So, I apologise if my post made it seem like he was not legit or that his charity didn't deserve the funds. I just would not support someone who flips and scalps regardless of their motives. I'm sure other people won't feel the same way and I hope that will make his auctions a real success!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    1st post edited to reflect an additional charity auction featuring a Christchurch setlist. the link for said auction appears in the 1st post,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • This is for a great cause. For those flaming away, what are you doing for charity this festive season? If nothing, shut up and move onto another thread where you can post your negativity.
    bazzer wrote:
    I never doubted the intention of this auction or the charitable contributions of the seller. I simply pointed out that the same "good guy" that is doing all this charity work also flips posters and scalps tickets on the side. He's a regular Robin Hood!

So, I apologise if my post made it seem like he was not legit or that his charity didn't deserve the funds. I just would not support someone who flips and scalps regardless of their motives. I'm sure other people won't feel the same way and I hope that will make his auctions a real success!

Hey Bazzer, i gotta say, Matt contriubtes a shit load of money to charity and i think it would be a fair comment that any money made on those posters went towards it also in some way or another...

for example after these shows, he immediately started up charity auctions selling the much in demand posters and T shirts on some forums with ALL profits going to the charities, I have no idea how much he raised but it was great for him to : -

a) make merchandise available to those not able to make the tour, and
    b) make money at the same time for something he is dedicated to supporting.

We should really pat him on the back for taking the time and effort to do these things, sure there are people picking up a stack of posters at shows to flip for profit, but there are not many picking up a stack to make a few $ for helping improve the lives of many poor children....

I understand what you were saying, as I doubt you know the guy and of course it may look like your regular 'ninersfan'....but this couldnt be further from the truth.

In fact Matt, responded to my searches for both the adelaide and christchurch posters immediately and said he could help me out? So what did he charge? nothing more than $35 a piece. Now to me thats not your average flipper.
  • FYI

Ebay are busting my balls at the moment about the Charity auctions. They have a great habit of shooting first and asking questions later.

Even though the charity is 100% NFP and I provided a link to the website.

I am now in the process of getting teh peperwork/etc so it's all up to thier requirements.

So, if any/all the auctions get pulled, don't panic, they'll be back after the new year.
    FYI

Ebay are busting my balls at the moment about the Charity auctions. They have a great habit of shooting first and asking questions later.

Even though the charity is 100% NFP and I provided a link to the website.

I am now in the process of getting teh peperwork/etc so it's all up to thier requirements.

So, if any/all the auctions get pulled, don't panic, they'll be back after the new year.

What a pain in the ass... Let's hope for the best

Bump!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• SIgned CD ending soon,

good luck to whoever wins it!